Impact Thread: Pride Of Canada... Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
I
Can't move Camacho or Cabrera, there wasn't much of a decision there. Diallo was supposed to be the starting CB with Fanni last season. The decision was Sagna or Fanni, they most likely picked the less expensive one.

I'd say they chose the one they needed more... I mean Duvall and Petrasso wtf

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I'd rather we stick to the decision (Sagna over Fanni) and if there's enough money to contemplate signing Fanni, then I'd rather use it on a starting mid.
Sagna was the obvious choice, I was more thinking along the lines of ''hypothetically it would have been fun to have both''. Too much money invested into Camacho and Diallo to make any other decision so it's a moot point I guess.

Reactions: Skip Bayless

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Sagna was the obvious choice, I was more thinking along the lines of ''hypothetically it would have been fun to have both''. Too much money invested into Camacho and Diallo to make any other decision so it's a moot point I guess.
I agree with that. And I guess Sagna would be the obvious choice if you think Diallo can definitely replace Fanni, which I think Garde does.

For me, as a fan, it's not necessarily obvious, but evaluation is what they're paid for, so we'll see.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Nani will sign for Orlando
Montero to Vancouver (official) and remember he holds a Green Card and his wife is Canadian so he can apply for citizenship anytime

Sporting CP losing 2 players.

Oduro signed with Charlotte in USL.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Wouldn't mind keeping old man Fanni around if he was open to playing less and sharing the minutes with Camacho and Diallo. How much money could he possibly want ? He might not be worth the int spot complications I guess.

He should train with the team IMO. You never know when one of Camacho or Diallo goes down for a very long time. He won't get signed in Europe till July anytime.

Camacho's salary really causes problems, even VD told me he doesn't know how the team could get rid of him because he was signed for 4 years. The day a team will be interested will be the biggest blessing.

Guess Vassili Cremanzidis' 2 DP per club prediction just went down the drain..

Personally, I just saw it as an excuse to not over spend and have an economic payroll. If 80% of the teams by next year have 3 DPs, I don't see how the league could think of removing 1 DP spot per team even if it meant raising TAM.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Vancouver will be a fun team to watch this year with Montero and that young DP Striker from Serie A in Ardaiz (only 20 yo) to Reyna as #10, In Beom and Felipe as CMs, Venuto and Bangarra as Wingers both whom look good on paper. Only the defensive line is kinda shaky, but Nerwinski always looked solid, they got a young CB from Argentina, Henry and more. Then you have MacMath an experience gk.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Gameday!

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->