NBA Ime Udoka facing lengthy suspension for consensual affair with a staff member

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I guess we have to wait to find out what happened before anyone knows what to think.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Apparently he was caught peeing into one of the sinks

Last edited:

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I assume Brad Stevens would come down from his front office post to coach for the season?

Also GG idiot. Boston was in prime position to contend again and you just threw a huge wrench into that.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Scumbag for not only cheating but doing it with someone he manages over

Also he is lucky he wont be fired for this. Most companies would fire a manager for this type of conduct with someone they manage (I have seen it happen)

Last edited:

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
I’m sorry, I missed the part where Phil Jackson was a married man and cheating on his wife with Jeanie.

The affair part is inconsequential. But since you want to go there, Udoka is not married to Nia Long and actually Phil Jackson was still married when he and Buss started their relationship.

Both had a sexual relationship with a team employee while coaching the team. Jeanie Buss was the Laker's Executive VP when her and Jackson got together.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
The affair part is inconsequential. But since you want to go there, Udoka is not married to Nia Long and actually Phil Jackson was still married when he and Buss started their relationship.

Both had a sexual relationship with a team employee while coaching the team. Jeanie Buss was the Laker's Executive VP when her and Jackson got together.

Married or not, there’s still cheating involved. Thus, making it a scandal. There was no scandal with Jackson dating Buss. The divorce was in the process by the time they started dating. Stop playing whataboutism.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013

udoka and long are engaged, unlike phil jackson or jeanie buss when they began dating

is it a NBA rule that team employees can't date each other?

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Besides the blatant whataboutism, Buss would be Jacksons boss in this case & maybe the Lakers didn't have a policy regarding employees being together. Boston does.

That was also over 20 years ago (when it started) vs these days where this stuff is looked down upon more given all the Weinstein stuff (& everything after it)

udoka and long are engaged, unlike phil jackson or jeanie buss when they began dating

is it a NBA rule that team employees can't date each other?

Looks like its an in house thing for Boston. Goes against their code of conduct.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad