OT: I'm having a boy!

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
Since I'm not allowed to post on facebook that I am going to be having a son this December, I'll post here! I'm sure people don't really care but I need to tell somebody, hehe... something about telling family first, blah blah blah!

Now we begin arguing over baby names! I'm pushing for Sheamus, Shea for short, and not getting a lot of co-operation. Yet. Anyway!

Feels good, man!

Awesome news, congrats man!!!

some advice.....get all the sleep you can now cause it will soon be a distant memory, and no matter what dont panic....it gets easier

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
That's hilarious SJP, cause I thought of that after I posted it, especially having a same sex marriage with a child in my very own family.

Edited for posterity, but I can’t hide the shame(us) as you have quoted it.

I was being completely facetious, but good on you for being a man.

You're OK in my books, Tusk.

HabsSlappy

Jul 30, 2005
Ontario
Congratulations!
We are having our first in February...another month or two before we figure out if it's a boy or girl. Pretty excited.

Price My Man Crush

Aug 27, 2011
Montréal
Jeremy is the best name ever. Choose this one. :D

Congratulations! That's an awesome news.
And congratulations to all the other people who are having kids too!

29dryden29

Jul 4, 2010
London Ont
Since I'm not allowed to post on facebook that I am going to be having a son this December, I'll post here! I'm sure people don't really care but I need to tell somebody, hehe... something about telling family first, blah blah blah!

Now we begin arguing over baby names! I'm pushing for Sheamus, Shea for short, and not getting a lot of co-operation. Yet. Anyway!

Feels good, man!

Spencer gets my vote for a name :yo: Is this your first? Enjoy every minute of it they grow up way too fast. My oldest is off to University in a year.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Congratulations, your life will never be the same.

I'm still trying to figure out if that's a good thing or not. ;)

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
So Habs14 is on the way? Good for you.

I expect his middle name to be LafleursGuy though.

I dub thee: Habs14 LafleursGuy (whatever your last name is here)

Has a nice ring to it.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Thanks everybody! Lots of questions to answer, so here goes... I was born in London, England to an Irish father and an English Mum. I really like the Seamus spelling but his Mother wants to call him Shea, which is probably how the odd spelling came about, hehe. Makes me think of Shea Weber, so that works for me.

And this is my first child! I'll be 35 years old before he is born, so its sort of now or never. I experienced feelings I never knew existed today. A mixture of pride, anxiety, fear and joy all at once! haha.

Appreciate all the kind words! I really do... oh and I thought about Saku as a name but there's no way she'd go for that one!

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Ohh forgot to mention, my five year old nephew is insisting that we call the baby... THE ROCK!!

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Congratulations!
We are having our first in February...another month or two before we figure out if it's a boy or girl. Pretty excited.

congrats.

2nd one is coming mid-september here.

So of the five babies mentioned in this thread, three are due in September and one in February.

Move the clock back nine months and that means three lockout babies, and one post-playoff baby.

Well-planned parenthood.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
So of the five babies mentioned in this thread, three are due in September and one in February.

Move the clock back nine months and that means three lockout babies, and one post-playoff baby.

Well-planned parenthood.

I blame Gary Bettman!!

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC

No, seriously, don't. Good for you though! I have to admit, I hate Gaelic names though. They always seem so forced in western civilization, plus I find they're just ugly-sounding names in general, but to each his own!

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Sheamus? Do it. Please, please do it. :laugh:

tumblr_mf8mycFfhy1rk4g1zo3_400.gif

Congrats though!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad