Post-Game Talk: I'm-Glad-I-Fell-Asleep-Because-We-Lost-So-I-Made-the-Post-Game-Thread-The-Next-Day

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
It was 1-1 when I fell asleep, I liked that much better.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
I'm tired.

Anyway, second period was awful. It's too bad cause they showed some life in the third and if it wasn't for Howard giving up his quota of one softie per game we probably get out with a point at least.

Regardless, we've got 8/10 points on the road swing, if we could get 2 more vs. Arizona it'll be an excellent trip. Didn't have huge expectations in the 5th game of the trip + back to back + Howard anyway.

Interested to see if Blash goes with 11/7 again. I doubt he will. Smith deserves to sit, absolutely terrible. He gave up like 4 odd man rushes, made some awful pinches, and could barely accept routine passes from his partners half the time. That + AM with another solid outing + a goal should be an obvious choice. I'm assuming with the current cap situation that we can't afford a callup but it'd sure be nice to see AA or Mantha up.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I haven't been able to watch many games so I stayed up for this one. I thought Detroit played a good overall game. They got beat up physically a bit, but they were able to create chances. LA just kept shooting from the point because Howard looked lost on every single shot from back there. He has such awful vision in traffic :help: but I think he still played a solid game overall.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
You fell asleep and I woke up for the third period hehe. Honestly we had some good enough shifts to tie it up, there was nothing wrong with the effort anyway. If you by time to time can get away with a loss for no other reason than playing a good team, this was one.

Austin Wings Fan

Mar 9, 2010
This was always going to be a tough game. The Wings main advantage over LA is speed, and being on the second half of a back to back negates that to some extent.

Without that speed, the Wings just got smothered and pushed to the outside by LA's big bodies. That's how you get the second period.

Howard is not the reason they lost this game. They lost because LA is a better team. Having said that, they were 2-2 entering the third period. After watching the second, every Wings fan would have taken a 2-2 game entering OT.

They needed to rely on their goalie to shut the door and steal them a point. Instead, he gives up an un-screened one timer to start the period. A good shot, and certainly not an easy save, but one that was needed. In some ways, a microcosm of Howard's career: just good enough to lose.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
I actually only caught the third period. For the most part I thought they played well. However, they failed to mount any kind of surge in the last 5 minutes. Pretty weak finish to the game but I guess that should be expected on back to backs.

P.S other than the fact I only catch 1 or 2 live Red Wings games per season, living in the Mountain time zone is best. Game was over by 11:00 pm local.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Smith deserves to sit, absolutely terrible. He gave up like 4 odd man rushes, made some awful pinches, and could barely accept routine passes from his partners half the time.

That game was obviously a step back. Too bad. Can't really say anything about the Ducks-Game as I couldn't see it. But I liked his play recently and thought he got the corner.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Marchenko is my main man now. I think he deserves top-pairing minutes.

He has grown on me quite a bit, I like him too.

I'd say top pair minutes is premature, but then I look at who we play on the top pair, and....

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
Gassed team + really bad defensive breakdowns = regulation loss. Howard needed to play a perfect game for us to salvage a point, but he let in a softie that, unfortunately, turned out to be the game winner. This team can't score more than 2 goals per game with any consistency and with the terrible defensive lapses they're prone to, games like these will happen no matter who's in goal and how well they're playing. Mrazek seems to be handling them better, but in Howard's past few starts the team has been brutal. I'd imagine he's super frustrated with his teammates and himself, cause he's certainly not blameless in this. I was originally for letting this two potential starter thing go on for the entire season, but I'm beginning to think it might be better to shop Jimmy around at the dead line for his sake and the team's (and mine, cause I'm so sick of the gleeful, asinine and downright classless posts every time he lets in a goal).

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
This was always going to be a tough game. The Wings main advantage over LA is speed, and being on the second half of a back to back negates that to some extent.

Without that speed, the Wings just got smothered and pushed to the outside by LA's big bodies. That's how you get the second period.

Howard is not the reason they lost this game. They lost because LA is a better team. Having said that, they were 2-2 entering the third period. After watching the second, every Wings fan would have taken a 2-2 game entering OT.

They needed to rely on their goalie to shut the door and steal them a point. Instead, he gives up an un-screened one timer to start the period. A good shot, and certainly not an easy save, but one that was needed. In some ways, a microcosm of Howard's career: just good enough to lose.
That 3rd goal was super easy save. 2nd one was semisoft .
That game was obviously a step back. Too bad. Can't really say anything about the Ducks-Game as I couldn't see it. But I liked his play recently and thought he got the corner.
1st goal was his fault, he made the Oddman rush 2 on 1

CerealKiller

Oct 25, 2014
3rd goal was a softie. Other than that Howie played very well. But Smith, ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Smith

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
You fell asleep and I woke up for the third period hehe. Honestly we had some good enough shifts to tie it up, there was nothing wrong with the effort anyway. If you by time to time can get away with a loss for no other reason than playing a good team, this was one.

There was a ton wrong with the effort in the second period... They played about 40 minutes of solid hockey and let Kopitar run wild, not a recipe for success at all.

Not to be one of those guys and maybe I was cranky with it being late, but that was one of the worst officiated games we have had to endure all season.

Eggberto

Oct 26, 2013
There was a ton wrong with the effort in the second period... They played about 40 minutes of solid hockey and let Kopitar run wild, not a recipe for success at all.

Not to be one of those guys and maybe I was cranky with it being late, but that was one of the worst officiated games we have had to endure all season.

Kopitar tore us apart. It was genuinely brutal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad