LeBrun: Ilya Mikheyev's agent is looking for 4.75-5.5 M AAV if he hits the market

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
For what he’s proven thus far he should consider himself lucky if he gets an offer of 3 X 3.5 and take it.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Coleman was an important member of the third line on a team that won B2B cups

Mikheyev has 0 goals on a goalie in 19 playoff games

Fiala scored 3 assists in 6 playoff games last season (1+4 in his last 13 playoff games) and got $8M... Yeah Fiala was also PPG in the regular, but Mikheyev scored 21 goals in 53 games in the regular and he doesn't ask for $8M.

Btw Mikheyev is 2+2 in 19 playoff games. He was 2+2 in 7 games in the last playoffs.

Last edited:

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
The cap finally goes up by a measley 1 million and players and agents start getting delusions of grandeur.

Good player, worth a shot in a top 9 role for 2.75M.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
This is a very rudimentary negotiation tactic....

Mikheyev's camp asks for 4.75-5.5M per, gets laughed at by NHL GMs.

NHL GMs offer 2.75-3.5M per, gets laughed at by Mikheyev's camp

Both sides meet in the middle around 4-4.25M per.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

DuklaNation

Aug 26, 2004
This guy is 28 in October, career high 21 goals on a good team. And wants $5M? I'd walk away immediately.

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
whats his agents number? Id like to have him call my employer for me.

Thanks,

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Black Coleman got $5 million so its possible.

Well, 4.9m.

Coleman was better and brought more to the table. (Elite defensively, can play center, hits, shot blocking, even better on the PK, better production history, etc)

He’s taller than Coleman but not heavier.

Mikheyev has one advantage. He’s 27 with a October birthday. Coleman turned 30 in November.

Coleman was definitely a safer bet in short term, and the defense won’t go away, but he’s relies on speed and his 6 year deal ends when he’s 35.

If you can keep it at a manageable length, Mikheyev’s deal will end when he’s much younger.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Well, 4.9m.

Coleman was better and brought more to the table. (Elite defensively, can play center, hits, shot blocking, even better on the PK, better production history, etc)

He’s taller than Coleman but not heavier.

Mikheyev has one advantage. He’s 27 with a October birthday. Coleman turned 30 in November.

Coleman was definitely a safer bet in short term, and the defense won’t go away, but he’s relies on speed and his 6 year deal ends when he’s 35.

If you can keep it at a manageable length, Mikheyev’s deal will end when he’s much younger.
Mikheyev is a better overall offensive player/creativity

But Coleman more reliable for clutch playoff scoring

Overall about 4m per for Mikheyev could be a good gamble. Which is in the neighborhood of Debrusk pay

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
For RFAs... not ufas

Unless you could provide an example

While its not as common in the past few years it did happen a lot before and still happens on a regular basis. Now note, regular, not often. One or two times per off-season I will guesstimate. Last year it was Goodrow and Bernier for example.

Reactions: rocketdan9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad