Injury Report: Igor Shesterkin (Day-to-Day, Mild Groin Strain)

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I'm hopeful mods can sticky official updates on this as we go like they have in the panarin thread bc there is going to be incredible speculation on what the injury actually is
Back in the day before we could do a first-post-sticky, I would just update the thread title as confirmed news came out. I will do that here, if nothing else.

There used to be an admin function where you could see how many actions each moderator had taken in a given time period. I'm pretty sure half or more of mine were alterations to thread titles to fix syntax or capitalization or other random shit. :laugh:

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Back would have been one of the worst case scenarios.

Hip injuries are basically death for goalies so lets hope that it isn't that.

I’m obviously guessing but he got tripped up by MCLeod and then likely hurt his groin . Just hope for the best

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
So some good news maybe? NYR posted Laf’s snipe goal on their IG 10 minutes ago and guess who “liked” it? Igor Shesterkin. So i guess we can kind of take that as some sort of good news that he’s not at a hospital or occupied with some sort of treatment since he’s liking things on his phone. I know i’m reaching but we need to have hope!

Richard Banger

Mamba Mentality
Sep 29, 2017
Was Oklahoma now Texas
So some good news maybe? NYR posted Laf’s snipe goal on their IG 10 minutes ago and guess who “liked” it? Igor Shesterkin. So i guess we can kind of take that as some sort of good news that he’s not at a hospital or occupied with some sort of treatment since he’s liking things on his phone. I know i’m reaching but we need to have hope!
Sorry man.. definitely a reach. Nothing was going to get done tonight anyways. Got to get the swelling down before MRIs

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
We're gonna look back on this moment in 4 months and realize this injury was the domino to us landing the 1OA pick and trading that along with Chytil, Howden, and Robertson for Eichel.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
We're gonna look back on this moment in 4 months and realize this injury was the domino to us landing the 1OA pick and trading that along with Chytil, Howden, and Robertson for Eichel.
iu

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Groin pulls are a nightmare, and that’s the best case scenario.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
My initial reaction when I saw the replay was groin. I just don't see anything else going on there to make me think otherwise. Who knows, though.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I have seen weird back and hip flexor tweaks during games that have guys getting helped off like that only to be fine the next day.

A nerve stinger type thing. It looked like he was reaching back to his back/hip area. One can hope.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad