Igor Larionov to Edmonton (Re: Yakupov) - Part II

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
The response to this is similar to the one I just gave. The management should be asked tough questions. They should have been asked tough questions months ago, and weren't. I never said they were immune, so why are you implying I did?

Like I said before, Yak specifically wanted this to be made into a big deal. It shows either a lack of maturity or character on his part, I'm not sure which.

It seems odd for you to specifically state Yak has to answer to the tough questions of the media when nobody else is put into this hardball line of fire.

It was your statement.

As far as the bolded both. I actually respect players that speak out when a ****show is in full session. Yak gets the Souray award this year in my book. He sees tons of things wrong with the way the club, himself, are managed, wants to contribute to wins, but can't do that from the bench. Good for him to raise it. We have 20 guys here that don't say sweet ****, all, put their heads down every games and often during play, get chronically bent over, and don't say boo about it.

Yak is mad, good for him. More players should be.

OrangeBlue10

Jan 26, 2009
am i the only one who is getting frustrated on how our fans and media have suddenly turned on our players and trying to run them out of town. Yes we are loseing but for sakes come on guys we are better than this. This is classless on everyones part

Neatman

Mar 9, 2011
I never said anything about the lack of questioning of management, so please keep the personal insults out of this.

If you actually watched the raw interview, Yak was asked directly if he wanted a big deal made of this situation, and if that's why Larionov came out publicly and made this a circus. He specifically said yes. So he needs to deal with it. It's exactly what he wanted.

Actually he didn't. He was directly asked if he wanted it to be a big deal, and he answered that he just wanted to play and see what happened in a few days. If you're going to quote what someone said directly to a question try to be accurate. They did eventually get him to say yes to a question focused around whether he wanted larionov to step in on his behalf. Turns out that if you ask a a 20 year old with 20 mikes in his face the same question enough times, you might get the answer you want. Mind blown.

SeriousBusiness

T.Hall da man
Oct 5, 2003
It seems odd for you to specifically state Yak has to answer to the tough questions of the media when nobody else is put into this hardball line of fire.

It was your statement.

As far as the bolded both. I actually respect players that speak out when a ****show is in full session. Yak gets the Souray award this year in my book. He sees tons of things wrong with the way the club, himself, are managed, wants to contribute to wins, but can't do that from the bench. Good for him to raise it. We have 20 guys here that don't say sweet ****, all, put their heads down every games and often during play, get chronically bent over, and don't say boo about it.

Yak is mad, good for him. More players should be.

To be fair, this is a thread discussing with more specificity Yak and his agent. So I was referring to Yak's necessity to answer the media.

And yeah, all the players should be mad at the team's success so far. Yak is mad at his ice time.

SeriousBusiness

T.Hall da man
Oct 5, 2003
Actually he didn't. He was directly asked if he wanted it to be a big deal, and he answered that he just wanted to play and see what happened in a few days. If you're going to quote what someone said directly to a question try to be accurate. They did eventually get him to say yes to a question focused around whether he wanted larionov to step in on his behalf. Turns out that if you ask a a 20 year old with 20 mikes in his face the same question enough times, you might get the answer you want. Mind blown.

Nope, watch the interview again.

Could it be a misinterpretation based on his English? Absolutely. But he did explicit answer yes when asked if he wanted it to be made into a big deal.

Jesus

Oct 5, 2006
Aww boo hoo, the suppose to be professional is pouting. The coach thought it was the best thing for the team.

Hey look im behind firing Eakins right now, but this isnt part of the reason. Yak brought this on himself.

Yeah maybe he did but a good coach should realize the mental state of his players and when things are not going well and try to remedy the issues.

I mean there can be no doubt that Yakupov is frustrated and lost and a good coach (or associate coach) would see this and try to correct it somehow. I have no doubt Krueger, for all his shortcomings, would reassure and explain things to Yakupov and help him understand what is going on.

Man management is damn important in locker-rooms and with this going public the coaching staff has failed badly in this regard. I mean this is a ridiculous distraction but it is not solely Yakupov's fault that it has come to a head like this.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
and we know this how exactly?

It was on twitter today during the press conference.

Jason Gregor ‏@JasonGregor 3h
When Yakupov was asked if he wanted Larionov to go public he smiled. Agent and player are on same page. It is noise but not major issue IMO

Jason gregor
Yakypov said he feels that Eakins doesn't trust him. He wants to help team win. Didn't ask for trade....but wants more icetime

Rob Tychkowski ‏@Sun_Tychkowski 4h
Asked if he called Larionov to Edmonton to fight for more ice time, Yakupov said "that's a tough question."

TKB21

Oct 27, 2013

Mabye they asked him that question a bunch of times because it was completely evident that he was trying to avoid answering it as much as possible. Usually if someone doesn't want to answer a question it means that they did in fact do what they are being asked about. Mind blown that you couldn't catch that.

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
They don't have them publicly complain on their behalf to the media on a very regular basis.

Huh?:shakehead

Maybe I missed all the "regular basis" media rants Larionov has had with the media. Could you help me out here?

EDIT: NM. Saw your post later in the thread.

Last edited:

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
This has all been started by Yak not the coach. Hes kept everything in the dressing room before now. Thats his job. The player went to his agent.

He obviously wasn't getting any desired response from the coach. So he went to his agent, as is perfectly within his rights.

This is the number 1 draftpick in the world we're talking about here. So Eakins needs to grab a clue.

Heres an interesting sideline.

LolBabarbara gets pulled from a game, gets all mad and breaks his stick all over the bench(nearly injuring another player nearby) and Eakins is impressed with the show of anger and decides to throw him back in. LOL continues to tank.

Last night Yak scores a goal, continues to get brutal toi, and on 4th line, and on one shift gets so frustrated he goes at a Hawk player and they have a good dust up. Yak is visibly incensed. Eakins responds by hardly playing him after.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Yeah maybe he did but a good coach should realize the mental state of his players and when things are not going well and try to remedy the issues.

I mean there can be no doubt that Yakupov is frustrated and lost and a good coach (or associate coach) would see this and try to correct it somehow. I have no doubt Krueger, for all his shortcomings, would reassure and explain things to Yakupov and help him understand what is going on.

Man management is damn important in locker-rooms and with this going public the coaching staff has failed badly in this regard. I mean this is a ridiculous distraction but it is not solely Yakupov's fault that it has come to a head like this.

Like I said, Eakins isnt getting my praise. I think on the record its self he should be fired.

This situation isnt his fault though. Yak not acting like he should.

Neatman

Mar 9, 2011
Nope, watch the interview again.

Could it be a misinterpretation based on his English? Absolutely. But he did explicit answer yes when asked if he wanted it to be made into a big deal.

'Nail, by igor saying what he said last night, by you saying what you did today, about the coach not having trust, it makes it very public, and it makes it a huge story. Did you want it to be that way, did you feel it had to be that way, is that why you're saying this so loud today."

"Again, I just want to play, we'll see in a couple days."

There is your straight up answer, straight from the interview. Do you work for Oilers PR?

Also, what the hell kind of reporting is that?

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
He obviously wasn't getting any desired response from the coach. So he went to his agent, as is perfectly within his rights.

This is the number 1 draftpick in the world we're talking about here. So Eakins needs to grab a clue.

Heres an interesting sideline.

LolBabarbara gets pulled from a game, gets all mad and breaks his stick all over the bench(nearly injuring another player nearby) and Eakins is impressed with the show of anger and decides to throw him back in. LOL continues to tank.

Last night Yak scores a goal, continues to get brutal toi, and on 4th line, and on one shift gets so frustrated he goes at a Hawk player and they have a good dust up. Yak is visibly incensed. Eakins responds by hardly playing him after.

your problem is that you expect eakins to treat each player the same, and with the same standards... if that was the case, gagner and eberle would never see the ice again this season.... clearly this is not the case, lol

(i know you don't actually think this btw)

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
It was on twitter today during the press conference.

Jason Gregor ‏@JasonGregor 3h
When Yakupov was asked if he wanted Larionov to go public he smiled. Agent and player are on same page. It is noise but not major issue IMO

Jason gregor
Yakypov said he feels that Eakins doesn't trust him. He wants to help team win. Didn't ask for trade....but wants more icetime

Asked if he called Larionov to Edmonton to fight for more ice time, Yakupov said "that's a tough question."

Did you even listen to the interview or just Gregors bs on this? Because its pretty clear you didn't see the interview. So please spare us the time rambling on spewing Gregor hate when theres an actual video of the media scrum which Gregor is distorting.

Why on earth would anybody decided to divine their opinion from spurious analysis rather than the source video. do yourself a favor and at least watch the video. You can then see all the planted to spur controversy questions and how many landmines Yak avoided in the interview.

Neatman

Mar 9, 2011
Them were questions and answers lol, how is it speculation?

Because they weren't all answers, it was speculation. Asked about whether he asked Larinov to come, he smiled. Maybe he smiled because he was uncomfortable? Maybe he didn't fully understand the question?

It was speculation.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
To be fair, this is a thread discussing with more specificity Yak and his agent. So I was referring to Yak's necessity to answer the media.

And yeah, all the players should be mad at the team's success so far. Yak is mad at his ice time.

No, Yak is mad because he isn't allowed to play enough minutes and can't help the team win games due to being on the bench so much. Again, watch the video and you see what is actually stated by Yak. I'm amazed how many people talking about this feel they should be doing that without even getting the root source information and taking the time to do that.

Without that its a bunch of he said she said gobbledegook.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
maybe you should, you know, actually WATCH the interview, instead of basing your "evidence" off of twitter?

You watch the press conference live? I missed it, and I know the Raw videos leave lots out in compared to the full podcasts usally. Dont know if thats the case here, but Rob Tychkowski was there. Lets see what he said.

Yakupov essentially backs up everything Larionov said. He's unhappy, feels he deserves more minutes

Rob Tychkowski ‏@Sun_Tychkowski 2h
“We have to do something because I don’t see any trust to me now because I play lower and lower minutes." - #Oilers Nail Yakupov

“I just want to play. If it’s not going to be more and more, we’ll have to figure out something.†- Yakupov on his future in Edmonton

Yikes, speaks volumes on Yak right there.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Weird interview by Yakupov.

It's obvious this has developed out of Eakin's double standards when it comes to ice time, but it is also troubling and disappointing in how quickly Yak resorted to the public circus to get his way in this matter.

It's also blatantly obvious that this is one step from a trade demand, if it's not already in the system.

Eakins and his "earn your ice time" speech in his interview was nuts too, the guy is utterly oblivious.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
You watch the press conference live? I missed it, and I know the Raw videos leave lots out in compared to the full podcasts usally. Dont know if thats the case here, but Rob Tychkowski was there. Lets see what he said.

Yakupov essentially backs up everything Larionov said. He's unhappy, feels he deserves more minutes

“We have to do something because I don’t see any trust to me now because I play lower and lower minutes." - #Oilers Nail Yakupov

“I just want to play. If it’s not going to be more and more, we’ll have to figure out something.†- Yakupov on his future in Edmonton

Yikes, speaks volumes on Yak right there.

for the love of god, watch the video yourself... here, i'll even provide you a link: http://video.oilers.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=4&id=482878

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
it couldn't be more obvious from the interview that yak is very frustrated and doesn't understand what the coach wants from him.... you can see that he is fearing for his hockey career... he just wants to play, and eakins simply REFUSING to talk to yak about this is just making the situation worse

eakins is personally running yakupov out of town by refusing to talk about playing time or trust.... how this is acceptable is BEYOND ME... i feel like i'm taking crazy pills

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->