If Yugoslavia still existed....what would the national team look like today?

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Being a Scandinavian I have never heard anyone consider Finland as a part of Scandinavia. Common "mistake" among Brits and North-Americans though.

Finland is part of what we consider the Nordics. Same with Iceland and the other territories mentioned.

Reactions: QuietContrarian

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Being a Scandinavian I have never heard anyone consider Finland as a part of Scandinavia. Common "mistake" among Brits and North-Americans though.

Finland is part of what we consider the Nordics. Same with Iceland and the other territories mentioned.

Yes, I just read from Wikipedia. A Scandinavian resident should know better.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Wikipedia says "sometimes" it is referred to as a part of Scandinavia. Don't know much about them, but that's what I read.
Culturally and linguistically is where Finland is not considered part of Scandi.

Geographically, it could be argued that Denmark is not part of Scandinavia.

But for most, Scandinavia is just DK,NO and SE.

Last edited:

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Soviet.

Akinfeev
Fernandes - Ignashevich - Kutepov - Zhirkov
Zobnin
Yarmolenko - Mkhitaryan - Golovin - Konoplyanka
Kokorin

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Those are some bad picks, and Iceland is not part of Scandinavia.

You can find better in Scandi, this team is affected by heavy Swedish bias.

ehm, that post was from 2016.

2018 version if Sweden/Denmark/Norway/Finland/Iceland was combined:

Schmeichel

Lustig - Lindelöf - Granqvist - Augustinsson

Delaney - Ekdal

Sigurdsson - Eriksen - Forsberg

Zlatan

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
ehm, that post was from 2016.

2018 version if Sweden/Denmark/Norway/Finland/Iceland was combined:

Schmeichel

Lustig - Lindelöf - Granqvist - Augustinsson

Delaney - Ekdal

Sigurdsson - Eriksen - Forsberg

Zlatan
I still think that all SWE defense can be better with the adition of a few Danish CB's.

And wass or Durmisi could also challenge for fullback.

Btw poor Norway, so bad we have to use non Scandi icelandic players.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I still think that all SWE defense can be better with the adition of a few Danish CB's.

And wass or Durmisi could also challenge for fullback.

Btw poor Norway, so bad we have to use non Scandi icelandic players.

Lindelöf or Kjaer....same thing.

Christiansen have better potential than Granqvist and will be the better player, but Granqvist right now is the better player, Granqvist could play in a big team but he is too old now for that.

Wass and Durmisi have good skills with the ball but are lacking the defensive skills that Lustig and Agustinsson have.

Norway was good in the 90s/early 00s.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008

Christiansen have better potential than Granqvist and will be the better player, but Granqvist right now is the better player, Granqvist could play in a big team but he is too old now for that.

Wass and Durmisi have good skills with the ball but are lacking the defensive skills that Lustig and Agustinsson have.

I fully disagree:)

But hey, that's what forums are for.

I find Lindelof way overrated btw.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Norway got a lot of decent players and some very good young ones, but I don't see anyone that would be an obvious pick in a "Scandinavian team".

Not sure if King is any worse than Zlatan these days. Would certainly be a better fit for a team built around counter attacking than Zlatan aka 2018. Moi Elyounoussi would give that team some pace and ability to get passed players down the wing. Berge I believe would soon be a given in midfield, but he got much of last season ruined by an injury - let's see how he looks come mid August. Ajer wouldn't look lost, but hard to argue that he would warrant a place just yet. Norway got a lot of decent young players (Berge and Ajer being the most promising), but no-one remotely close to Eriksen and Forsberg. And no-one as established as Kjær, Delaney, Granqvist...

I would probably include Elyounoussi, but that is about it.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Soviet.

Akinfeev
Fernandes - Ignashevich - Kutepov - Zhirkov
Zobnin
Yarmolenko - Mkhitaryan - Golovin - Konoplyanka
Kokorin
Yarmolenko has been pretty average lately. Marlos is a better Ukrainian

Also, Rakitsky, Dzhikiya and Vasin are all better than Kutepov.

Dzyuba and Smolov over Kokorin.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Christiansen is easily the best Scandinavian CB...like it’s not even close. Vestegaard is probably the second best Scandinavian CB, although Mou ruining Lindelof is part of that.

Reactions: QuietContrarian

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
u'd pretty much just be turning this croatian team into a superteam with incredible depth if u added matic, dzeko, the savic's, pjanic, jovetic, kolasinac, ilicic

Reactions: mfilipo3

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad