In Memoriam: Boston at Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
He has a lot of trouble with speed, but otherwise yeah he can still play.

Chara is definitely a gamer. He’s better than Hainsey and he’s got like 4 years on him as well. He skates faster than Hainsey lol.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Take a hint series tied 3-3 guys like you have no clue!!!

As I said, he has made some great saves and he's allowed some terrible goals. You are allowed to be objective in life. I will go out on a limb and guess you are one of those people who aims low in life and hits your target with astonishing frequency?

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
You said the penalties were pretty even so that means it was well officiated. If I need to explain to you what's wrong with that statement then... well I'm just not cause its not worth my time

You complaining about officiating gets more and more precious with every post. Keep at it.

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
I feel even as a Bruins fan, if leafs lose, they did hell of a job. They want to beat this Bruins team bad.

Think it's the same as 2013. If Bruins advance, they go to the finals. Leafs advance they lose fairly quick to lightening.

They have such terrible defense, but they've played with such heart.

Beating Boston is their Stanley cup this year.

Hope it doesn't happen, but they get down in game 7...it isn't happening like 2013.

Eh, while I get what you're saying, I wouldn't be so sure of that for a number of reasons:

1.Kadri is completely fresh and playing very well
2.Willie has been AWFUL and Mats has been very very meh this series
3.Andersen has been all over, but is finally starting to turn it around
4.The Hockey Gods have punished Babcock by sacrificing his only begotten son Leo "guddest pro" Komarov to the IR and thus he actually has to play our best lines

That said, I'm def not looking past the Bruins nor would it shock me if they somehow won the cup, but I do think that we would still pose a very real challenge for Tampa, especially with Vassilevsky not being great as of late. I guess the good thing for the Leafs is that taking a Stanley cup contender to 7 is a win and improvement over last.

Our d is very meh, but when you have a guy who nearly scored 40 goals on your 4th line and if Andersen is rolling Vezina style, we always have a chance.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
so Backes elbows Freddie and then gets into it with Polak but ref says 4 on 4 and bruins fans are crying about interference? :laugh:

Backes should be suspended for that blatant elbow on Freddie

#LOSER

Reactions: Lilou

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
so Backes elbows Freddie and then gets into it with Polak but ref says 4 on 4 and bruins fans are crying about interference? :laugh:

Backes should be suspended for that blatant elbow on Freddie

#LOSER
Dude. He was trying to get his stick on a tip, he didn’t try to kill him, haha.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Chara is definitely a gamer. He’s better than Hainsey and he’s got like 4 years on him as well. He skates faster than Hainsey lol.

Well in fairness to Hainsey, Chara was the best dman in the league for the better part of a decade after Lidstrom retired, so he has more ground to cover during his prolonged fall.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Say what you want about this Leafs team, but they sure are persistent. Down 3-1, and without their best two-way player for three games, yet they find ways to win and haven't shied away from engaging with the Bruins in terms of physicality.

This has shaped up to be the most entertaining series of the first round this year.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I feel even as a Bruins fan, if leafs lose, they did hell of a job. They want to beat this Bruins team bad.

Think it's the same as 2013. If Bruins advance, they go to the finals. Leafs advance they lose fairly quick to lightening.

They have such terrible defense, but they've played with such heart.

Beating Boston is their Stanley cup this year.

Hope it doesn't happen, but they get down in game 7...it isn't happening like 2013.

You serious? You think all they want is to beat Boston? let me assure you they want more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad