If you were buying a jersey now, whose name would you put on it?

Whose name would you put on your jersey?

• Connor

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • Copp

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Ehlers

Votes: 11 8.9%
  • Laine

Votes: 28 22.6%
  • Little

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Lowry

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Roslovic

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • Scheifele

Votes: 44 35.5%
  • Tanev

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Wheeler

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • Byfuglien

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Morrissey

Votes: 16 12.9%
  • Myers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trouba

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Hellebuyck

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other

Votes: 8 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Buff, because he's the closest to my age, and I can't really reconcile putting a veritable kid's name on a jersey I own. I feel name plates should be reserved for players you respect and revere, as in your heroes. I also don't have a problem with people who use the name plates in an ironic manner. I actually toyed with the idea of getting a Tim Stapleton jersey for this reason.

I guess it would be a Scott Campbell jersey for me, then. :laugh:

Wolf357

Jul 16, 2011
I actually like seeing all the Ladd, Bogo jerseys at games...it’s kinda a time stamp and means that the Jets are starting to build our own history. Nothing wrong with having a Trades or retired players name on the back of your jersey... unless it’s a Kane or possible Trouba... if the player leaves on good terms it’s no issue having that players name on your jersey

Reactions: scelaton and Spock

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I own too many Jets jerseys, even from 1.0 era I have Hawerchuk, Steen, Selanne, Tkachuk, Numminen, Zhamnov, Shannon, even Khabibulin.

I have so many from the 2.0 era, had Evander Kane but now it's an Andrew Copp jersey. Managed to have five Adidas jerseys now. Scheifele, Hellebuyck, Morrissey and Laine.

thistleswamp

Second Overall
Jun 7, 2011
Deloraine
I had a Home Kane - now it’s a nameless 9 (would be happy to put Copp’s name on it), signed Home Laine, signed Home Hellebuyck (it’s a #30 though, won it at a the Kidsport gold tourney), and a blank HC. The obvious choice for my HC is 55, but I would love a 17 on the back. Lowsy is one hell of a guy!

Wolf357

Jul 16, 2011
Only things I don’t like seeing are historically inaccurate Jerseys. Not sure why but it just irritates me.
Hawerchuck in a ‘90s Jets Jersey or Selänne in a 80’s Jets Jersey..

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
In 2013 I bought my first Jets jersey since the 90's, it was a blank no name white away game jersey. In Montreal, I was at a sports store and was almost tempted, millimeters away in fact in buying my first Habs red home jersey with Subban's name on the back, glad I didn't. Then again I was tempted to pick up a Radulov's jersey, glad I didn't. Then yet again for Gallagher but declined at the last moment fearing that all of my prospective named jerseys ended up being players who were traded. Then I was aiming for a John Scott jersey but he only played one game and retired. I ended buying a blank red home jersey finally. I attended a Jets / Habs game in Montreal and gave a lady friend my blank Jets jersey and let her take it home with her to keep as a souvinir, I wore the Habs jersey to that game but was cheering for the Jets. Last winter before the playoffs I had ordered online for a Jets jersey with 29 Laine's name on the back. Considering my luck with selecting names for jerseys that always have a record for being traded, I'm crossing my fingers Laine will stay with the Jets!

koth

Feb 5, 2013
Winnipeg
I have a Wheeler Heritage Classic jersey, and an Enstrom home jersey from Year 1. I think I'll go with a Morrissey to replace that one.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
I have a scheifele heritage classic but I'm going to pick up a Laine one this year. Maybe the new third if it's nice.
Anyone has any idea if Jets are actually going to get that third jersey?

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Anyone has any idea if Jets are actually going to get that third jersey?

Whatever excitement and anticipation I felt when @Jet leaked the news has long since dissipated. I think True North is too busy promoting their Dinosaurs of Rock concerts at the Burt right now.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
I’m buying either a Laine or Buff jersey before the World Series game in Helsinki. Which one should I get?

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Whatever excitement and anticipation I felt when @Jet leaked the news has long since dissipated. I think True North is too busy promoting their Dinosaurs of Rock concerts at the Burt right now.

I can't believe they still haven't released it. I wonder if they will at the first preseason home game?

Reactions: Laine Fan

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
I have a home Scheif, away Laine, and a blank heritage. Was debating Connor/Ehlers, but haven’t pulled he trigger yet.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I can't believe they still haven't released it. I wonder if they will at the first preseason home game?

When they found out you leaked the design, they went back to the drawing board for a whole new concept. ;)

Reactions: Jet

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I'd go Connor, Petan or Niku I'd think.
Well, I really hope you went with Connor. :)

For the poll question, I have a hard time deciding but I’m very heavily considering Pionk for my next jersey. Perhaps a Reverse Retro (if you can still get those).

Reactions: KingBogo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad