Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) L

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
im curious with the recent PAP rumors, what would you guys say the asking price be for him. Based off the rumors that i heard it was a big 3rd line winger(bourque) and a spec. is that the price or am i off?

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
im curious with the recent PAP rumors, what would you guys say the asking price be for him. Based off the rumors that i heard it was a big 3rd line winger(bourque) and a spec. is that the price or am i off?

Yeah, you're off. Bergevin offered Bourque and the Avs laughed in his face.

It's all about the D, or a forward who could provide some offense in-close around the net. PAP on his own won't snag a top-four guy, so I'm guessing a package deal of some sort.

Congo Jack

is a big fat mess.
Jun 28, 2011
Candy Apple Island
Dater saying Rangers are interested in McGinn.

Longtime New York Post reporter Larry Brooks, citing a source, says the Rangers are interested in Jamie McGinn. I'll say this: the Blueshirts have heavily scouted the Avs for a long time now, so they obviously have some interest in someone and McGinn as an object of desire makes sense. He's in the last year of his contract and the Avs have a strong group of forwards. It is my understanding the Avs are considering options to get a defenseman, and guys like McGinn are obvious bargaining chips.
McGinn has been playing real well of late, so the Avs, in my opinion, should think real hard before giving him up. It better be for a quality D-man if they do.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Dater saying Rangers are interested in McGinn.

After MDZ is gone (thank god), I doubt that we make good trading partners.

Obvious player involved would be Girardi.
And I do not want a rental that would lead to us having to re-sign the top forward (next to or maybe after Vanek) and the top dman in the whole freaking 2014 UFA class.

I really want the Avs to stay put but I am somewhat curious now if Roy is any good when it comes training and player value.
Damn you MTL media!

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Mcginn traded.. pokemon cards with his brothers as a kid.

Edited to avoid hate!:laugh:

Last edited:

Congo Jack

is a big fat mess.
Jun 28, 2011
Candy Apple Island
Also our top reporter and best insider Fred Poulin is saying that the Avs were asking about Tinordi in the Pap-Bourque fiasco. Now normally I'd just ignore him, but I love that another layer was added to this trade.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Also our top reporter and best insider Fred Poulin is saying that the Avs were asking about Tinordi in the Pap-Bourque fiasco. Now normally I'd just ignore him, but I love that another layer was added to this trade.

The entire Bourque/Parenteau rumor appears to have been created by a guy desperate for attention and hits. He certainly got what he wanted. Nobody actually credible actually backed up what he said. Indeed, it was the other way around.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I wonder how Roy views McGinn. He's been a pretty good fit with scoring line players, even if he doesn't have scoring line offensive upside. He works with Duchene, Stastny and MacKinnon and is one of the few forwards with size on the team. Seems to fit in with the team off the ice too.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
This whole thing does piggyback off of the Poulin rumor of Girardi + forward for McGinn + Wilson + Barrie/Elliott. IMO if it is Elliott, I don't care who the forward is, but if it is Barrie I want the forward to be Miller.

Avs probably want Pouliot.

No I'm serious.

Maybe Sherman SHOULD be the one taking the calls.

Pouliot would fit well on the 3rd line here as a replacement for McGinn.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I have a feeling some Ranger fans are going to be awfully dissapointed in the return Callahan gets if he is traded....

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I have a feeling some Ranger fans are going to be awfully dissapointed in the return Callahan gets if he is traded....

I get the feeling that whoever trades for Callahan is going to grossly overpay. The guy's reputation is going to drive up the price.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Roy said in todays presser that the lines won't change ("when the team is playing so well":help:), so Parenteau is a healthy scratch again. Hard to believe he'll be here after trade deadline.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Roy said in todays presser that the lines won't change ("when the team is playing so well":help:), so Parenteau is a healthy scratch again. Hard to believe he'll be here after trade deadline.

Or a trade happens before the next game :scared:

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Parenteau is probably as good as gone.

Please don't **** this trade up Roy :help:

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!

Kind of hard to believe he will play another game for us. I don't know, maybe. But seems like he is all but done here.

Now I just hope we can get something decent in return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad