News Article: Ilya Kovalchuk Reportedly Wants To Join The Rangers

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
LoL, cool. I'm sure the devils will get right on that. Devils will demand our top young players, bye bye Buch.

Buch might be one of the reasons as to why he wants to play for us. No way we would trade Buch......I don't think anyway.....Well we are the Rangers, so maybe.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Vegas makes the most sense. I'd give him a 1 year deal if Nash is dealt, but it'd be for 4 or 4.5 million. No more than 5. I could see NJ telling him western conference team or bust. Why do him any favors? Have fun in AZ - they have to reach the cap floor somehow!

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
No doubt.

They should hire me :sarcasm:

Hell, they could sign Shattenkirk and then use the remaining $15m of cap space they have to eat a team's bad contract and get themselves a hell of a young player. Shades of Bickel and Teravainen to Carolina.

Bieksa and Nick Ritchie for...

Yes, they should. We've been needing a new Zamboni driver for years now......U are qualified with a license.......Right?

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
... I could see NJ telling him western conference team or bust. Why do him any favors? Have fun in AZ - they have to reach the cap floor somehow!

Ray Shero won't play games here, he will just get the best deal for his team he can. He wont do Kovy favors, he will do his roster favors.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Meh, I'm as skeptical of this as anyone but from reading these boards it seems like Kovalchuk is still a very good player in the KHL. Kotalik was never close to Kovalchuk. I remember having arguments on these boards with people who were convinced Kotalik was going to be great with the Rangers because he had a "cannon of a shot." :laugh:

That being said, no thanks.

:laugh:

Oh and pass on Kovalpuke pls

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
He had 37 goals in his last full NHL season in 2012 when he was 29, he hasn't played a full season in the NHL for 5 years, and he will be turning 35 this season.

Yeah...no.

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
I don't want to kill discussion at all here but guys...

Regardless of opinion on wanting/not want Kovy, cap, etc... take away ALL other facets of the discussion and one fact remains. He belongs to the Devils.

That pretty much seals the deal for this season at the very least.

I didn't read the whole thread, so I apologize if I missed something vital that would indicate NJ would move him to us or he could end up with us some other way.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
I can't believe this thread has nearly 300 posts. Ilya Kovalchuk????He was slow 4 years ago. The Rangers want to play fast. All I read from Rangers fans and the bloggers are Joe Thornton and Kovalchuk.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I can't believe this thread has nearly 300 posts. Ilya Kovalchuk????He was slow 4 years ago. The Rangers want to play fast. All I read from Rangers fans and the bloggers are Joe Thornton and Kovalchuk.

Well, I would love Draisaitl, Drouin, McDavid and Pastrnak but availability might be an issue

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad