In Memoriam: Boston at Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

dig1

Mar 1, 2015
Eh, while I get what you're saying, I wouldn't be so sure of that for a number of reasons:

1.Kadri is completely fresh and playing very well
2.Willie has been AWFUL and Mats has been very very meh this series
3.Andersen has been all over, but is finally starting to turn it around
4.The Hockey Gods have punished Babcock by sacrificing his only begotten son Leo "guddest pro" Komarov to the IR and thus he actually has to play our best lines

That said, I'm def not looking past the Bruins nor would it shock me if they somehow won the cup, but I do think that we would still pose a very real challenge for Tampa, especially with Vassilevsky not being great as of late. I guess the good thing for the Leafs is that taking a Stanley cup contender to 7 is a win and improvement over last.

Our d is very meh, but when you have a guy who nearly scored 40 goals on your 4th line and if Andersen is rolling Vezina style, we always have a chance.
the D really impressed me in the 3rd. If one were to watch the game from Game 1 or 2 and then switch to watch this game, they wouldn't think it's the same D-men playing on the rink. It's completely different and awesome how Gardiner, Hainsey and Reily were defending.
There is a clear advantage for Leafs in terms of speed but they have not utilized it to its full potential. I am going to think Babcock is going to scheme something for game 7 to utilize their speed

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
tenor.gif

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
Ummm...... did you miss the rather blatant elbow to his head. (That didn't result in PP by the way )
I watched it in slowmo, Andersen comes to edge of crease, backes is outside crease and positions his stick quickly for the tip and that’s how Andersen was hit. There actually should have been a PP but a Boston one for Backes getting attacked

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
Sounds like what us Leafs fans were saying after Game 4. But I'd have to say the Leafs were clearly the better team in the 3rd period.
Yup. Pretty sure they tied up the shot clock while defending the lead. Bambis looked lost out there. Rattled that their headshots were being called.

Reactions: Kurtz

Embryo

LGR Check out my music.
Oct 7, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
www.youtube.com
I cannot wait until the Rangers beat all your asses next year. I'm not looking at any impressive or scary hockey teams in these Eastern Conference playoffs besides the Pens and Bolts.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
No, I want a 4-1 Leafs lead and a 4-1 Leafs win.
:laugh:

I dunno man, I hear ya but a 5-4 OT win after a blown lead would make gaskets explode.
I thought Leafs had this in 6 but I wasn't counting on the double blowout on Boston ice.
Still think they can seal this in 7, and if they do, I like their chances against Tampa Bay.

And TO? Be strong, you remain one of Canada's more important and vibrant cities, that will never change.

Reactions: glucker

Buckets and Gloves

klaatu barada nikto
Aug 14, 2011
Ah. So the rules only apply when there’s a scoring chance against Boston at stake?

Refs in TO let both teams get away with a lot. I know it’s jarring not to have it go only one way, but don’t worry, you’ll have your reinforcements back for game 7.

Is that what I said or you just like making shit up??

After first 2 games, even last game many Leaf fans crying about refs

I'm just saying bad calls go both ways... glad you've fired up the excuse train already and complaining about refs before actual game

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Can both sides agree, no delay of game penalties for pucks over glass in game 7? Lets just abolish that rule.
You can't get rid of it completely or it'll be abused so hard, but it's a prime candidate for a 1 minute penalty.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
I watched it in slowmo, Andersen comes to edge of crease, backes is outside crease and positions his stick quickly for the tip and that’s how Andersen was hit. There actually should have been a PP but a Boston one for Backes getting attacked

It looked accidental, but accidental elbows still get called. Meanwhile, Polak didn't throw a single punch - he just pushed Backes into the boards. Him getting a penalty on that was rather absurd.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto

Andersen was in the blue paint, can’t believe someone is trying to justify that elbow. Backes knew exactly what he was doing, he’s been causing shit all series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad