The Sabres look really good

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
I am/was/probably still will be one of the biggest haters on the moves this organization has made over the past decade, but I'll admit they look very good. Only 2 games in and a ton of time to regress, but

Eichel looks good
Dahlin looks good
Skinner looks good
Olofsson looks good
Johansson looks good
The jerseys look good
Hell even Okposo is on the board.

Well see what they do agains tthe Lightning, Leafs, Caps and Bruins, but im impressed early.

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
The defensive game through all three zones is a big improvement from last season.

Outshooting the devil's 27-12 right now through two

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Gotta check out the highlights for those jerseys, they are beauties.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
At least this time they are winning while outchancing without the goalies bailing them out early both games it's the opposing goalies under a flurry of great chances.

Reactions: Chainshot

OneBuffalo

Feb 7, 2015
Davis-Monthan AFB AZ
Ya they started out hot last year too.

Hope they keep it up though. Bills are looking good, time for the Sabres to step it up
They did? They started 4-4-0. 9 of the 10 wins in the 10 game winning streak were by 1 goal, 7 of them being in OT, and 3 winning in a SO. They were winning games, but were getting dominated. These first two games against Pitt and NJ, they've utterly dominated the games. They are scoring goals, and they are not allowing shots on Hutton. NJ has 12 shots going into the 3rd, and Pitt had a normal 29 shots two nights ago. Krueger has them playing MUCH different than "I'm a HOF player, so you must play my way" Housley.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
Didn't the Sabres have a 10 game winning streak or something like that last season?
Yes, but like a few so far have stated, they looked like trash doing it. Mostly 1 goal victories while losing the corsi game and being outshot nearly every time. I researched it a bit deeper and they played backups coincidentally very often during that streak. One of those streaks where everything went their way.

They actually look competent now.

Reactions: umbertovanek

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Ya they started out hot last year too.

Hope they keep it up though. Bills are looking good, time for the Sabres to step it up

Not really, we started 6-4-2. 6 wins in first 12.

We had a Patrick Laine season.

We dominated November and that was it.

So far they’ve looked like they’ve had structure but there’s a lot of hockey to be played.

Last edited:

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Not really, we started 6-4-2. 6 wins in first 12.

We had a Patrick Laine season.

We dominated November and that was i

So far they’ve looked like they’ve had structure but there’s a lot of hockey to be played.
Well that’s good to hear. Miss seeing Buffalo in the mix. I like Ralph Kreuger, hope he does well. Edmonton botched that situation and the Sabres are the beneficiary.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Remember their 10 game winning streak last year?

Different coach. Different players, (olofsson Johansson miller vesey Jokiharju) more mature players. (Dahlin looks really good) Reinhart Eichel and the depth here have been great. Way too touch of a division to do damage though. And early.

I don’t think they make the playoffs but anyone can say “remember that time they Did good then got bad”, what are you suggesting the team sucks out of the gate and try and pull a blues type season.

Way to early for a thread though. That’s for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad