News Article: Ilya Kovalchuk Reportedly Wants To Join The Rangers

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
say Kovalchuk for Kovacs + a 3rd rounder...id do that 100 times out of 100...especially if Kovy signs for say 3 years at 5M per.

Not happening..but thats the kinda move id be all over.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
say Kovalchuk for Kovacs + a 3rd rounder...id do that 100 times out of 100...especially if Kovy signs for say 3 years at 5M per.

That's awful for the Rangers. It's giving up on Kovacs after one year in the AHL (when he was the 4th youngest player in the league) AND giving them a third rounder on top of it.

I'd give them a 7th rounder and a signed photo of Matteau scoring on Brodeur in 94. **** the Devils.

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York

I would stay far away from a 3 year contract with Kovy.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
That's awful for the Rangers. It's giving up on Kovacs after one year in the AHL (when he was the 4th youngest player in the league) AND giving them a third rounder on top of it.

I'd give them a 7th rounder and a signed photo of Matteau scoring on Brodeur in 94. **** the Devils.

If we give them the photo it's too much given away.

scratchhayes*

Mar 24, 2016
Kovalchuk isn't signing with anybody else if he wants the Rangers. He's stubborn. That being said. NJ has no leverage. Most I offer up is Nieves, Fogarty and perhaps Gilmour. That's it. Kovalchuk is 34.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Kovalchuk isn't signing with anybody else if he wants the Rangers. He's stubborn. That being said. NJ has no leverage. Most I offer up is Nieves, Fogarty and perhaps Gilmour. That's it. Kovalchuk is 34.

Well, Devils will get a bonafide 1C in Nieves.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Max I would pay him is $5MM and for no more then 2 years. Even that is pushing it term wise.

Cost should be no more then a middling prospect or two and/or a midround pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad