Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) L

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I know some were saying its nothing, but Walsh tweeting out a bunch of random links to Parenteau goals yesterday seems even weirder today now that we know he's scratched again. Maybe he knows his client wants out.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
Rangers supposedly are interested in McGinn and Habs in PAP? What if Avs send McGinn and picks or prospects or whatever they need to add for Girardi, and send PAP to Habs for Gorges and again add a pick or prospect if needed to.

I'm definitely against trading McGinn for a soon to be UFA that is rumored to be looking for a huge long term contract.

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
Ok so seems like teams Avs might be trading with are the Habs or the Rangers as those two teams reportedly have been scouting the Avs heavily this year, and there is no secret that Sakic is looking for an upgrade on D.

Rangers supposedly are interested in McGinn and Habs in PAP? What if Avs send McGinn and picks or prospects or whatever they need to add for Girardi, and send PAP to Habs for Gorges and again add a pick or prospect if needed to.

I'd be willing to sacrifice the top 3 scoring lines for two solid d-men like Girardi and Georges, and the Avs i believe will have a much better balanced roster specially for playoff run.

ROR-Duchene-MacKinnon
Landeskog-Stastny-Tanguay

Talbot and Mitchell can form the 3rd line and whoever on the 4th line. I know this leaves no depth at forward position but then the D will look like this....

Hejda-EJ
Gorges-Girardi
Benoit/Sarich-Barrie

That's a very solid d core, and maybe Avs can also pick up a solid 3rd line checking forward along with those trades i mentioned.
I don't think I would like the group of forwards the Avs would have then. Landy, Stastny and Tanguay are a good line but MacKinnon and Duchene on the same line doesn't work well imo. And I don't want to think about what happens if one of the top 6 forwards get injured.
If they trade PAP OR McGinn for a good top 4 dman I'll be extremely happy, though.

Kschey

Avs/BorussiaDortmund
Jul 4, 2010
That is a bit of an overreaction... these things can take time. We don't know anything. Maybe PAP asked to be traded and Roy/Sakic said they will trade him but in the meantime he will be scratched? We really don't know the inner workings of this.

Maybe. Let's assume they are really trying to trade him, why wouldn't they play him and hope he has a couple good games to improve his value? How does scratching him help in this scenario?

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
The only real reason to get Callahan that I can think of is to have somebody that is defensively competent to play with Mac. But if we are keeping Stastny it is not something worth looking at IMO. It has to be Girardi. My guess is that Barrie will be involved and we will still be looking for a LH to play with Girardi.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Maybe. Let's assume they are really trying to trade him, why wouldn't they play him and hope he has a couple good games to improve his value? How does scratching him help in this scenario?

They played him a couple times to show he was back from injury. If a trade happens soon then holding him out to prevent injury makes sense. If nothing happens for several weeks and he sits that whole time then it wouldn't. I doubt he would sit that long anyway. Lose to the Wild and if he's still here I'm sure he plays the next game.

If an older UFA is the main piece in a deal I want a decent prospect too.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007

Because if he tweaks his knee or sustains any other injury he can't be traded.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
That is a bit of an overreaction... these things can take time. We don't know anything. Maybe PAP asked to be traded and Roy/Sakic said they will trade him but in the meantime he will be scratched? We really don't know the inner workings of this.

It's totally possible that PAP asked for a trade and we are trying to accommodate, but even then players have asked for trades in the past and haven't been benched.

This whole situation is odd and it needs to play out fast, as it's not reflecting well on us.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Dater's whole PA came back 3 weeks too early is stupid because you can't push up the timeline 3 weeks on a knee injury no matter how much you want to. However, getting him back on ice prior to the Olympic freeze makes sense now.

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
Pens have shown interest right? PAP for Despres? Is the value far off there?

Im not big on the UFA side of Girardi...if we want him lets take a run in the offseason IMO.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
It's totally possible that PAP asked for a trade and we are trying to accommodate, but even then players have asked for trades in the past and haven't been benched.

This whole situation is odd and it needs to play out fast, as it's not reflecting well on us.

I don't think this is reflecting poorly on the Avs at all. Plenty of good players have been sat waiting for a trade, and at this point it is only 1 game which the knee was given as a reason. He could be traded tonight or tomorrow and doesn't even miss a second game. There is no reason to rush this and take a lesser deal to eliminate a complete non-story. It will play out and it will be fairly quickly.

The only people making an issue of this are Avs fans that want a deal to be made to comment on their new toy. Everybody else understands this is a business and sometimes things like this happen.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
If the Avs are going to move Parenteau and/or McGinn, I'd like to see them figure out something with Washington. Alzner or Carlson would look nice on the Avs, and Washington needs a scoring wing like nobody's business. After Ovechkin, nobody on the wing is scoring.

Wonder if Washington would do a Carlson for McGinn/Wilson/high pick? The Avs get their 2nd pairing defenseman, Washington gets a serviceable NHL defenseman and a good wing who is still a RFA. We can substitute Alzner or Parenteau, if that makes things better for Washington. This might weaken Washington too much on the blue line though...

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I don't think this is reflecting poorly on the Avs at all. Plenty of good players have been sat waiting for a trade, and at this point it is only 1 game which the knee was given as a reason. He could be traded tonight or tomorrow and doesn't even miss a second game. There is no reason to rush this and take a lesser deal to eliminate a complete non-story. It will play out and it will be fairly quickly.

The only people making an issue of this are Avs fans that want a deal to be made to comment on their new toy. Everybody else understands this is a business and sometimes things like this happen.

I don't want a shiny new toy, I like PAP that's why I think it's garbage what they are doing to him. He deserves to be playing, there is no logical reason for him not to be playing. Fielding a lineup sans PAP, when he is healthy is plain stupid. There are about 5 guys that he deserves to be playing ahead of. There is no argument that can be made that we are a better team by benching PAP, whatever reason it may be.

Its just frustrating, we finally get healthy and Roy goes and benches PAP after bragging about finally being able to field a full healthy lineup. Something is just not making sense. Something is happening and for PAPs sake I hope it plays out quickly so he doesn't have to sit on the bench until after the olympic break.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
If the Avs are going to move Parenteau and/or McGinn, I'd like to see them figure out something with Washington. Alzner or Carlson would look nice on the Avs, and Washington needs a scoring wing like nobody's business. After Ovechkin, nobody on the wing is scoring.

Wonder if Washington would do a Carlson for McGinn/Wilson/high pick? The Avs get their 2nd pairing defenseman, Washington gets a serviceable NHL defenseman and a good wing who is still a RFA. We can substitute Alzner or Parenteau, if that makes things better for Washington. This might weaken Washington too much on the blue line though...

No they would not.
Typical Leafs type of trade. A decent asset (McGinn) that is nowhere near worth the same as the target (Carlson) gets bundled together with an expendable piece (Wilson) and a pick.

Does nothing for WSH.

I am really starting to believe that we will hate whatever we get in return for PAP. This situation screams Downie to me. Roy has soured on him for whatever reason and will just trade him for something he likes regardless of value.

I hope it is a defenseman atleast...

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I don't want a shiny new toy, I like PAP that's why I think it's garbage what they are doing to him. He deserves to be playing, there is no logical reason for him not to be playing. Fielding a lineup sans PAP, when he is healthy is plain stupid. There are about 5 guys that he deserves to be playing ahead of. There is no argument that can be made that we are a better team by benching PAP, whatever reason it may be.

Its just frustrating, we finally get healthy and Roy goes and benches PAP after bragging about finally being able to field a full healthy lineup. Something is just not making sense. Something is happening and for PAPs sake I hope it plays out quickly so he doesn't have to sit on the bench until after the olympic break.

An argument really can be made... the Avs are 9-1-1 without him in the lineup. With McGinn/MacKinnon taking his spot in the top 6, he isn't nearly as effective as a 3rd liner where he is either playing with MacKinnon where both of them are not good defensively, or his offensive talents are wasted with Mitchell and McGinn. He needs to be on one of the top 6 spots, but Roy doesn't want him there. He is a complimentary pure offensive player that cannot create on his own, those players are top 6 or bust.

You can't compare PAP to McLeod, Bordy, Cliche, Mitchell, etc because they play completely different roles on the team. Bordy is the 'enforcer' even if he doesn't fight that is his role. The others are staples on the PK, which PAP can't play. You can't have a team of one dimensional players because they are 'better' than your typical bottom 6 players (see Edmonton).

I don't agree with PAP not being in the lineup and not on the team going forward, but I do understand the logic behind it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad