Confirmed with Link: Ilya Bryzgalov for 4th Round Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Well if he was back to his old form, we wouldn't be talking about buying him out/trading him.

I'd rather be in a situation where we could deal a healthy Backs so that we could run a Kuemper/Bryz tandem next year than be in a situation where we let Bryz walk and hope that Backs returns to form/health.

We also don't know where Harding's health is going to be next year. Too many balls in the air.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
It would be a hard choice, but if I were running the show, I would put Harding on waivers to start next year. Wild can't rely on him and need to re-sign Kuemper, plus have Backstrom signed for two more years. Harding could either retire if he doesn't want to play in Iowa, or maybe he gets picked up elsewhere, otherwise he could be a great mentor for Gustafsson.

I would be extremely, extremely surprised if the Wild signed a goalie this summer, outside of Kuemper.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
It would be a hard choice, but if I were running the show, I would put Harding on waivers to start next year. Wild can't rely on him and need to re-sign Kuemper, plus have Backstrom signed for two more years. Harding could either retire if he doesn't want to play in Iowa, or maybe he gets picked up elsewhere, otherwise he could be a great mentor for Gustafsson.

I would be extremely, extremely surprised if the Wild signed a goalie this summer, outside of Kuemper.

Or, if Harding sees the writing on the wall, maybe the he would accept a different job within the organization ala Brunette and Bomber.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

No need for waivers, that'd be such bad PR. We have the space to carry him if necessary, and LTIR is always an option. We can stick it out for one more year. Let him re-evaluate after next year if he wants to find another NHL job or retire.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
So Harding would essentially be next year's Rupp? Never plays, just takes up a roster spot and cap space?

I think it's more fair to him to put him on waivers and give him a chance to play elsewhere.

If he is able to play, then he plays here. If not, it has no effect on us anyway, and we use LTIR to open up the roster spot.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I believe Bäcks could still hold some value, if he makes a good recovery.

Why not..

LTIR Harding
Sign Bryz to a 2-3 year deal
Start the season with Bryz/Bäcks tandem
Showcase Bäcks a bit, trade him for whatever we can get
Continue with Bryz/Kuemper tandem.

I have to imagine there will be some team on a complete rebuild out there who will need to make the floor who would trade "future considerations" to us for Backs.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Fletch was a mad scientist with this team and it's paying off! FAR more positives in all his moves than negatives!

Bookman

Feb 27, 2002
frozen north
Visit site
Bryz looks like a bargain for a 4th, unless you consider Backstrom was an undrafted free agent, and Kuemper was a 6th rounder.

Harding cost a whole 2nd rounder :amazed:

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
From Russo: Ilya Bryzgalov is the only goalie to get a point in his first 10 starts in Wild history,

Humangous big milestone. He's here only a few weeks and he's already in the record books.

Simply incredible how he's finding such a strong groove.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
This has been one of the best pickups that Fletcher has done. Cost us a 4th rounder and we have an undefeated in regulation goalie with 3 shutouts and has really put a lot more confidence in this team.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Sure, he's playing well now but that 4th rounder will cost us 4 Cups in the future. :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad