GDT: Imma Sing It

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Why waste it? You can easily throw him into the last four games of the season and not burn a year. What if we use all of his games up, and scratch him the rest of the year? How is that different? If anything it's better to wait as a precaution if there are injuries down the stretch.
I agree with you , I just am not sure why they don’t give him games now instead of the last 4or5.

Reactions: mdj12784

MauDevils

Jan 11, 2009
New Jersey
is Philly playing to lose too? probably right.
this game is like that South Park episode where neither team wants to win the game!

giphy.gif

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The fact that they put Blackwood in yesterday after he was injured last weekend and he’s already confirmed about a month ago that he was dealing with something and then the bullshit last year playing him right off a concussion and now this today? Is it really necessary to play the guy two days in a row? Why? So we don’t get embarrassed with one of the AHL goalies we have on our roster yet again?

Dell should never play here or in the NHL again, but I’d give Wedgewood some games again. This is a throwaway season. A goalie fresh off injury shouldn’t be playing two days in a row. I don’t think a goalie should be playing two days in a row under any circumstances with where we are on the season.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
The fact that they put Blackwood in yesterday after he was injured last weekend and he’s already confirmed about a month ago that he was dealing with something and then the bullshit last year playing him right off a concussion and now this today? Is it really necessary to play the guy two days in a row? Why? So we don’t get embarrassed with one of the AHL goalies we have on our roster yet again?

Dell should never play here or in the NHL again, but I’d give Wedgewood some games again. This is a throwaway season. A goalie fresh off injury shouldn’t be playing two days in a row. I don’t think a goalie should be playing two days in a row under any circumstances with where we are on the season.
this season cant end soon enough for me, it's gonna be another long off season for Devils fans and plenty of time for Fitz to figure out how to improve this team, I hope he has his guns loaded.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Why waste it? You can easily throw him into the last four games of the season and not burn a year. What if we use all of his games up, and scratch him the rest of the year? How is that different? If anything it's better to wait as a precaution if there are injuries down the stretch.

who really cares if we burn a year? we own these guys for many years before they hit UFA, and letting a guy play (who clearly is not out of place in the lineup) can have a lasting positive effect on the player/management dynamic down the road.

holding him out to not burn a year is pretty stupid IMO. foote wants to play here, the playoffs have been out of reach for months, and he looks damn-near nhl ready.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012

Ehh these kids need to get something for their effort and Wedge won't give it to them. If he's healthy enough to be back up, he's healthy enough to play. I get what you are saying, but I'm hoping he knows his body and wouldn't put it on the line in meaningless games if it wasn't ready.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
who really cares if we burn a year? we own these guys for many years before they hit UFA, and letting a guy play (who clearly is not out of place in the lineup) can have a lasting positive effect on the player/management dynamic down the road.

holding him out to not burn a year is pretty stupid IMO. foote wants to play here, the playoffs have been out of reach for months, and he looks damn-near nhl ready.
If he joined the team months ago, I'd be with you, but we are talking about a few games for the price of a year. A lot of guys (hopefully) will have to start getting paid in a couple years, the more they can be staggered the better.

GeNeXt

Jul 5, 2012

Because having Foote as a 22/23 year old (more developed) and still on the final year of an ELC will be beneficial when ready to contend. Playing him beyond that 6 game threshold is useless in a wasted season.

EDIT: I will add that it would be nice for him to be getting games with Binghamton, but not all is possible in this weird season.

Last edited:
Reactions: hidek91

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007

Ruff must really think they need a win for morale reasons, or possibly to save everyone's job. That's my only guess.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Ehh these kids need to get something for their effort and Wedge won't give it to them. If he's healthy enough to be back up, he's healthy enough to play. I get what you are saying, but I'm hoping he knows his body and wouldn't put it on the line in meaningless games if it wasn't ready.

A worn out hurt Blackwood might not give them much either.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Ruff must really think they need a win for morale reasons, or possibly to save everyone's job. That's my only guess.

No result over the last nine games is either getting anyone fired or saving their job, these are glorified exhibitions at this point - five games with another non-playoff team and four games with teams that’ll all but have clinched by next week. It’s definitely for morale (not wanting the longest losing streak in franchise history) and because we only have nine games left anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig