Confirmed with Link: Ilya Kovalchuk signs with Habs (1-year, 2-way deal, 700k AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
9 points 17 games with a ****ty Kings team, low cost low risk high reward.

They didn't play him all that much las year too. We've got a non-physical team and we need a good shot on the PP. It is a very good move to try. I predict Kovalchuk will have a good rest of the season.

Reactions: Habs4Life

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
I just think this shows the injuries are worse than we realize and they still want to make the playoffs this year. Doesn’t really contradict any plans Bergevin has alluded to.

ludwig

Dec 17, 2007
bit of a desperation move, but no assets give, minimum salary, and we need right handed shots who can score with Gally and Armia out....let the circus begin!

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
This is just Thompson and Weal 2.0
Or King and Ott.

Ridiculously bad useless moves.
But what's the harm in this one? If he pans out we could flip him to a contender. If he struggles, then it cant be worse than having guys like Cousins or Weal play big minutes. I'll take old man Kovalchuk on the PP anyday than Weal.

There's a lot to criticize Bergevin rightfully on. These low risk moves dont strike me as such.

Habs4Life

Aug 29, 2003
Saint John, NB
They didn't play him all that much las year too. We've got a non-physical team and we need a good shot on the PP. It is a very good move to try. I predict Kovalchuk will have a good rest of the season.
I think so too gives us options on each side and opens up Weber to use his shot more.

Doxinoctae

Dec 16, 2018
All this negativity? This franchise is a net negative since 1993. Theres nothing positive about the Habs lately and you guys need to stop eating it up.
ah common stop leaving in the pasts decades we are no longer the greek or the roman :P !!

Reactions: jaffy27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland