GDT: Imma Sing It

Status
Not open for further replies.

hidek91

Jan 13, 2014
Warsaw, PL
who really cares if we burn a year? we own these guys for many years before they hit UFA, and letting a guy play (who clearly is not out of place in the lineup) can have a lasting positive effect on the player/management dynamic down the road.

holding him out to not burn a year is pretty stupid IMO. foote wants to play here, the playoffs have been out of reach for months, and he looks damn-near nhl ready.

Well, I care because I support this team and plan to continue in the future.

The problem with burning a year is, assuming that Foote becomes a NHL player, you lose one year of super cheap ELC contract (which may or may not matter depending on our contending) and 1 year of team control (which will certainly matter if Foote becomes a good player).

This is good asset management. Foote was playing 9,5 minutes per game so far so it's not like he's losing a lot in terms of development.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
No result over the last nine games is either getting anyone fired or saving their job, these are glorified exhibitions at this point - five games with another non-playoff team and four games with teams that’ll all but have clinched by next week. It’s definitely for morale (not wanting the longest losing streak in franchise history) and because we only have nine games left anyway.

I wouldn't be sure but I don't know what ownership is thinking. They might be fine with a hypothetical 18 game losing streak but the reality might be too much to bear and a house cleaning could be in order. Not to mention there's always support staff positions (e.g. Nas and Recchi) to consider and how much turnover will happen there.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
The fact that they put Blackwood in yesterday after he was injured last weekend and he’s already confirmed about a month ago that he was dealing with something and then the bullshit last year playing him right off a concussion and now this today? Is it really necessary to play the guy two days in a row? Why? So we don’t get embarrassed with one of the AHL goalies we have on our roster yet again?

Dell should never play here or in the NHL again, but I’d give Wedgewood some games again. This is a throwaway season. A goalie fresh off injury shouldn’t be playing two days in a row. I don’t think a goalie should be playing two days in a row under any circumstances with where we are on the season.

You point is correct. WHY? A "win" after 9 straight loses for confidence? Really, does it matter. Is someone's job in jeopardy?

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
zero leads the last 8 games

comical
fxgx.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad