NBA Ime Udoka facing lengthy suspension for consensual affair with a staff member

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Didn't Jackson/Buss also inform HR of the relationship? I thought I recalled that being something from one of those Laker documentaries

And as pointed out power dynamics and situation are not same
everyone in the lakers organization was well aware of phil and jeanie's relationship from the beginning. they actually talk about it in the last episode of the "legacy" doc on hulu. west, kupchak, and others in the FO weren't happy about it

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Key paragraph in the Athletic's article

1663920966295.png

• Wow
Reactions: Tryamw

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia
This could very well sink his career.

I am a little surprised the Celtics threw the hammer down on this one. He did obviously violate their code of conduct but one would think they wouldn't go too hard on the head coach.
Well if the line about unwanted comments is true then he's lucky to only be suspended and not shown the door, if only to protect the organization from a potential lawsuit.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
i'm pretty shocked stevens didn't make himself the interim HC
kinda hard after last season, tbth, when Danny left for Utah, hence the reason Will Hardy is there instead of remaining here..... who would essentially run the organization, and remember, it's not just Boston, it's the link to Portland as well where Coach Mazzulla was in 2015/16, and why the Red Claws were rebranded and brought totally under the Celtics banner instead of the hybrid agrrement

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
One of the relationships was with someone below him on the pecking order right?

I'd be willing to bet "consensual" refers to the fact she "agreed" to sex but there was some scummy ass power dynamic/coercing in play.

If Matt Barnes is willing to retract a statement about you, you f***ed up. Bigly.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Scumbag for not only cheating but doing it with someone he manages over

Also he is lucky he wont be fired for this. Most companies would fire a manager for this type of conduct with someone they manage (I have seen it happen)
He'd be better off getting fired, would probably get picked up as a head coach somewhere else and rack up double income for the year

Unless coach salaries aren't guaranteed in the NBA like they are in the NHL, or if breaching the code of conduct allowed for termination

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
There's more to this story, we just don't know what yet. It will come out eventually.

it's weird how cryptic and vague everyone is on the situation but it's pretty easy to read between the lines.

there was a sexual relationship that was consenual at one point, and it stopped. but he continued to harrass and come on to the woman is what it sounds like.

clearly didn't rape or sexually abuse her as he obv. would be fired and in a lot more trouble.

Sep 19, 2008
Patriots - Belichick caught cheating twice
Red Sox - Cora caught cheating twice
Celtics - Udoka caught cheating on his wife

only clean coach is Jim Montgomery :sarcasm:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

This is like an Entertainment Tonight dude, I assume this is real. These are the kinds of stories they scoop the sports insiders on because they don't want to report on it.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California

This is like an Entertainment Tonight dude, I assume this is real. These are the kinds of stories they scoop the sports insiders on because they don't want to report on it.

I’m just here imagining the words that were being said in that conversation.

And Kevin Frazier used to be in the sports world.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad