Injury Report: Igor Shesterkin (Day-to-Day, Mild Groin Strain)

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
This is a wee bit dramatic.

Probably a muscle tear of some sort. Unless his skate got caught in a rut and we didn't see it Its hard to imagine that it's a knee.

either way, it looked bad. Hopefully it was more painful than it looked.
I think the reaction was the killer. Falls to the ice screaming in agony, hands over his head, banging his hands on the ice. That's the reaction you see from football players when someone rolls up on their knee and it subsequently explodes.

(Not saying that's what happened. Just, the reaction was hard to watch.)

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I think the reaction was the killer. Falls to the ice screaming in agony, hands over his head, banging his hands on the ice. That's the reaction you see from football players when someone rolls up on their knee and it subsequently explodes.

Sometimes these things look worse than they are. I remember McDonagh wiping out after scoring on the caps (?) back in 2012 and having to be helped off the ice in what looked like a season ending non contact injury. He missed like 2 shifts.

The reaction doesn't give me much concern. The way he had to be helped off the ice and couldn't move after being taken to the bench is no bueno. It's almost for certain a serious injury.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
This is a wee bit dramatic.

Probably a muscle tear of some sort. Unless his skate got caught in a rut and we didn't see it Its hard to imagine that it's a knee.

either way, it looked bad. Hopefully it was more painful than it looked.

Oh it’s dripping with dramatics.

I’m just trying to lower my expectations to zero, because holy hell what a weird series of events this season

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Gave me flashbacks to Richter's second ACL tear, in that game against Chicago in 2001. Walking off the ice, Ramsay holding him up...gosh.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

Yeah but that’s also the reaction you see from soccer players when someone breathes on them, so hopefully it’s somewhere in between.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I like Georgiev as a goalie. I really do but he's going to have a whole lot of pressure on himself now.
Who knows, maybe he thrives when given the opportunity to start regularly. His issue is often his consistency, so maybe regular starts will help? Who knows. Either way, it's not like he's an AHL-caliber guy, he has legitimate talent, so hopefully he can put it together.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Season is definitely over for him. Definitely looked like he tore something :(

just have to pray it doesnt linger for his whole career.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Honestly, with all that gear, in an active game where he faced 33 and was busy, it’s possible to catch a Charlie horse or something from a big lunge like that and have a dead leg for a good 15 minutes or so. Unlikely, but trying to be positive.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Sometimes these things look worse than they are. I remember McDonagh wiping out after scoring on the caps (?) back in 2012 and having to be helped off the ice in what looked like a season ending non contact injury. He missed like 2 shifts.

The reaction doesn't give me much concern. The way he had to be helped off the ice and couldn't move after being taken to the bench is no bueno. It's almost for certain a serious injury.

It was against the Bruins!

I actually missed that game but everyone was freaking out about that injury on here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad