Speculation: If you were Kyle Dubas, what moves are you making for the Leafs at the TDL?

Loimike

Feb 26, 2013
Toronto
Ideally Dubas would get a scoring forward like Meier and top 4 D like Chychryn but since some teams have more assets than Leafs I expect some minor moves like adding Luke Schenn or a bottom 6 forward.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
To Columbus
Matt Murray
2023 3rd Ott

To Toronto
Jonas Korpisalo
Mathieu Olivier

To Chicago
2023 1st Tor
Holmburg

To Toronto
Jake McCabe

To Ducks
Joey Anderson
2024 4th Tor

To Toronto
Adam Henrique

Bunting Matthews Marner
Knies Tavares Nylander
Jarnkrok Kerfoot Henrique
Engvall Kampf Olivier
ZAR

Reilly Brodie
McCabe Holl
Giordano Liljegren
Sandin

Samsonov
Korpisalo

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Posting here as I was hoping for a bigger discussion on the correct move so we can come back and look at it later on and see. I am looking for what moves you would make.

Ideally posts are more than just "Go get the best at this position" and more "I'd get player x".

Toronto is basically locked into playing Tampa in round 1. So I think this should be kept in mind for what moves they should make. It is also safe to assume if he is not moved, Knies will join the team in a depth role and provide some grit in the bottom 6.
Versatile middle 6 player, would prob be ideal target.

I would also look to find a 3rd goalie and/or move on from Murray and find a solid 2nd to play behind samsonov. Just not sure I trust Murray to stay healthy.

Maybe a 4th line physical presence

I don’t really think the leafs need defense.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
To Columbus
Matt Murray
2023 3rd Ott

To Toronto
Jonas Korpisalo
Mathieu Olivier

To Chicago
2023 1st Tor
Holmburg

To Toronto
Jake McCabe

To Ducks
Joey Anderson
2024 4th Tor

To Toronto
Adam Henrique

Bunting Matthews Marner
Knies Tavares Nylander
Jarnkrok Kerfoot Henrique
Engvall Kampf Olivier
ZAR

Reilly Brodie
McCabe Holl
Giordano Liljegren
Sandin

Samsonov
Korpisalo
I can’t imagine Anaheim or columbus say yes to those.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Trade for someone like Max Domi for middle 6 or 3rd line center support.

And get someone young who could be a cheap energy 3rd/4th kinda fill the Mikheyev spot, maybe Motte, I know less production but a 2way forechecking guy I know is likely available

Reactions: kevsh

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Versatile middle 6 player, would prob be ideal target.

I would also look to find a 3rd goalie and/or move on from Murray and find a solid 2nd to play behind samsonov. Just not sure I trust Murray to stay healthy.

Maybe a 4th line physical presence

I don’t really think the leafs need defense.

They do have 4th line physical players already. 4th line depth is not the issue at all. They have ZAR, Hunt, and Simmonds for that role nevermind Clifford. They need either a 3rd liner who can carry a line which is basically a top 6 player, or a top 6 player to push down some guys to give the 3rd line multiple players who can score.

Samsonov is the starter, Murray might only give you 10 games but might be all we need. His resume is btter than anyone we could get. No moves coming there

Defense is 9th in xga and 6th in ga/g so agreed. People saying they need to add are saying you need a top 3 D to win the cup which is bs.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
*checks standings* Leafs are a top 5 team.
Get back to us after the playoffs.
On the question i still believe if the Leafs somehow got Karlsson in their lineup during the playoffs they would have a great shot at the cup but since they are not willing to part with anything of value it doesn't look very good.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ted Hoffman

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Posting here as I was hoping for a bigger discussion on the correct move so we can come back and look at it later on and see. I am looking for what moves you would make.

Ideally posts are more than just "Go get the best at this position" and more "I'd get player x".

Toronto is basically locked into playing Tampa in round 1. So I think this should be kept in mind for what moves they should make. It is also safe to assume if he is not moved, Knies will join the team in a depth role and provide some grit in the bottom 6.

Despite HNIC and Bieksa loudly proclaiming that their record against teams with the worst records doesn't matter because "they won't face them in the playoffs", their inability to get up for all games is an issue. It's a lackadaisical approach that comes from a group with no alpha in the room. They need a leader; a vet with winning pedigree to come in and wrangle the troops. Hold people accountable.

Reactions: ryno23

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
This Boston team looks like it's one of destiny

I dont think i go all in. Probably upgrade kerfoot to RoR and call it a TD

Hope we can beat Tampa in round 1 and then play a tough series with Boston and hope for the best

I don't want to buy with how good the Bruins and Canes even for that matter are.

Think the gap btw toronto and those two teams is multiple moves which are tough to pull at the deadline

Reactions: SheldonJPlankton

nofehr

Dec 17, 2012
This post needed at least one more cliche for me to leave a like.
All I know is that their backs are against the wall and they need to give 110%. They could get another forward since the best defense is a good offense, however offense sells tickets but defense wins championships.

They need to take it one game at a time with blood, sweat and tears, and play for the crest on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back. After all, it’s a marathon not a sprint.

They seem to have good chemistry, which they’ll need to overcome adversity. They just need to find that one player who’s got a great work ethic and is at the top of their game right now

The ball is in your court, Dubas.

• Haha
Reactions: Petrus

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
1676334247503.png

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
Nothing or depth pieces. This window is a lot longer than people care to admit, at least 7 more years. The team is good enough they just have to want it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad