Injury Report: Igor Shesterkin (Day-to-Day, Mild Groin Strain)

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
Looked really bad. Shifted his weight onto his right knee and it looked like it just gave out. Non contact injury. Gotta imagine hes done for the year

Reactions: CasusBelli

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
I'm thinking he might have pulled something just looking at him sprawl out like that. Not sure if its in his back, groin, hamstring or what. Hopefully its not anything structural and he'll just be day to day. He looked real bad leaving the ice though

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007
That may be the worst non contact injury I’ve seen for a goalie.

Lets hope this isn’t Blackburn part 2. That would be our luck wouldn’t it?

Goalies don’t recover from those easily

f***​
Agree I can't recall one looking worse than that. Can only pray it was some freak muscle pull or something. Worst case some complex joint injury. Not good at all. Don't know how it could be a knee, have a gut feeling it involves his hip or back.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
That may be the worst non contact injury I’ve seen for a goalie.

Lets hope this isn’t Blackburn part 2. That would be our luck wouldn’t it?

Goalies don’t recover from those easily

f***​

This is a wee bit dramatic.

Probably a muscle tear of some sort. Unless his skate got caught in a rut and we didn't see it Its hard to imagine that it's a knee.

either way, it looked bad. Hopefully it was more painful than it looked.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Hard to speculate, but given the way he got taken out just prior, I am wondering if he maybe ruptured his achilles tendon? This is unfortunately the story of the evening. He stole this game tonight.

Sigh.

Reactions: egelband

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Not to be extreme but watching him struggle off the ice was a flashback to richter crumpling when he came off when he tore his first acl. His knee just gave out when he stepped on it. I don't at all believe that's the case here, but it's just sad to see your cornerstones injured and struggling leaving the ice.

Fairly confident it's groin with that stretch he made. Pads are worn so loose now a days we sometimes don't actually appreciate how hard these guys stretch their actual limbs on plays bc we only see the pads on their legs.

Reactions: bernmeister

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad