Value of: I'm Back!!Bye Bye Darnell, just not to Arizona!!

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I want you to love Darnell Nurse, I want you to hold Darnell Nurse, I want you to believe in Darnell Nurse,i want you to be there for Darnell Nurse, I want you to pick up Darnell Nurse when Darnell Nurse is down, I want you to become Darnell Nurse, I want you to buy Darnell Nurses NYR Jersey, I want you to become a supporter of the WNBA and the New York Liberty and buy a jersey that says Nurse, I want you to stop aspiring to become a doctor or lawyer or accountant and I want you to become a Nurse

Get a grip, if you can.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
This is all over the place.

Edmonton sends Neal to Arizona to then flip him. Absolutely nobody wants Neal, most of all Carolina. And then you immediately state that Reimer would be going to Edmonton? In a trade for Neal who was just sent to Arizona?

Neal is negative.
Gotta pay to have trash carted away.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
dafuq-did-i-just-read-meme.jpg

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
I want you to love Darnell Nurse, I want you to hold Darnell Nurse, I want you to believe in Darnell Nurse,i want you to be there for Darnell Nurse, I want you to pick up Darnell Nurse when Darnell Nurse is down, I want you to become Darnell Nurse, I want you to buy Darnell Nurses NYR Jersey, I want you to become a supporter of the WNBA and the New York Liberty and buy a jersey that says Nurse, I want you to stop aspiring to become a doctor or lawyer or accountant and I want you to become a Nurse

Ok this might be my favorite post on this site haha. Loved that last line.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC

I love these threads lol

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Are you dreaming up these Devils/Rangers deals, or is there some "backing" to them?

Nurse would be excellent here. I'm fine with 20 + McLeod.

Zacha stays, though. He had 24 points in his last 34 games centering Bratt and Gusev. We need him as our 2C next year so Jack can get some delicious matchups on the third line.
18+ Zacha for Nurse is a delightful offer. Zacha had 20 EV points all year so not sure about your theory there.

I was overly generous the first time around to the original monstrosity but the new version where Arizona gets nothing of value and takes Neal off Edmonton’s hand as well makes this high grade nonsense.

I can believe the argument that Arizona would get less if they only took back futures and limited salary in return for OEL, similar to Subban, but they get nothing and, oh yeah, could you deal with this 3 year/5.75m anchor deal too?

The argument that Arizona could flip Nurse made sense because they could use him and for sure flip him later but Neal? You’re saying Arizona can just go flip Neal to a different team? Then why doesn’t Edmonton go do it themselves? If want to throw in a cap dump, throw in Russell. It’s pretty simple.

Arizona cares most specifically about cash right now so trading OEL, who’s owed 4m, for a guy who makes 5.75m makes no sense. Don’t talk to me about next year, in business when shit’s on fire you deal with the current fire and next year is something you deal with later.

Reactions: _Del_

Fireonk

Jan 10, 2006
Why would the Rangers want Nurse when they have a glut of DMen coming up to the point where most people are discussing us dealing ADA?

Nurse is LD where we have Smith and Staal taking up two of the spots. He would be a huge upgrade. But, I don't see them giving up both Kravtsov and 22 for a guy with only 2 years left on his contract before he becomes a UFA. The same year we are going to need to give new contracts to Zib, Fox, and Kakko.

Reactions: hn777

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
Nurse is LD where we have Smith and Staal taking up two of the spots. He would be a huge upgrade. But, I don't see them giving up both Kravtsov and 22 for a guy with only 2 years left on his contract before he becomes a UFA. The same year we are going to need to give new contracts to Zib, Fox, and Kakko.

As of right now, Trouba, ADA, and Lindgren are the protected in the exp draft.

Nurse without another deal would be a lame duck. Or expose Lindgren (No thank you)

I rather just grab a vet on a short term deal for depth and keep Kravtsov.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Neal’s negative value matches the positive value of that 2021 1st.

So the deal is Sumorukov and Puljujarvi for OEL.

That seems like not enough. :dunno:

Fireonk

Jan 10, 2006
As of right now, Trouba, ADA, and Lindgren are the protected in the exp draft.

Nurse without another deal would be a lame duck. Or expose Lindgren (No thank you)

I rather just grab a vet on a short term deal for depth and keep Kravtsov.

I think its only something they look into if they decide to move ADA elsewhere. But they won't pay a premium for a guy who might be gone in 2 years for nothing, not at the stage they are at.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Neal’s negative value matches the positive value of that 2021 1st.

So the deal is Sumorukov and Puljujarvi for OEL.

That seems like not enough. :dunno:
Now if Arizona was permitted to add Grabner to the deal, and if Edmonton was willing to contribute some amount to the Neal retention (say at least that Lucic style 12.5%), it suddenly gets a bit more appealing.

Even then...ehhh...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad