IIHF WJC

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Mostly it is about control. They are in control of his development, coaching, injury management etc etc. If he tore up his knee like Nemec did or maybe a better comparison, broke his wrist like Dach when the Hawks loaned him... they suffer and do so without any real benefit. I would have loaned him, but there isn't zero risk to it either.

I get it, and the Rangers flat out said as much when they refused to send Lafreniere a couple years ago. But frankly there was very little to be gained by keeping him, even if he got injured in the tournament.

As far as Dach goes, he gets injured getting out of bed in the morning so it wouldn't have made any difference.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Lekkerimaki looks every bit like a future 30-35g guy... wonder if Vancouver tries to get him cycled in during the playoffs.

Reactions: UncleRisto

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Finns looked great period 1.
The US firepower is just likely too much. The US is very leaky, but they'll eventually get on the board. Right now Finland needs to stem the tide and turn this game into a slog.

MaKarter

Big Game Bo
Jun 21, 2019
Fort Collins CO
The US firepower is just likely too much. The US is very leaky, but they'll eventually get on the board. Right now Finland needs to stem the tide and turn this game into a slog.
US really played there style that period. Defensemen were activated on the rush and in the o-zone.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Yeah, the refs missed a high stick and a cross check by Finland, but that "hook" was outrageous by the ref.

The better team won, but still a bit sour in the mouth.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Not enough from Jani Nyman.
Yeah... few other no shows too from Finland. But considering how they looked in the preliminary rounds, a good shot at the bronze really isn't bad at all for Finland. Lassila has really made a good showcase on being drafted. Showing more offense than most thought he would and that should help him since many won't project him as a bottom 6 guy (though I think he could make it as a 3rd liner).

Reactions: UncleRisto

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Yeah... few other no shows too from Finland. But considering how they looked in the preliminary rounds, a good shot at the bronze really isn't bad at all for Finland. Lassila has really made a good showcase on being drafted. Showing more offense than most thought he would and that should help him since many won't project him as a bottom 6 guy (though I think he could make it as a 3rd liner).
Yeah, I would take a shot at Lassila.

Overall, not bad and nothing to be upset about, but several players with good track records in the Liiga fell short and failed to be game breakers. This is what happens.

Oh well.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Finland needs to update their jerseys. In fact all of the countries that are still using that horrid Nike template with the screwy nameplate font need to get the f*** away from those and start fresh.

USA was well-dressed if nothing else.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
3-1 is probably not out of reach with how USA plays defense… but feels pretty close.

Also… the US is just a league above everyone else at developing skating. So many good skaters on this (and past) teams.

Reactions: MaKarter

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Gonna hate that shot for many years… so so good

And Lauren is on for us in the states. :naughty:

MaKarter

Big Game Bo
Jun 21, 2019
Fort Collins CO
I somehow double booked myself. Just finished my 12pm pilates class and now I'm at my favorite lunch sushi spot, which also happens to be a hockey spot.

Going to bea fun 3rd period.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad