Iggy: Best To Move On?

Status
Not open for further replies.

acr*

I don't think that's entirely true. The options were likely dependent on the cap. With the decision being made for the lower end of the cap it pretty much left Chiarelli with no flexibility for what he could offer Iginla.

If the cap went to the high end, we still couldn't have given him multi-year deal, which is what he wants.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Jarome Iginla hitting market. Colorado, Minnesota, Tampa and Detroit among teams interested... could be more.

OLD51JOHN

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
Iginla???

Do you think that this team can make the playoffs without him??? If the answer is yes ... Will all the naysayers go home til then ....The hew and cry thru out the season is I cant wait til the end of the regular season ...I think that it is a great chance to see if our kids can play in the bigs.. If not then you make a trade... If we dont play our draftees some time why do we draft them ??

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
this sucks. good luck finding a better fit. In february when everyone is complaining that we're soft on the wings I hope all the Iggy haters remember this day.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Yes the Bruins can do it. Remember, they lost Mark Recchi to retirement but were back in the playoffs in 2012 and 2013.

acr*

No big loss, imo. He had a good season, but I think we can find a suitable replacement internally or through trade.

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010
Jarome Iginla will go down in Boston history as a one-year stopgap player on a team that was ousted from playoffs in the second round. And then the sun came up the next day. Good luck with remainder of career, Jarome.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Let the HFBoston smear campaign begin!

let's be honest, it already started weeks ago. 500+ goals including another 35 with this team and yet by the summer's end people will have themselves convinced he's a scrub if they don't already.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Iggy leaves he is dead to me I can't wish him success. If he's not in the spoked B the heck with him.

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
Colorado and Minnesota absolutely have a chance at winning a cup within the next 2 or 3 years which is what he'd likely be signed for.

No they don't, IMO. The Avs will take a step back, it's inevitable. Everyone on that roster had career years. The Wild caught lightning in a bottle in the playoffs.

When you have the Kings (who are still pretty young), the Hawks (who are the Hawks), the Ducks (who are only getting better) and the Sharks (they are still good) that you have to leap frog? No chance.

hoss75

Nov 8, 2008
Cambridge, MA
let's be honest, it already started weeks ago. 500+ goals including another 35 with this team and yet by the summer's end people will have themselves convinced he's a scrub if they don't already.

Yup, the guy was great for us and somehow slotting Loui with Krejci and Lucic is gonna replace a leading scorer.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Yup, the guy was great for us and somehow slotting Loui with Krejci and Lucic is gonna replace a leading scorer.

I love how people **** on Loui all season and now they have no problem putting him on the first line. Personally I think he'll be fine there, but spin from people here is insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille