Post-Game Talk: In Red Wings Tradition the Away Team Wins Again

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
It's pretty sad that our goalie is one of our better breakout passers. His vision and puck poise is higher than half our d-men. Ugh.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
We were bad in the 1st but after that I thought we were the better of two unimpressive teams. Both goalies were bad, both teams had pretty bad PPs.. we got some good bounces in the 3rd.

Nice games by Tatar and Nyquist. Also though Jurco and Helm were strong all game long.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Did you not see Abdelkader crashing into Mrazek? What do you expect him to do?

He just sat there and failed to attempt to get back into position.

Mrazek did not have a very solid game in my opinion. His play as of late has been concerning, especially since he will probably keep up the same workload through the rest of the season.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Helm with two points and +3
Tatar with two points
Glendening causing chaos and working hard every second he's on the ice.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Nyquist - best game in a long freaking time. Almost looked great.
Helm - Games like these are why I think Holland should resign him.
Richards - I thought he had a solid game. Got rewarded for grit imo.

HM: Q continues to play really good freaking defense.

Feels good to win an outdoor game. I swear it looked like the Wings were out for morning skate in the first. But I thought we dominated the third despite short lived leads.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Congrats boys from an Avs fan. It wasn't pretty from either side but hockey is hockey.

One thing I will say: I have no idea how you guys are still sane with Kyle Quincey on your team. We couldn't stand him, and watching him today I couldn't stand him even more.

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
Larkin is a beast.
Mrazek is god.
Tatar sucks.
Nyquist sucks.
Richards sucks.
Helm sucks.

Oh wait, wrong PGT.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Congrats boys from an Avs fan. It wasn't pretty from either side but hockey is hockey.

One thing I will say: I have no idea how you guys are still sane with Kyle Quincey on your team. We couldn't stand him, and watching him today I couldn't stand him even more.

Actually Q has been very solid for us, As long as he's partnered with DeKeyser he's been looking very good out there. The last couple of seasons he's been one of our better D-Men.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI

Yeah. Unimpressive by both teams. Overall, I thought the Avs had a really good 1st while the Wings had a really good third. Both PPs were pure suckage.

Thanks for both games :nod: Still hate you guys, though. :sarcasm:

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Nyquist - best game in a long freaking time. Almost looked great.
Helm - Games like these are why I think Holland should resign him.
Richards - I thought he had a solid game. Got rewarded for grit imo.

HM: Q continues to play really good freaking defense.

Feels good to win an outdoor game. I swear it looked like the Wings were out for morning skate in the first. But I thought we dominated the third despite short lived leads.

I know 5 goals in an outdoor game, Maybe we should play outdoors more often maybe we might score more.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan

if you follow this board much, you will know most of us are not sane with this defense:laugh:

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Yeah. Unimpressive by both teams. Overall, I thought the Avs had a really good 1st while the Wings had a really good third. Both PPs were pure suckage.

Thanks for both games :nod: Still hate you guys, though. :sarcasm:

To be honest my hatred of the Red Wings ended when Peter Forsberg left to Philadelphia as a free agent. I consider Pavel Datsyuk one of my favourite players, have always had a soft spot for Niklas Kronwall and REALLY like Danny DeKeyser. The Alumni game was great to sort of put the rivalry to bed officially, but I hate Minnesota a lot more than I do Detroit.

if you follow this board much, you will know most of us are not sane with this defense:laugh:

That very well may be true. I just really, really don't think Kyle Quincey should be anywhere near a team's top-4 defence corps so I can't imagine you guys are too thrilled with having him out there so much.

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
So happy about this win (especially since the Avs sucked out a win the last time they played the Wings).

Huge two points also

Leronziia

kenorH
Jan 10, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
Mrazek has a ridiculous ability to make great offensive plays even after just getting scored on. His aggression and confidence is a huge asset.

Wasn't great overall today, though. Just that kind of game I suppose.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
Now on to Dallas Monday night and then back to back home series against Chicago. Going to be 3 tough games but gotta have faith in the boys. Let's Go Wings.

both dallas and chicago have been struggling a little bit. both have lost 2 in a row and 5-5 in their last 10. might be catching them at the right time

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
...That very well may be true. I just really, really don't think Kyle Quincey should be anywhere near a team's top-4 defence corps so I can't imagine you guys are too thrilled with having him out there so much.

Sadly the acceptance by management and Wings fans of Quincey shows how far the the standards have dropped over the last seasons. We have a gorilla who can slap at opponents sticks and sometimes is part of the puck not getting behind Mrazek. All our management cares about is crawling into the playoffs...Quincey is proof there is a serious lack of faith/creativity in hockeytown recently.

Anyways thanks DMG for stopping by. Avalanche and Denver held a high spirited party I think this was an excellent stadium weekend. Thanks again all the best to you guys!

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Sadly the acceptance by management and Wings fans of Quincey shows how far the the standards have dropped over the last seasons. We have a gorilla who can slap at opponents sticks and sometimes is part of the puck not getting behind Mrazek. All our management cares about is crawling into the playoffs...Quincey is proof there is a serious lack of faith/creativity in hockeytown recently.

Anyways thanks DMG for stopping by. Avalanche and Denver held a high spirited party I think this was an excellent stadium weekend. Thanks again all the best to you guys!

Lmao. Q was bad. He's improved immensely.

He's a defenseman that plays defensively. He's not supposed to wow you...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad