Confirmed with Link: Ilya Kovalchuk signs with Habs (1-year, 2-way deal, 700k AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
I mean, at that price finding a reason to hate the signing is just nitpicking... in a vacuum.

Looking at the bigger picture, it’s just a move that reeks of desperation to make the playoffs no matter what when we’re in no position to do so, and further proves there’s no plan whatsoever from the higher ups in the organization.

Exactly.

On a positive note, it may mean that MB knows it’s playoffs or Antichambre for him.

Doxinoctae

Dec 16, 2018
Bon je vais enfreindre la règle linguistique : COLICE KOCÉ ÇA o,0

Don't get me wrong here i'm just what would you say astonished! Wasn't expecting 3 moves in 48h00 first nor Kovy 2.0 ... could this turn out to be a fit?

Reactions: dinodebino

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
I don't mind this.He still has a good shot and is good on the pp. The habs are in a position where they don't want to give up assets for big names to get into the playoffs but also don't want to completely sell off good players just yet. See how this pans out.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Let say that if there's actually 1 plan that Bergevin does follow since he's here, is that he wants to get something out of nothing. Obviously, it doesn't work most of the time. But that's who he is. At least what it does today is a lot of fun. A lot of hope. And then we'll see him on the ice and understand he doesn'T have a whole lot to give....but look at the Habs. He might be amongst our top 9 even when everybody is back....So again, fine with me. Because I know who Bergevin is. I'm not hoping for anything as far as he's concerned. I'm just going with what he can give us. And that is in line with what he does.

Just 1 question though....did the guy actually trained the last 2 months? 'Cause he wasn't playing.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
I wouldn’t have expected him to make a big deal, so he’s basically just filling holes because of injuries. There’s no reason to be upset about this. There’s sooo many injuries here and in Laval, there’s really no one left. At best, Kovy helps a bit. At worst, things stay the same

Reactions: swimmer77 and abo9

Mike Towers

Aug 8, 2019
Bergevin is such an idiot....he say's if you make the playoffs ....anything can happen....why did he not address ...lack of scoring....lack of size in the summer....especially after Drouin got hurt....make a trade sign a free agent.

Reactions: stanley25
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad