Post-Game Talk: I'm-Glad-I-Fell-Asleep-Because-We-Lost-So-I-Made-the-Post-Game-Thread-The-Next-Day

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Marchenko out next game, per HSJ... I'm not happy.

I know Smith has been playing a little better but no way he should stay in over Marchy. It still baffles why they don't have the balls to scratch Ericsson. Like how do we see that a player sucks from our coaches but coaches can't?

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I know Smith has been playing a little better but no way he should stay in over Marchy. It still baffles why they don't have the balls to scratch Ericsson. Like how do we see that a player sucks from our coaches but coaches can't?

Because Ericsson is tall

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Ericsson struggles with top pair minutes next to Kronwall. He looked pretty different paired with DeKeyser.

Smith struggles with sheltered bottom pair minutes.

Those two situations aren't really equivalent.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Ericsson struggles with top pair minutes next to Kronwall. He looked pretty different paired with DeKeyser.

True. But we still have 4 better dmen then Ericsson. And right now he getting top pairing minute again for some reason.

Green, Quincey, Danny D, Broken Kronwall. Marchenko is probably better too. And smith when he is on his game.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia

He was still pretty bad with Dekeyser, I don't care what Mickey says.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Not deserved? Which good plays that compensate for his bad ones did we miss?

No wonder our longest losing streak was when Ericsson was missing and garbage replacement pylons playing.

Stay-at-home defencemen never got any positive comments nowadays. You will notice their importance when they are missing from the roster. Team results "suddenly" goes worse. Guys are worth every buck.

But hey, let's keep scapegoating!

Aug 6, 2012

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Oh, wonder. Shut-down defencemen who play against best players in the league gets a lot of high-danger scoring chances against.

My god. What a surprise. Amazing find!

:amazed: Just like Josi and Weber at Nashville.

But Marchenko... he must be great like all other defencemen on the league who play against easier competition outside the shut-down duty. They must be put on shut-down pair to look bad, because they haven't looked bad until put there, and they look even worse than regular shut-down guys...

but on that case it doesn't matter because he is young new toy and plays with a cheap caphit and fans won't go crazy on message boards.

Ericsson is one of our least problems.

How about scoring goals? Or put the power-play to work where Ericsson is a non-factor.

Last edited:

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Oh, wonder. Shut-down defencemen who play against best players in the league gets a lot of high-danger scoring chances against.

My god. What a surprise. Amazing find!

:amazed: Just like Josi and Weber at Nashville.

But Marchenko... he must be great like all other defencemen on the league who play against easier competition outside the shut-down duty. They must be put on shut-down pair to look bad, because they haven't looked bad until put there, and they look even worse than regular shut-down guys...

but on that case it doesn't matter because he is young new toy and plays with a cheap caphit and fans won't go crazy on message boards.

Ericsson is one of our least problems.

How about scoring goals? Or put the power-play to work where Ericsson is a non-factor.

Yeah Ericsson can play dfence.. Barely. He can't score how does that help with the scoring goals problem. Especially since almost every single play starts with a dman pass that he can't make. Put shattenkirk in his spot. Solves so so so so so many problems

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad