Value of: I'm Back!!Bye Bye Darnell, just not to Arizona!!

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
First thing first these deals flip around change more information gets released and me incorporating what i know

This is a big read it took me a couple of days to write sorry try to chip away

1. Arizona will NOT retain 2.00 AAV on OEL deal

Not happening

From what i know they aren't retaining for 7 Years on a Contract

The OEL contract is causing the Value of the deal to drop a tiny bit but there still going to get some good players regardless

The NMC clause is a factor + plus not a lot of teams can pay the 3 consecutive years of 10.5 in real dollars, Oilers can

2. The money problems in Arizona run deeper than the players

This isn't new but there gutting out there scouting staff, furloughed some employees

There new GM is making 1 million a year so there cutting down everywhere

3. People think that the only way Arizona can shed money is the OEL trade, WRONG

There's Kuemper, kessel, grabner, demers, gologoski, oestrle, raanta and hammer but he's told them he's not waiving his NTC

There looking at getting rid of everybody and anybody, with all the UFA and kessel, kuemper and OEL Getting moved they'll be shedding alot of money for next year

4. The change from Nurse to just Neal. Arizona want to cut money and don't want to take anything back. The report from Stauffer and others around is there looking for picks and prospects.

5. The deal now is Neal with retention and then flipped

Neal (we'll get back to neal)
Puljujarvi
Samarukov
1st round pick 2021

For

OEL

With the Information that i know

I would be more shocked that Puljujarvi plays another game in Edmonton than OEL getting traded to Edmonton

6. Now one thing we need to do is breakdown the OEL contract and the importance of REAL DOLLARS to Arizona

DO NOT MENTION CAP HIT TO ME REGARDING ARIZONA, REAL DOLLARS IS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS

2020/21 4.0 (other 4.0 payed already)
2021/22 10.5
2022/2023 10.5 (5.25 of it is bonus)
2023/2024 10.5
2024/2025 8
2025/2026 5.25
2026/2027 5.25

54.0 REAL DOLLARS

7. Now due to money reason Arizona will flip Neal right after they acquire him but retain 50% of the deal

3 years AAV 2.875

2020/2021 2.875
2021/2022 2.875
2022/2023 2.875

8.625 REAL DOLLARS

Saving of about 45.3 Million in Real Dollars over 7 years

Teams that I could see be interested in Neal are Carolina, Florida, Columbus

Maybe one of the goalies out of Carolina (Reimer or Mrazek) go to Oilers, so they can acquire somebody else??

3 way Deal??? Lol

7. Zack Kassian and James Neal

I think with the NY Islanders, Tampa Bay Lightning, Washington Capitals emphasizing on the physical element they might be pressuring teams in the Eastern Conference to try to Counter

Now you can always bring in Physical players for cheap contracts but to bring in guys at 3.25 AAV/4 years and 2.88 AAV/ 3 years respectively that can

Score 15-20 goals
Physical
Ability to play in Top 6 and complement top players

There a valuable asset to certain teams, I'm looking at teams like Toronto, Carolina, Boston, Columbus, Florida & Philadelphia

Light Interest from teams who want to be better Buffalo, NJD & NYR

If Alex Pietroangelo were to sign in Toronto, would Leaf fans consider a deal of

Kassian (3.2 AAV 4 Years)
+
+
(+'s = Combo of 2 draft picks or prospect & pick or 2 prospects)

For

Nylander (6.962 AAV 4 Years)

I know there's been interest from Toronto regarding Kassian

8. The Flames were bluffing the whole time, they were trying to drive up the price then Arizona told them alright let's do the deal and they caved+ plus OEL wouldn't waive

Now apparently from Lebrun there trying to get Petrioangelo because they know the Oilers are about to land OEL

I think its the same thing with Kuemper, they were trying to drive up price and they were bluffing and now there pulling back

They need to keep there picks, they got gaudreau who's going to leave, monahan will eventually get traded, giordano is 37 years old they need to do a full on 4-5 year rebuild

TAKE A BREAK

To anybody talking about OEL contract STOP

We are potentially getting a No.1 defenseman without giving up Broberg, Bouchard or Bear

This was the Chris Pronger trade

Eric Brewer
Jeff woywitka
Doug Lynch

2 guys who didn't amount to much and brewer who was solid but not close to Pronger level

By getting OEL were protecting the 3 kids, your easing them into the NHL without over bearing them

The perfect example is Sergachev in Tampa Bay. they have Hedman and Mcdonagh playing ahead of Sergachev
, they play the harder minutes and are easing Sergachev into the line up

The only problem is the Mcdonagh contract and now that Sergachev needs a deal, it'll cause cap issues

Now lets talk about Oilers when Broberg makes the team, lets say that he plays in 2021/2022 season and the term of contracts that we'd have are:

2020/2021

OEL(7) BEAR (2 bridge)
KLEFBOM(3) LARSSON(1)
JONES(2) BOUCHARD (ELC 3)

(NURSE TRADED I'll get to why)

2021/2022

OEL(6, 8.25) BEAR (1, Bridge)
KLEFBOM (2, 4.17) BOUCHARD(2 ELC)
BROBERG (3 ELC) X

X=I hope we can keep Jones but expansion draft could change that, we go out and acquire somebody

2022/2023

OEL (5, 8.25) BEAR (4.5-6??)
BROBERG (2 ELC) BOUCHARD (1 ELC)
KLEFBOM (1, 4.17) X

2023/2024

OEL (4, 8.25) BEAR (4.5-6??)
BROBERG (1, ELC) BOUCHARD (X)
??? ???

*LUCIC AND SEKERA MONEY COMES OFF THE CAP

X=This is where things get interesting
Now because of OEL contract things will eventually get a little tight BUTTTT

This is where we can fix that, Bouchard or/and Broberg on a Bridge Deal

If we do that things can be so much better for us now let's say we get Bouchard on a bridge and not Broberg

BOUCHARD Bridge 2 years (3.0-4.0 AAV)

2024/2025

OEL (3, 8.25) BEAR (4.5-6 Million)
BROBERG (3.5-8) BOUCHARD (Bridge, 3.0-4.0)
??? ???

2025/2026

BROBERG (3.5-8) BOUCHARD (5.5-8)
OEL (2, 8.25) BEAR (4.5-6)
??? ???

Now this is when we would be looking at getting rid of OEL he'd be 34 years old with 2 years left at 8.25 AAV and 5.25 per in REAL DOLLARS

Now with Darnell Nurse the Oilers will be looking to get back what they gave up in the the OEL deal and I'm Targeting 2 Teams

New Jersey Devils or New York Rangers

NJD have 3 first round picks (7, 18, 20)

Let's say 7 is off limits

So 18 or 20 and they also have Pavel Zacha and Micheal Mcleod, potential 3C

So maybe 18, Zacha and 2021 3rd??

Pick up another good young player in a good draft, present & future 3C and 3rd pick which we don't have next year

As for New Jersey they need Darnell, any fan who says they don't are not thinking

Take from an Oilers fan when you rebuild without Defenseman, you end up rebuilding within a rebuild

Ty Smith and kevin Bahl won't devolp properly without protection on that LHD
Same reason why were getting OEL to help Broberg

Darnell is one of the toughest guys in the league and having him out there will help Jack Hughes have more ice

Thats one of the toughest divisions in the league and your going to start having players taking runs at Hughes, Darnell is great protection and can play 25 minutes against other teams top lines

Another Team is NYR

Kravstov, 22nd pick & 2021 3rd pick??

Good young offensive winger, NYR are loaded on Wings but Bare on the LHD, they only got K'andre Miller but he's also a kid and you don't want to over bear and mess up his development

Both Teams can use Darnell Nurse. There is still Growth to his game, he's going to get better still only 25

The problem with Darnell in Edmonton is when his contract is up he's going to ask for 6.5-7

Then Ethan Bear is going to say, I'm better than Nurse i want 7, then let's say you have OEL. Bear and Nurse deals end at the exact same time, while Bouchard deal will have 1 more year and then when he needs a deal he'll say I'm running one of the greatest powerplay of all time, i want 7

Then Broberg says I'm better than all of you I want 9 then were screwed

Nurse is going to drive up everybody's money, good Defenseman but were going to be screwed financially

As for other teams you'd be lucky to have Darnell Nurse on your team start showing some appreciation, great kid tough, hard worker fans will love him!!

There is, um, a lot to unpack here.

I think Holland might have a shot at acquiring OEL. Adding him would definitely improve Edmonton's defense in the short term, and perhaps indicate to the players management is willing to make serious moves to give the team a chance at playoff success.

I agree with you that Arizona is looking to shed salary. I don't see Neal being any part of a trade with Arizona for any player.

Armstrong would probably ask for Klefbom in any deal with OEL. At least, that's my guess. Klefbom has half the salary of OEL and plays heavy minutes for the Oilers. There would be other moving parts in such a trade for certain.

Toronto may be interested in adding Kassian but he is in no way a basis for a Nylander deal. That is an Oiler fan fantasy. Kassian would be a small add in such a trade, and part of an effort to balance out $$$ with Toronto. Dubas would rightly ask for an Oiler 1st (probably the 14 OA this year) + a good prospect and THEN Kassian would be added on. Holland wouldn't want to deal this year's 1st so might try and switch it with next years. And so the negotiation goes...

