Speculation: In search of trophies: Jack Adams, Calder, Lady Byng and Vezina

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
This is a nice article analyzing all the candidates with advanced stats that for once doesn't hate us. I'm not sure what all the metrics they used so if anyone can fill in that would be great.

http://www.pensburgh.com/2014/5/7/5690840/2013-14-nhl-awards-finalists-a-fancystats-breakdown

GVT = goals versus threshold. basically NHL's WAR, wins above replacement.

regular season GVT

OPS and DPS are offensive and defensive point shares. read more about here. list from this season at the end of the page.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Ok I think I've heard it all now. During a google search I randomly stumbled across an article written by that Jibblescribits guy in March, saying he wouldn't give the Jack Adams to Roy because the team's corsi isn't very good.

So Pejorative Slured. :facepalm:

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Ok I think I've heard it all now. During a google search I randomly stumbled across an article written by that Jibblescribits guy in March, saying he wouldn't give the Jack Adams to Roy because the team's corsi isn't very good.

I remember reading that when it was published. I was shaking my head a lot.

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
I dunno, maybe I'm over thinking it but I am starting to get a feeling Babcock is gonna steal it as a "lifetime achievement" sorta thing.

That would be absolutely stupid...

Roy turned around a team from 2nd worst in the NHL to division champs in the toughest division in the league. Not only that but he did it with a garbage defense full of AHL journeymen. If you want to give Babcock a special award... create one but he was not coach of the year this year, he was in the running and did a heck of a job...but Roy should win this.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course

yeah, he was worse than sacco and was just a product of unsustainable goaltending by varlamov, lucky OT wins etc.

confirmed by crash to the earth in playoffs.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
That would be absolutely stupid...

Roy turned around a team from 2nd worst in the NHL to division champs in the toughest division in the league. Not only that but he did it with a garbage defense full of AHL journeymen. If you want to give Babcock a special award... create one but he was not coach of the year this year, he was in the running and did a heck of a job...but Roy should win this.

It would be highway robbery if he didn't win, given where they finished last year, and where they finished this year.

Their play down the stretch, and winning the division ended any sort of debate IMO.

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
It would be highway robbery if he didn't win, given where they finished last year, and where they finished this year.

Their play down the stretch, and winning the division ended any sort of debate IMO.

Especially without Duchene our ppg player on that strecth.

Its Roy hands down.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Wasn't sure which thread to bump. Was just laughing to myself at Mackinnon scrambling all over the defensive zone last season and Guenin and Stastny pointing him where he was supposed to be. haha.

What a fun ride last season was. We are all very lucky to be able to watch a player like Mackinnon grow into an elite talent in this league.

Looking forward to watching his growth next season.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Wasn't sure which thread to bump. Was just laughing to myself at Mackinnon scrambling all over the defensive zone last season and Guenin and Stastny pointing him where he was supposed to be. haha.

What a fun ride last season was. We are all very lucky to be able to watch a player like Mackinnon grow into an elite talent in this league.

Looking forward to watching his growth next season.

I expect a Stamkos-like jump from him. Anything less than that would be a disappointment.

I'm only half kidding. :D

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
I expect a Stamkos-like jump from him. Anything less than that would be a disappointment.

I'm only half kidding. :D

Dude has serious talent and he was a point per game player in 2014 even tough he was still clumsy with the puck occasionally (I think this is one area where he really improves. I doubt his goal scoring doubles, but would not be surprised at all if he is push 90 points. A lot will depend on how quickly his line forms chemistry together without Staz.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Dude has serious talent and he was a point per game player in 2014 even tough he was still clumsy with the puck occasionally (I think this is one area where he really improves. I doubt his goal scoring doubles, but would not be surprised at all if he is push 90 points. A lot will depend on how quickly his line forms chemistry together without Staz.
Mack and Landy already have chemistry, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Lord Moriarty007

Lets go Avs & Bolts!
May 1, 2013
Denver, CO/Orlando,FL

Stannis! Stannis! Stannis!
tumblr_msygi16kwd1r9ptg7o3_400.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00