IIHF WJC

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
USA USA USA USA! Great skating roster on the US squad. They're a little eventful defensively but they have a very strong group IMO.

Reactions: henchman21

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I really hope the BC trio is back next year, I can only imagine how dominant they'll be.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
USA was the strongest team on paper and deserved the gold, but they were textbook examples of what sore winners look like. Just showboating with 30 seconds left.
There is definite bad blood between Sweden and the US in this age group and it showed. Sweden trying to go all tough guy at the end was just as bad as the showboating. Especially going after the smallest guy on the ice. :laugh:

Reactions: UncleRisto

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
There is definite bad blood between Sweden and the US in this age group and it showed. Sweden trying to go all tough guy at the end was just as bad as the showboating. Especially going after the smallest guy on the ice. :laugh:
Now all we need is a thing to invalidate Czechia (because obviously Finland and Canada are already done), and we can write off the entire year.

• Haha
Reactions: henchman21

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
📸 Look at this post on Facebook

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Sweden was bad for totally gooning it up, but USAers were completely overzealous with their celebrations. I get it, you're going to win gold, but the game at that point was 5-2 with 2 minutes left. It wasn't a close 3-3 OT, which I would totally understand. St. Augustine III would have had to be Kokko-level awfulness to give up that sort of lead and he wasn't ever going to. You had that Leo lad blowing a kiss, Rutger acting like he did pearl lines in the penalty box, and the over-the-top celebrations on their goals in the third, especially during the scrum. Lekkerimaki had every right to pull a Lucic in the handshake line.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Very impressed with David Carle. 34 years old with quite the resume.
Good coach. He will eventually be behind the bench of an NHL team like Monty and Newsy before him.

Side note: Still can’t believe Gwoz is just content at a high school, albeit one that likely pays him decently.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Sweden was bad for totally gooning it up, but USAers were completely overzealous with their celebrations. I get it, you're going to win gold, but the game at that point was 5-2 with 2 minutes left. It wasn't a close 3-3 OT, which I would totally understand. St. Augustine III would have had to be Kokko-level awfulness to give up that sort of lead and he wasn't ever going to. You had that Leo lad blowing a kiss, Rutger acting like he did pearl lines in the penalty box, and the over-the-top celebrations on their goals in the third, especially during the scrum. Lekkerimaki had every right to pull a Lucic in the handshake line.
It all stems from the u18s… these teams hate each other and want to show up the other. Adds some spiciness and I don’t mind it from either side. Kids will be kids.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad