OT: I'm having a boy!

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Since I'm not allowed to post on facebook that I am going to be having a son this December, I'll post here! I'm sure people don't really care but I need to tell somebody, hehe... something about telling family first, blah blah blah!

Now we begin arguing over baby names! I'm pushing for Sheamus, Shea for short, and not getting a lot of co-operation. Yet. Anyway!

Feels good, man!

Carey Chant

Jul 13, 2007
Toronto

sheamus_bio.png

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
Since I'm not allowed to post on facebook that I am going to be having a son this December, I'll post here! I'm sure people don't really care but I need to tell somebody, hehe... something about telling family first, blah blah blah!

Now we begin arguing over baby names! I'm pushing for Sheamus, Shea for short, and not getting a lot of co-operation. Yet. Anyway!

Feels good, man!

Saku?

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Congrats Habs13, glad you're so excited, unlike my own father. But that's another story for a therapists couch. :laugh:

I love that name myself, are you of Irish descent? I prefer the Gaelic spelling of Seamus. It's just old and full of history, kind of kills your Shea nic name though. Regardless, congrats to you and your partner.

Last edited:

NHLcrazy

Feb 28, 2002
Montreal

Feels good, man!

Congrats!

I'm waiting for my little girl (1st kid) who should arrive mid-September... Can't wait

Best thing in the world

Last edited:

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
Congrats Habs13, glad you're so excited, unlike my own father. But that's another story for a therapists couch. :laugh:

I love that name myself, are you of Irish descent? I prefer the Gaelic spelling of Seamus. It's just old and full of history, kind of kills your Shea nic name though. Regardless, congrats to you and your woman.

Pff, typical misogynist assumes that the mother of his child is a woman...

GAYS ARE PEOPLE TOO

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Pff, typical misogynist assumes that the mother of his child is a woman...

GAYS ARE PEOPLE TOO

That's hilarious SJP, cause I thought of that after I posted it, especially having a same sex marriage with a child in my very own family.

Edited for posterity, but I can’t hide the shame(us) as you have quoted it.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
Check the name spelling closely, "Sheamus" is usually spelled Seamus even though Seamus is pronounced Shay-mus. It is Celtic origin and Gaelic for James.

The last thing you want to do is saddle your kid with a name that is not the regular way to spell it. A friend's kid was misnamed Shawn instead of Sean by his mother and he absolutely hates it.

CaptainBenn

Sep 8, 2012
I love the wrestler but I dont think it would be cute on a kid... Id be afraid he get called shemale and stuff like that by other kids in school

Last edited:

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

Feels good, man!

I'm having something myself due Sept 4th, 3 ultrasounds and docs could not get an idea of a gender. Been struggling to come up with a boy name. Though around the top of my list is Kirk >.>

Congrats!

I'm waiting for my little girl (1st kid) who should arrive mid-September... Can't wait

Best thing in the world

Congratulations to all of you! We'll miss you guys when you disappear from the board for the next few years.

And good luck turning them into hockey fans. My high-school age sons aren't that interested yet, but, much to my surprise, I have converted my wife.

Habcentric

Jan 24, 2013
Congrats on the new addition to the family. My greatest gift ever has been my two children ( boy and girl ). If you want to make hockey that much better, watch the games with them. Nothing like a plate of nachos, chips, and beer while sitting with the kids during a game.

Sthabs

Apr 7, 2006
Congrats, I dont know if it s your first one,
But it really does change a life ! and you at the same time

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad