OT: I'll be in Montreal Wednesday night, restaurant suggestions

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
The Keg Steakhouse.

No reservations, just go there and wait, it's well worth it.

Yes, the Keg on Rene Levesque is very good and is one of my favorite restaurants. Despite it being a chain the quality is up there and the overall experience is great. I like the Old Montreal Keg a little less, but it's still good.

cajmonkey

Mar 29, 2014
True. I might be a "foodie" and lots of people roll their eyes at that, but I watch what I put in my body. If I'm going all out and putting a meal high in calories inside myself, I will choose it to be a tarragon butter poached salmon at Rosalie's over a greasy bland burger at Station des Sports.

If you love food and have the cash, get a steak at XO some day. It's the restaurant at the Hotel St. James, and it's yummy.

http://www.hotellestjames.com/the-life/dining/dining.php

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Dude...

Just go get yourself a smoked meat sandwich. You can't go to Montreal and not do this.

If you're going to get a steak... Moishe's is the place.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
If you're going to Montreal for hockey, gotta match that up with poutine. Either La Banquise on Rue Rachel or Poutineville on Rue Ontario, they both got some FFFIIIINNNNNEEEEE poutines.

WeeBey

Aug 7, 2009
montreal
Literally everything is better than Sports Station. I dunno what you've all been drinking to cause such hallucinations (probably Sports Station beer)

kassian

Sep 27, 2010
Montreal
Literally everything is better than Sports Station. I dunno what you've all been drinking to cause such hallucinations (probably Sports Station beer)

I thought WeeBey only consumed pit beef sandwiches and potato salads.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Les 3 brasseurs? :dunno:

This.

I always go to Les 3 Brasseurs before a game and I believe there's a low price on beer between 4-7pm (or was it 5-7?).. and mostly because you don't have to wait your food for a long time once you've ordered (unless you pick something like pork shank)

ZARTONK

Headscratcher!
Jul 4, 2008
Montreal
This.

I always go to Les 3 Brasseurs before a game and I believe there's a low price on beer between 4-7pm (or was it 5-7?).. and mostly because you don't have to wait your food for a long time once you've ordered (unless you pick something like pork shank)

They changed their menu though, at least the one in Laval did, good things were removed and portions are smaller...

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Yeah, I haven't been there for a while and it seems like there are some stuff removed from the menu (well, less flamms and burgers).. still, all main dishes are still there, it seems

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
I work right next to 3B on the corner of McGill college & St. Catherine's and we end up going there for work lunches often as it's very convenient.

While I like their beer (because of its its alcohol content mostly :D ), I have always found the food on the bland side. I usually take one of their sandwiches or burgers, so maybe there are better options on the menu available. When it comes to their burgers - the patties are definitely frozen and are pretty dense/dry.

Last edited:

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
I work right next to 3B on the corner of McGill college & St. Catherine's and we end up going there for work lunches often as it's very convenient.

While I like their beer (because of its its alcohol content mostly :D ), I have always found the food on the bland side. I usually take one of their sandwiches or burgers, so maybe there are better options on the menu available. When it comes to their burgers - the patties are definitely frozen and are pretty dense/dry.

The Flamms are awesome though.

3 Brasseurs is a good choice OP.

ZARTONK

Headscratcher!
Jul 4, 2008
Montreal

Try the Choucroute Royale next time, it's an actualy fork and knife meal, but it's one of the best things I've eaten there.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Au Pied De Cochon - http://www.aupieddecochon.ca/

Can't come to Montreal and not go here as well. It's pricy, but worth it.

This is more for Montrealers -- the owner of this restaurant hosts several food gorging extravaganzas every year, featuring original recipes at a location around St-Eustache. You need to contact him and get your name on a list for a chance to be selected. I was lucky to attend this one time. It was truly delicious. Calorie intake, ginormous ... best not to eat too much on the week prior to attending. ;)

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL

3B for the most part is very meh, but they're in convenient locations and a burger is easy to order.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad