Player Discussion: Ilya Sorokin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
What if nothing happens after 48 hours. But then signs later anyway. I will enjoy the drama

ziggy7716

Oct 20, 2006
Little more than 5 hours until Sorokin is free. I don’t expect him to sign right at 5:01 as you’re talking it being midnight in Russia but I would tomorrow he’s signed

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

SI

Feb 16, 2013

This is Sorokin's agent - tweet is April 12th, but this is going to get done soon.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Kaprizov hasn't signed yet either

AND

This is my speculation - Sorokin is probably waiting for Kiril Kaprizov to sign first and that can be the hold-up.
Kaprizov's agent is Milstein and although they are both signing ELC's - it could be how much bonus they can receive.

ziggy7716

Oct 20, 2006

AND

This is my speculation - Sorokin is probably waiting for Kiril Kaprizov to sign first and that can be the hold-up.
Kaprizov's agent is Milstein and although they are both signing ELC's - it could be how much bonus they can receive.

The Schedule A bonuses are capped at 850k and the schedule B bonuses can’t exceed 2M so there’s not much to negotiate

Reactions: SI

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009

AND

I'd bet good money that both sign with their respective teams and will be on the opening nights rosters of whenever next season starts.

But until then there will be panic and nerves amongst fans as these dudes drag out signing.

But I love Lou's calmness. Expects him to be here and that's that.

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
giphy.gif

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005

AND

From my understanding

How do Entry-Level Contracts Work?
Players younger than 25 years of age as of September 15 during the year of their first NHL contract must sign an entry-level contract which have set limitations - all entry-level contracts are two-way contracts and the maximum allowable salary for players drafted until 2022 is $925,000.

The length of the entry-level contract is also dependent on the player’s age:
  • 18-21 years of age: 3 years
  • 22-23 years of age: 2 years
  • 24 years of age: 1 year
Sorokin will be 25 in Aug so he doesn't have to sign an ELC for 20/21. Now all that being said if they do continue this season I think the Islanders can sign him for the rest of the season to an ELC contract

SI

Feb 16, 2013
From my understanding

Sorokin will be 25 in Aug so he doesn't have to sign an ELC for 20/21. Now all that being said if they do continue this season I think the Islanders can sign him for the rest of the season to an ELC contract

He must sign a 1 year ELC that kicks begins in 20/21.

Kirill Petrov signed a 1 year ELC when he was over 25.

Mikko Lehtonen the 26 year old d man can only sign a 1 year ELC.
The key age is 27

ziggy7716

Oct 20, 2006
Mike Russo from the Athletic posted a story about Kaprizov for Minnesota and he said he’s not signed yet because he wants to play this summer if the NHL resumes play. This way the year burns off and he becomes a RFA right away so he can make more money quicker. Eronko told me the same is true for Sorokin. NHL has said at this point all contract signed are for next year due to the pause but I guess they are holding out hope

Reactions: SI

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
This guy has been a serious pain in the ass.
Why is it that NYR’s stud goalie prospect comes over and plays in the AHL with no issues and waits for his time to shine yet we gotta wait 6 years for our dude to finally even sign an ELC and than wait out this pause so he can get more monies quicker? There is always drama with this franchise or it’s players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad