If you were GM...

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
What if giving up the C helped Sasha get back his breakaway & shootout mojo back.

In all seriousness, it seems like he’s trying too hard because he has the C. I would like to see how he performs without that burden. I just don’t know if they would strip him like that.

-ghoste

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
What if giving up the C helped Sasha get back his breakaway & shootout mojo back.

In all seriousness, it seems like he’s trying too hard because he has the C. I would like to see how he performs without that burden. I just don’t know if they would strip him like that.

-ghoste

I don't think he would mind... Just too much to ask for him. Nothing against him but he is not the right person for it... Let it be Ekblad, Weegar now. Stillman later on. Other that that I don't think we have anymore core leaders

And Yandle is a clown.

Reactions: Ghoste

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I could see Bergevin being interested. Local kid and Montreal needs a lefty on defense. I think they even have cap room to do it.

Huby+Math

For

Kotkaniemi + 1st ( probably around 10th oveeall)

?

WTF! Kotkaniemi is no superstar in the makings. Please no more god damn Finns. We players with fire under there butt and an edge

Reactions: RealHumanBean

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Who's the last 19 year old to do that in a Panthers Jersey?

I think Kotka pans out as a #2C realistically. Which obviously isn't enough for Huby but then you add a first in this years draft which is probably a top ten pick.

Plus we're basically dumping seven years of Matheson lol. And gaining a shit ton of cap space.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Seriously don’t understand the rush to trade a PPG player on a sweet contract. That Montreal proposal is terrible. He’s in a slump but he’s still good. Y’all are acting like he’s some one time wonder.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Seriously don’t understand the rush to trade a PPG player on a sweet contract. That Montreal proposal is terrible. He’s in a slump but he’s still good. Y’all are acting like he’s some one time wonder.

You do realize Kotka is a top three pick from two years ago? Plus we'd get another top 10 pick while taking no salary back and dumping Matheson.

What do you think Huby should be worth? Three top ten picks? Never seen that before.

I agree no rush to trade him.

Reactions: harv33173

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
You do realize Kotka is a top three pick from two years ago? Plus we'd get another top 10 pick while taking no salary back and dumping Matheson.

What do you think Huby should be worth? Three top ten picks? Never seen that before.

I agree no rush to trade him.
I would do a one for one swap. Anything with quantity for is almost always a loser trade

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl

-ghoste
You can’t just strip Barkov of his C without insulting him. Instead, give everyone a C and say “everyone is captain now” or something progressive like that.

Reactions: 5 Hole

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
Huby is for sure walking when his contract is up. He’s irritated he’s been in playoffs one time in nine years under Dales 5 year plan. His best friend was just traded. If Ownership is smart they’ll fire Dale and hire someone to trade Huby.

Reactions: klabob

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
You can’t just strip Barkov of his C without insulting him. Instead, give everyone a C and say “everyone is captain now” or something progressive like that.

I dont think Barkov would care more likely be happy

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Huby is for sure walking when his contract is up. He’s irritated he’s been in playoffs one time in nine years under Dales 5 year plan. His best friend was just traded. If Ownership is smart they’ll fire Dale and hire someone to trade Huby.
He has more friends in the dressing room than Vinnie and his family loves South Florida. Not so sure he is going anywhere.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
I know the current gm hasn't really placed this team on the winning track, but it makes me feel better about his body of work after reading of these posts

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I was going to make a thread about this, but illl put it here for now:

since Barkov most likely isn’t going anywhere because he’s out top center and we have no center depth now as it is, and Ekblad is most likely staying since he’s our top D and we don’t have any depth on D, huberdeau would be the most likely to go if we entertained moving any of those 3:

having said that, which one would you rather prefer, trading him for a top pairing D (not a #1 D so to speak. A 1st line D) or a 2nd line center with a capable top-4 D? I may lean towards the second option due to the fact that other than haula there aren’t any centers available this offseason unless we trade for one. We could fill that hole with a solid 2nd line center and add depth to our D. We’ll need both either way. But then again getting a top pairing D is harder, so maybe go that route with huberdeau and then trade other assets to acquire a second line capable center. Finding depth D is easier obviously than a first pairing capable defender.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
I was going to make a thread about this, but illl put it here for now:

since Barkov most likely isn’t going anywhere because he’s out top center and we have no center depth now as it is, and Ekblad is most likely staying since he’s our top D and we don’t have any depth on D, huberdeau would be the most likely to go if we entertained moving any of those 3:

having said that, which one would you rather prefer, trading him for a top pairing D (not a #1 D so to speak. A 1st line D) or a 2nd line center with a capable top-4 D? I may lean towards the second option due to the fact that other than haula there aren’t any centers available this offseason unless we trade for one. We could fill that hole with a solid 2nd line center and add depth to our D. We’ll need both either way. But then again getting a top pairing D is harder, so maybe go that route with huberdeau and then trade other assets to acquire a second line capable center. Finding depth D is easier obviously than a first pairing capable defender.
Second option, just due to the fact it fills more holes at a similar cap hit (hopefully). Ekblad is really the only dependable dman right now, and getting more quality depth at two positions is better than stacking one position.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad