Igor Larionov to Edmonton (Re: Yakupov) - Part II

SeriousBusiness

T.Hall da man
Oct 5, 2003
Though Yak got himself into this it is messed up how the media worked him over. No way they ask crap like this to anyone else on the team including coaching and management.

Real BS. MacT should have been there to control the situation no question.

Yak is a goner.

No, Yak brought this on himself by first playing poorly this season, and second, by having his agent fly in and fight his battles for him. He has to deal with it. He has to answer the tough questions from the media.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Cant believe Yak is putting himself before the team. Not impressed and I love the kid.

Starting to remind me of a Kovalchuk.

Neatman

Mar 9, 2011
No, Yak brought this on himself by first playing poorly this season, and second, by having his agent fly in and fight his battles for him. He has to deal with it. He has to answer the tough questions from the media.

Where are the tough questions towards management? Do you honestly not see how big of a joke it is that they grill Yakupov, and not the ringleaders of the circus? Not even the "leaders" of the team that is once again rolling in the dirt.

Yakupov put himself in a bad position, no doubt, but he's clearly a scapegoat here. Open your eyes :shakehead

TKB21

Oct 27, 2013

I agree, After watching the media scrum with him it was evident that he went to Larionov and complained like a little girl about his role with the team. If you have something to say, say it to the freaking coach, sort it out with him, don't turn this into a media field day you dumb *******!

BOUNCE

Jul 22, 2007
Edmonton
Cant believe Yak is putting himself before the team. Not impressed and I love the kid.

Starting to remind me of a Kovalchuk.

I really don't blame the kid for putting himself ahead of this **** show. I hope we do trade him so we can watch him become a 30-40 goal scorer on another team.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
I agree, After watching the media scrum with him it was evident that he went to Larionov and complained like a little girl about his role with the team. If you have something to say, say it to the freaking coach, sort it out with him, don't turn this into a media field day you dumb *******!

tough to have a conversation with the coach when he won't even meet with you (eakins words, not mine)

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
No, Eakins brought this on himself by coaching poorly this season,. He has to deal with it. He has to answer the tough questions from the media.
fixed

or

No, MacT brought this on himself by managing poorly this season,. He has to deal with it. He has to answer the tough questions from the media

Except this doesn't happen does it?

SeriousBusiness

T.Hall da man
Oct 5, 2003
Where are the tough questions towards management? Do you honestly not see how big of a joke it is that they grill Yakupov, and not the ringleaders of the circus? Not even the "leaders" of the team that is once again rolling in the dirt.

Yakupov put himself in a bad position, no doubt, but he's clearly a scapegoat here. Open your eyes :shakehead

I never said anything about the lack of questioning of management, so please keep the personal insults out of this.

If you actually watched the raw interview, Yak was asked directly if he wanted a big deal made of this situation, and if that's why Larionov came out publicly and made this a circus. He specifically said yes. So he needs to deal with it. It's exactly what he wanted.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
I really don't blame the kid for putting himself ahead of this **** show. I hope we do trade him so we can watch him become a 30-40 goal scorer on another team.

Yep I hope we trade him also, dont need a cancer like this on the team. Its a team game.

TKB21

Oct 27, 2013
tough to have a conversation with the coach when he won't even meet with you (eakins words, not mine)

Huh? Eakins has talked to yakupov the most out of any player. You would think that might be a prime time to bring up your complaints? or would that rely on to much common sense?

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Does anyone know what the protocol is for player interviews? Honestly that scrum may yet be another example of the Yak scapegoating by Eakins and Co.

"I'm sure Yakupov doesn't want to come out here in front of the cameras but If he or his agent feel they need to do that then that is there choice" Eakins

So Yakupov has to be held accountable for going to his agent and explain to the media why Larionov is asking for more ice time. Fine.

It's actually a pretty half assed way to stand by your player if you're going to make him face the media right now....and even if it is an appropriate response for someone going public...it also is an arrogant strategy that implies the management/coach are oblivious to the context--the fact that this situation stems from their own mistakes.

Once again, there is no accountability in the organization; just a thin xenophobic veil of "blame the new guy" on a team bleeding prime scoring chances like it's going out of style.

Sidenote; in a BS hypothetical experiment if Yakupov was somehow even on the season (+/-), he would probably be the best defensive forward on a team still tied for last in GA.

Sidenote#2; Selke finalist Boyd Gordon is a -8 right now.

Last edited:

SeriousBusiness

T.Hall da man
Oct 5, 2003
fixed

or

No, MacT brought this on himself by managing poorly this season,. He has to deal with it. He has to answer the tough questions from the media

Except this doesn't happen does it?

The response to this is similar to the one I just gave. The management should be asked tough questions. They should have been asked tough questions months ago, and weren't. I never said they were immune, so why are you implying I did?

Like I said before, Yak specifically wanted this to be made into a big deal. It shows either a lack of maturity or character on his part, I'm not sure which.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
except we can't trade a coach... how are we going to trade the cancer on the team when he is a coach?

This has all been started by Yak not the coach. Hes kept everything in the dressing room before now. Thats his job. The player went to his agent.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Eakins said he talks to Nail all the time though in his presser? Who to believe?

he said he talks to him about his game, as in he talks to him at practice.... yakupov is worried about the coaches trust in him, and rightfully so, after scoring the tying goal and proceeding to get benched for the rest of the game

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Aww boo hoo, the suppose to be professional is pouting. The coach thought it was the best thing for the team.

Hey look im behind firing Eakins right now, but this isnt part of the reason. Yak brought this on himself.

i don't think he did though.... he is doing everything he is supposed to be doing and is still being benched for no reason whatsoever

i don't know the details of what happened between larionov and yakupov that made larionov go public, so i'm not going to pretend to know.... if you do know, please enlighten us.... if you don't, then you are only guessing and have no clue (just like the rest of us)

i'm basing my opinions on what yakupov and eakins both *said*, not guesses as to what happened in the background that we are unaware of.... both yakupov and eakins said (go watch the pressers again) that neither had talked to one another about this problem... don't you think a coach should be having these sorts of conversations with his players? how is that yakupovs fault?

Gobo

Stop looking Gare
Jun 29, 2010
Aww boo hoo, the suppose to be professional is pouting. The coach thought it was the best thing for the team.

Hey look im behind firing Eakins right now, but this isnt part of the reason. Yak brought this on himself.

By doing what? Being a sieve defensively just like Hall & Eberle are? By at least trying to be physical unlike 90% of our team? By playing with Smyth more often than anyone else? Please tell me what he did that was so blasphemous.

Here's my issue with all the Yak hate. He's 19. Hall's 21, Eberle's 23. Both making 6 million a year. While they were afforded the "rebuilding" and "oh they're learning" and "they're still young" excuses, Yak isn't allowed any of that. Why? Cause those before him, and those around him couldn't deliver so we're forced to depreciate the value of what may eventually amount to our best player. Hall & Ebs got the free pass during the rebuild, now they somehow still are able to deflect responsibility when the team is supposedly ready to win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->