Nurse does not seem to be a fit with NYR.

That's my two cents anyway.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
First thing first these deals flip around change more information gets released and me incorporating what i know

Not happening

The OEL contract is causing the Value of the deal to drop a tiny bit but there still going to get some good players regardless

The NMC clause is a factor + plus not a lot of teams can pay the 3 consecutive years of 10.5 in real dollars, Oilers can

This isn't new but there gutting out there scouting staff, furloughed some employees

3. People think that the only way Arizona can shed money is the OEL trade, WRONG

There's Kuemper, kessel, grabner, demers, gologoski, oestrle, raanta and hammer but he's told them he's not waiving his NTC

There looking at getting rid of everybody and anybody, with all the UFA and kessel, kuemper and OEL Getting moved they'll be shedding alot of money for next year

4. The change from Nurse to just Neal. Arizona want to cut money and don't want to take anything back. The report from Stauffer and others around is there looking for picks and prospects.

Puljujarvi
Samarukov
1st round pick 2021

For

OEL

I would be more shocked that Puljujarvi plays another game in Edmonton than OEL getting traded to Edmonton

6. Now one thing we need to do is breakdown the OEL contract and the importance of REAL DOLLARS to Arizona

DO NOT MENTION CAP HIT TO ME REGARDING ARIZONA, REAL DOLLARS IS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS

2021/22 10.5
2023/2024 10.5
2024/2025 8
2025/2026 5.25
2026/2027 5.25

54.0 REAL DOLLARS

7. Now due to money reason Arizona will flip Neal right after they acquire him but retain 50% of the deal

3 years AAV 2.875

2020/2021 2.875
2021/2022 2.875
2022/2023 2.875

8.625 REAL DOLLARS

Maybe one of the goalies out of Carolina (Reimer or Mrazek) go to Oilers, so they can acquire somebody else??

3 way Deal??? Lol

I think with the NY Islanders, Tampa Bay Lightning, Washington Capitals emphasizing on the physical element they might be pressuring teams in the Eastern Conference to try to Counter

Now you can always bring in Physical players for cheap contracts but to bring in guys at 3.25 AAV/4 years and 2.88 AAV/ 3 years respectively that can

Score 15-20 goals
Physical

There a valuable asset to certain teams, I'm looking at teams like Toronto, Carolina, Boston, Columbus, Florida & Philadelphia

If Alex Pietroangelo were to sign in Toronto, would Leaf fans consider a deal of

+
+

For

8. The Flames were bluffing the whole time, they were trying to drive up the price then Arizona told them alright let's do the deal and they caved+ plus OEL wouldn't waive

Now apparently from Lebrun there trying to get Petrioangelo because they know the Oilers are about to land OEL

I think its the same thing with Kuemper, they were trying to drive up price and they were bluffing and now there pulling back

They need to keep there picks, they got gaudreau who's going to leave, monahan will eventually get traded, giordano is 37 years old they need to do a full on 4-5 year rebuild

TAKE A BREAK

We are potentially getting a No.1 defenseman without giving up Broberg, Bouchard or Bear

Eric Brewer
Jeff woywitka
Doug Lynch

2 guys who didn't amount to much and brewer who was solid but not close to Pronger level

By getting OEL were protecting the 3 kids, your easing them into the NHL without over bearing them

The perfect example is Sergachev in Tampa Bay. they have Hedman and Mcdonagh playing ahead of Sergachev

The only problem is the Mcdonagh contract and now that Sergachev needs a deal, it'll cause cap issues

Now lets talk about Oilers when Broberg makes the team, lets say that he plays in 2021/2022 season and the term of contracts that we'd have are:

2020/2021

OEL(7) BEAR (2 bridge)
KLEFBOM(3) LARSSON(1)

2021/2022

BROBERG (3 ELC) X

X=I hope we can keep Jones but expansion draft could change that, we go out and acquire somebody

2022/2023

KLEFBOM (1, 4.17) X

2023/2024

??? ???

If we do that things can be so much better for us now let's say we get Bouchard on a bridge and not Broberg

2024/2025

??? ???

2025/2026

??? ???

Now this is when we would be looking at getting rid of OEL he'd be 34 years old with 2 years left at 8.25 AAV and 5.25 per in REAL DOLLARS

Now with Darnell Nurse the Oilers will be looking to get back what they gave up in the the OEL deal and I'm Targeting 2 Teams

Pick up another good young player in a good draft, present & future 3C and 3rd pick which we don't have next year

As for New Jersey they need Darnell, any fan who says they don't are not thinking

Take from an Oilers fan when you rebuild without Defenseman, you end up rebuilding within a rebuild

Darnell is one of the toughest guys in the league and having him out there will help Jack Hughes have more ice

Thats one of the toughest divisions in the league and your going to start having players taking runs at Hughes, Darnell is great protection and can play 25 minutes against other teams top lines

Another Team is NYR

Good young offensive winger, NYR are loaded on Wings but Bare on the LHD, they only got K'andre Miller but he's also a kid and you don't want to over bear and mess up his development

Both Teams can use Darnell Nurse. There is still Growth to his game, he's going to get better still only 25

The problem with Darnell in Edmonton is when his contract is up he's going to ask for 6.5-7

Then Ethan Bear is going to say, I'm better than Nurse i want 7, then let's say you have OEL. Bear and Nurse deals end at the exact same time, while Bouchard deal will have 1 more year and then when he needs a deal he'll say I'm running one of the greatest powerplay of all time, i want 7

Nurse is going to drive up everybody's money, good Defenseman but were going to be screwed financially

As for other teams you'd be lucky to have Darnell Nurse on your team start showing some appreciation, great kid tough, hard worker fans will love him!!
4742733113_5bb97ebf92_b.jpg

Reactions: Guttersniped

McLeafy

Sep 26, 2014
Feel free to edit out the Toronto part.

It's not happening, good luck on the rest.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
I motion to have OP banned if deal doesn't go through.

jeg

Jun 16, 2015
I liked the read myself true or not, Beats the typical post

OEL would be a great pick up, I know we are short of wingers, 3C, and a goalie..... however i feel the real need is a true Top pairing D man, which we then can move one of our D to obtain a winger or 3 C
I could find better then OEL (but probably not available) but he's no sluff

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
I gave up attempting to read this after the first few paragraphs. I would suggest putting as much effort in learning the proper uses for there, their and they're as you did in writing this mess.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I liked the Calgary part. I envision the Flames management looks like this when Edmonton tries to make a trade:

giphy.gif

Reactions: Morrison

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018

Not happening

Puljujarvi
Samarukov
1st round pick 2021

For

OEL

2021/22 10.5
2023/2024 10.5
2024/2025 8
2025/2026 5.25
2026/2027 5.25

54.0 REAL DOLLARS

3 years AAV 2.875

2020/2021 2.875
2021/2022 2.875
2022/2023 2.875

8.625 REAL DOLLARS

3 way Deal??? Lol

Score 15-20 goals
Physical

+
+

For

TAKE A BREAK

Eric Brewer
Jeff woywitka
Doug Lynch

2020/2021

OEL(7) BEAR (2 bridge)
KLEFBOM(3) LARSSON(1)

2021/2022

BROBERG (3 ELC) X

2022/2023

KLEFBOM (1, 4.17) X

2023/2024

??? ???

2024/2025

??? ???

2025/2026

??? ???

Another Team is NYR

I'm confused at the intention of your post. You start by stating you are back. Is the point of this post to facilitate discussion on your ideas or are you trying to, by in large, express your personality through your posts in a blog type fashion? Are you hoping for an audience or for a discussion?

Also, this is a discussion board. Lengthy posts like this is likely to be skipped over without formatting. Maybe posting step by step with bolded titles would help direct a reader to the important ideas of the post. It doesn't take much, a few subheadings and bolded parts go a long way in making things more legible.

It does sound like you want to blog though, which is quite alright. Formatting will be key though if you want response and discussion on your ideas. A wall of grey with no breaks is visually exhausting for a reader, even if the grammer is still improving format is still most important.

Cheers, keep trying.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Pass from Edmonton.

OEL is not a number 1 defenseman and he's nowhere close to Chris Pronger no matter how badly you want him to be.
...... uhhhh you wouldn’t want a top 2 dman? Great let’s waste Leon and McDs time with Garbage until the inevitable trade request

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Be honest, did anyone read the whole post?

I did... it was like reading a textbook with a ton of errors in it. The stuff up to point 4 kinda has some logic in it similar to the previous thread. Almost everything after that was completely ridiculous.

Is there a condensed version? Too long and too much combining of their, there and they're for me to get through it.

Halfway through point 5, everything is drivel and nonsense that is mostly concocted by OP.

Reactions: Morrison and RemoAZ

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
is there a FAN FIC tag for threads?
also, you should separate out what you claim is what you heard vs your own speculation vs roster talk which I frankly hate in trade threads. No one wants to hear about your roster issues in a trade thread. Keep that to the Oiler's board.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad