Impact Thread - Make Amarikwa Great Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Both should be eating minutes in USL, playing in a league where everything is too fast doesn't help the player grow.

Huh.. the hell.. yes it does. Using that logic, it would take years for every young player to play first team minutes. Krolicki isnt going anywhere because of Azira. Just creates depth.

Shame for Shome. After that first game where he showed a few flashes it's like he stepped off a cliff... Both he and Krolicki need seasoning

But Mancosu needs to follow Donadel back to the motherland

they are rookies. They will be fine. You cant expect a KDB out of 2 guys straight out of college/high scool. Clint Dempsey didnt become a star straight out of college. Give the both of them minutes and watch them grow.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
All i gotta say about that game is that Rimando at 40 is still a beast.
Silva needs to remind himself that he gotta pass the ball and he isnt playing with Mancosu anymore
Raitala was dominant and not only because of his goal
Camacho and Cabrera were a bit shaky
Taider meh
Krolicki seems to be playing better at home than away

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Huh.. the hell.. yes it does. Using that logic, it would take years for every young player to play first team minutes. Krolicki isnt going anywhere because of Azira. Just creates depth.

When a player is constantly overmatched it's a nuisance for both him and the team he plays for. Our lack of a proper structure bridging the gap towards MLS is at fault here. It's easy to call bodies depth when you've got nowhere to put them. Krolicki would have rotten on the bench this year had we had a competent mid besider Taider and Piette.

Reactions: ArtPeur

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
When a player is constantly overmatched it's a nuisance for both him and the team he plays for. Our lack of a proper structure bridging the gap towards MLS is at fault here. It's easy to call bodies depth when you've got nowhere to put them. Krolicki would have rotten on the bench this year had we had a competent mid besider Taider and Piette.

Krolicki constantly overmatched?? Aside from tonight he hasnt a bad game in a while. And he was more subpar than horrid. His performance in the first leg vs Vancouver was one of the best this year. He isnt going to play good games week in and out. What I would like to see him improve on is taking more shoots on goal and not be overly generous with the ball. He can be our Paul Scholes. Just wait and see.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I think he should replace both. Piette needs to rest, but Krolicki needs to play less as well. Let's not forget he's a rookie. One game have Azira replace Krolicki, the other Piette, etc.
Id let Taider rest before Piette. Azira-Krolicki-Piette in a 3 man mid would be intriguing to watch

Hes right, I cant stand hearing oh they play in altitude. Like wat? go play in Peru and come back, talking about Salt Lake altitude

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Krolicki constantly overmatched?? Aside from tonight he hasnt a bad game in a while. And he was more subpar than horrid. His performance in the first leg vs Vancouver was one of the best this year. He isnt going to play good games week in and out. What I would like to see him improve on is taking more shoots on goal and not be overly generous with the ball. He can be our Paul Scholes. Just wait and see.

What he should be "trying" to do is take space when he has it instead of panicking and making a stupid pass putting his D in trouble. Maybe learn to pressure his guy when the team is pressing instead of running like a headless chicken when it's too late. Or maybe learn how to spring his forwards up once in a while, you know...the basics of his position. His style of play is panic mode, he's overmatched.

You know what would help? Playing in a league where he can practice all of that because of the slower pace of execution, instead of being a dummy on the pitch for a whole season and learning absolutely f***ing nothing.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
What he should be "trying" to do is take space when he has it instead of panicking and making a stupid pass putting his D in trouble. Maybe learn to pressure his guy when the team is pressing instead of running like a headless chicken when it's too late. Or maybe learn how to spring his forwards up once in a while, you know...the basics of his position. His style of play is panic mode, he's overmatched.

You know what would help? Playing in a league where he can practice all of that because of the slower pace of execution, instead of being a dummy on the pitch for a whole season and learning absolutely ****ing nothing.

This is just lack of mental strenght and a good way to overcome it is to play more and more, get yourself used to every type of scenarios. Very common obviously amongst youngsters.

I mean he is MLS caliber, he would just waste his time in lower leagues because sooner or later he would need to comeback. Might as well, play now at the highest possible level and learn game by game. And lets not act like he is costing this team games, he plays the way his team plays. If the team is good he will be good, if the team sucks he ll suck etc. He is not Mancosu or Ciman that will cost 3 points for the team every once in a while. But if it does happen? Yes, ship him to USL , but I know it wont happen. Garde wouldnt be praising him weekly if he sucked or wasnt ready.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
This is just lack of mental strenght and a good way to overcome it is to play more and more, get yourself used to every type of scenarios. Very common obviously amongst youngsters.

I mean he is MLS caliber, he would just waste his time in lower leagues because sooner or later he would need to comeback. Might as well, play now at the highest possible level and learn game by game. And lets not act like he is costing this team games, he plays the way his team plays. If the team is good he will be good, if the team sucks he ll suck etc. He is not Mancosu or Ciman that will cost 3 points for the team every once in a while. But if it does happen? Yes, ship him to USL , but I know it wont happen. Garde wouldnt be praising him weekly if he sucked or wasnt ready.
He doesn't cost the team points directly because he does jack shit with the ball and his teammates carry him. The only praise he got from Garde was literally that he runs a lot, and that was about 3 months ago. Considering the fact that we have miserable depth at that position, the coach is gonna manage his confidence, but in no way it makes him indispensable to the team. He's there by default, and Azira will most likely take over his minutes for the rest of the season and the upcoming season. Next year, given we acquire a starting mid, Krolicki will be what Shome was this year because we have nowhere to make him play at his proper level. It is what it is.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
He doesn't cost the team points directly because he does jack **** with the ball and his teammates carry him. The only praise he got from Garde was literally that he runs a lot, and that was about 3 months ago. Considering the fact that we have miserable depth at that position, the coach is gonna manage his confidence, but in no way it makes him indispensable to the team. He's there by default, and Azira will most likely take over his minutes for the rest of the season and the upcoming season. Next year, given we acquire a starting mid, Krolicki will be what Shome was this year because we have nowhere to make him play at his proper level. It is what it is.
Garde said recently that he is a very very important member of the squad. Garde wouldnt be spending countless hours in training guiding KK if he wasn't worthy.
Only one who was there by default was Mancosu, not Krolicki. If he were there by default and not to Gardes liking, Im pretty sure Garde would have tried a 442 diamond like he did at Lyon or some other tactics to AVOID using Krolicki or send him somewhere else.

Now if he were that much of a problem, he wouldnt be playing every games and we wouldnt be now 6th. depth or no depth he managed to drastically improve and he will only get better. Azira is 30 yo and a different type of player playing in different positions. It ll only push him to get better due to competetion. He has what we call 'grinta'

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
well for one I hope the silly doubts around Amarikwa due to his goal scoring records can be put to rest.

I don't think you understand JP. We can be happy to see a better CF than Mancosu on the turf and be worried about Amarikwa's lack of finish. It's not black and white (no pun intended). The critics on him are justified. So far so good, but a dozen interesting minutes won't erase a two-year goalless stretch.

As for Krolicki, the USL would have been a good environment to start his Professional career. Many players who compete in that league are good enough to play in the MLS but either belong to strong MLS squads or are there to improve. I don't think for a second that he would have wasted away out there, just like TMG, Kinumbe and Crépeau currently benefit from the minutes and the smaller step between the amateur level and pros that the league provides.

Aaron Long probably was good enough to play with the Red Bulls' first team before he even got his first minutes, but they kept him down in the USL so he would develop properly. Now he's an MLS allstar and could soon be transferred in Europe...

Last edited:

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I don't think you understand JP. We can be happy to see a better CF than Mancosu on the turf and be worried about Amarikwa's lack of finish. It's not black and white (no pun intended).

Its pointless to worry about that atm. We are like a poor country with no big ressources so we have to deal with what we have even if its not great. Amarikwa is miles better than number 21 and its what counts. That header that skewed the crossbar or the lob were things i didnt see in a very long time from a CF. All of that in a matter of 20 minutes, if someone who dont know impact watched that game he ll see that Amarikwa posed a threat to RSL defense and is a real number 9.

Personally, like I said since the day he came here , he will surprise a lot and his lack of finishing wont be a problem AT ALL mainly because he knows how to create space for his teammates and compensate with his workrate and skills on the ball. The modern CF isnt just about scoring goals.

As for Krolicki, the USL would have been a good environment to start his Professional career. Many players who compete in that league are good enough to play in the MLS but either belong to strong MLS squads or are there to improve. I don't think for a second that he would have wasted away out there, just like TMG, Kinumbe and Crépeau currently benefit from the minutes and the smaller step between the amateur level and pros that the league provides.

Aaron Long probably was good enough to play with the Red Bulls' first team before he even got his first minutes, but they kept him down in the USL so he would develop properly. Now he's an MLS allstar and could soon be transferred in Europe...

No, now he would waste his time in USL. He showed he could play in MLS already. If he can get significant minutes in MLS, there is no need to put him in USL. At the beginning of this season wouldve been different. As for the guys youve mentioned, they never showed anything at MLS level bc they didnt get the chance Krolicki had.

Im pretty sure Aaron Long wasnt drafted by NYRB. He came out of nowhere and I know he is 25-26 yeard old and they seem to favor their Academy kids. He probably was a journeyman prior joining NYRB so I doubt he was good enough but yes USL can benefit guys like him.You also have guys like Meram who never needed USL to improve their game and had a below average freshman year. Just got better with time.

Long story short, the higher level you are capable of playing the better you will get.

Last edited:

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
No, now he would waste his time in USL. He showed he could play in MLS already. If he can get significant minutes in MLS, there is no need to put him in USL. At the beginning of this season wouldve been different. As for the guys youve mentioned, they never showed anything at MLS level bc they didnt get the chance Krolicki had.

Im pretty sure Aaron Long wasnt drafted by NYRB. He came out of nowhere and I know he is 25-26 yeard old and they seem to favor their Academy kids. He probably was a journeyman prior joining NYRB so I doubt he was good enough but yes USL can benefit guys like him.You also have guys like Meram who never needed USL to improve their game and had a below average freshman year. Just got better with time.

Long story short, the higher level you are capable of playing the better you will get.

Long was drafted by Portland, played two seasons in USL (one in Seattle, one for RB II), then graduated.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
well for one I hope the silly doubts around Amarikwa due to his goal scoring records can be put to rest.

Starters:
  • Bush
  • Sagna-Fanni-Camacho-Lovitz (or Raitala)
  • Azira-Piette-Taider
  • Silva-Piatti
  • Amerikwa

Subs (good depth):
  • Diop
  • Diallo
  • Fisher
  • Raitala or Lovitz
  • Krolicki
  • Jackson-Hamel
  • Vargas

Taxi squad (dump two *international ones as soon as possible):
  • Pantemis
  • *Cabrera
  • Duvall
  • *Mancosu

Should be on controlled USL farm team
  • J. Beaulieu
  • Petrasso
  • Beland-Goyette
  • Shome
  • M. Choiniere
  • D. Choiniere
  • Bahiya
  • Salazar
  • dePuy

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
I just re-watched yesterday’s game and my disgust for Braz to not get a top level striker nor an offensive midfielder came back again. We have a great team, but with 2 visible anchors who make Piatti, Silva and Taïder work twice as much for offensive chances than they would normally need too.

I like what Amarikwa and Azira did yesterday, but how in the f*** could we leave that transfer window without any top talent knowing those 2 Positions were what separated us from good, to championship potential caliber???

You could feel Fred Lord holding back on what he truly thought of Mancosu and Krolicki. It was so brutal, it almost looked like voluntary sabotage. Matteo Mancosu is an embarrassment to this league and we’re paying him 700K$!!!

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I just re-watched yesterday’s game and my disgust for Braz to not get a top level striker nor an offensive midfielder came back again. We have a great team, but with 2 visible anchors who make Piatti, Silva and Taïder work twice as much for offensive chances than they would normally need too.

I like what Amarikwa and Azira did yesterday, but how in the **** could we leave that transfer window without any top talent knowing those 2 Positions were what separated us from good, to championship potential caliber???

You could feel Fred Lord holding back on what he truly thought of Mancosu and Krolicki. It was so brutal, it almost looked like voluntary sabotage. Matteo Mancosu is an embarrassment to this league and we’re paying him 700K$!!!

As frustrating as Mancosu is, we know the end is coming for him. His contract expires after this season and there is absolutely zero chance they bring him back. So we have another 9 matches + any potential playoff games left with him. With Amarikwa making a good first impression, chances are we won't see Mancosu all that much anymore. And even if Amarikwa ends up not fairing any better when given more minutes, then his contract is up after this year, too.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006

I like what Amarikwa and Azira did yesterday, but how in the **** could we leave that transfer window without any top talent knowing those 2 Positions were what separated us from good, to championship potential caliber???

I like what Amarikwa and Azira did yesterday too. Hopefully they get a chance to start and then we'll see the true picture. I do suspect they are upgrades on what we had on the field.

Braz is a smart guy, and yes he should be accountable, but he needs a stronger recruiting department. A USL development team too.

De Santis is an amateur and was likely the main reason the Briand transfer failed at the last minute. If he had smoked things out properly, but still couldn't close the deal, we nevertheless could have moved on much earlier.

Nothing to add on Mancosu. He's gone at the latest by the end of this year.

As for Krolicki, he is not brutal. He is a solid rookie who should be and is getting better. Now with Azira in the fold, he can be spelled from time to time and learn from the other guys on the team, as well as the coaching staff.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
He's saying the same thing as Bergevin about the playoffs. Wtf is wrong with our teams?

I don't think it's the same though, for Molson and Bergevin it seems more of an organizational philosophy, but with Saputo it's more about this year's expectations.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
He says we gotta have more support from the "fans", from this and that, we'll do everything to follow the parade ect.

I don't think they've realized they almost completely failed their entry into MLS and are paying for it.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
I don't think it's the same though, for Molson and Bergevin it seems more of an organizational philosophy, but with Saputo it's more about this year's expectations.

Yeah I don`t think with Joey you can criticize his ambition for good results. He wants the team to win, and ASAP at that. His wallet unfortunately doesn't follow his words. Good news is that Garde is credible enough to force Saputo to change how things are done in the team. Braz and NDS couldn't challenge Joey as they have a career in Pro sports management mostly because of him. Garde was brought in to shake things up and build a proper team structure. Saputo can't complain when Rémi does what he's paid for.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
TFC loses again

Jim-Carey-Laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad