Proposal: If you were David Poile what do you do in the off-season? Just for fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
PK going to LA makes zero sense. they are rebuilding. why would they take another massive contract on top of doughty's as well too? LA is one of the last teams PK would be traded too for multiple reasons.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
NMC just means the player has the power to reject. Also, does LA eat contract? Also, I don't know if PK were to go. If he turns to playoff PK, the contract is glorious. I was spitballin' about Dougherty. I just have a feeling that PK has an unofficial trade list of LA and Toronto.

I understand what a NMC is, but people don't negotiate them into their contract just to waive it in Year 1. I also fail to see why the Kings would want to trade him for PK plus give up assets to do it. PK can have whatever trade list he wants, but we specifically failed to honor his NTC in his contract when we acquired him so I don't see why we would let him have a more restrictive unofficial one.

PredsHead

Nov 14, 2018
PK's return will be for more than just his value on the ice. That guy will sell a hell of a lot more jerseys, t-shirts, etc. than 99% of the league.

I would say IF he is moved, then you are right. He will probably be moved to a team who needs a good personality for marketing and fan relations. Florida would probably be the most likely IMO, they have an owner who has deep pockets but they have too many empty seats most nights. Arizona and Ottawa could use him from a marketing prospective but may balk at his salary. Carolina could as well but they already have too many defensemn next year so not sure that would be a fit. Would you do a Subban-Ekblad swap ala the Weber-Subban deal? Subban has a bad back and Ekblad has a history of concussions so they both carry some risk. Ekblad is much younger and also signed for longer but has only showed flashes of what PK has, and he doesn't put "butts in seats" as they say. They also have Borgstrom and other young prospects plus most if not all of their picks if you wanted to go that route.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
No offense but a team isnt giving up a haul to get Subban just because their attendance sucks. As far as we're concerned Ellis is far worse this year which, of course, leads us into the rabbithole of wondering why anyone would trade for a player we're upset with. The notion of "this dude sucks, let's trade him" doesn't typically hold much weight

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Go to Edmonton and tell Katz, he is going to make money with or without McDavid then offer him any 4 roster players or picks he wants and say I am not leaving town without him!!

Reactions: JGeorge54

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Find a cottage in Northern Ontario and drink. Drink like my life depended on it

I imagine he's headed to his house in/near Naples Florida and playing golf.

Poile needs to fire the coaches , but he won't

Edit. Actually I wonder how passive the ownership is, maybe some heat ought to be blown poiles way

And I wonder if he's son is slated to follow him. I wonder if that is why Fenton left.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I imagine he's headed to his house in/near Naples Florida and playing golf.

Poile needs to fire the coaches , but he won't

Edit. Actually I wonder how passive the ownership is, maybe some heat ought to be blown poiles way

And I wonder if he's son is slated to follow him. I wonder if that is why Fenton left.

That would be a huge mistake.

Im guessing Fenton left because Poile decided to stick around for this "window" and he was tired of waiting, especially when the Wild job came open.

Id say Kealty probably gets the job if Poile retires and the team is doing well, with Brian being 2nd in command and hoping to either succed Kealty or find a GM job with another org.

But if this team craps the bed again next year, Poile may be forced to "retire" and ownership may look elsewhere.

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
Sorry to rez a little bit of a necro'd thread (was on front page to be fair :oops:)

Hearing rumors that contract talks have already started with Boyle. Didn't think they could do that until July 1?

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Sorry to rez a little bit of a necro'd thread (was on front page to be fair :oops:)

Hearing rumors that contract talks have already started with Boyle. Didn't think they could do that until July 1?

I'll write something but then 101st will crap on me and life's already got me down.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville

He is under contract with the team, they can negotiate an extension at any time. It’s only the other 30 teams that can’t talk to him or his agent.

Reactions: PJ817

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007

No, since hes ours and a pending UFA, we can talk any time

Reactions: PJ817

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
3. I trade pk subban for Jonathan Huberdeau if Florida would do that. Either way I'm trading Subban. I put my faith in fabbro to be a top 4

4. I'm trading pekka to anyone that would take him. Maybe to someone to get to the cap floor. 5 million a year is to much for a declining goalie.

What would the ask be from Edmonton for Pekka and Subban?

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
You people are delusional if you think Poile trades Pekka. Hallucinating even. Hes more likely to sign me to an ELC.

Reactions: Tex76

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I'd be down for that. Obviously if Subban has a strong postseason again and is our best d-man, then I might look to move Ellis instead.

Moving Subban(or Ellis) for another defenseman without getting a substantial offensive weapon in the deal makes no sense. The only way that makes some sense is if we need to move Subbans cap hit to sign Duchene, but i have no idea what Larssons contract status is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad