If You Could Remove One Current Player From The NHL, Who Would it Be, and Why?

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
If remove him is it as if he never existed in the league? If so I'm getting rid of Malkin so the wings have another cup. If not getting rid of Matthews just to f*** with leaf fans.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
McDavid, to watch all of Canada weep.
:)

j/k

Roussel because my blood pressure spikes when i see his face.

Reactions: QuietContrarian

zizbuka

Apr 4, 2017
Malkin. Sneaky dirty players are worse than in your face dirty players.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Uncle Leo and Cluttersuck are probably the 2 worst and most useless players in the entire league but Cal gets the nod for his neverending whinging about the commute to Brooklyn. And he also got that stupid contract in part because he was best friends with another guy I'd love to be able to wish away into a corn field like in The Twilight Zone.

Reactions: Psych0dad

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
McDavid, cause then the Avs would have the best player in the league on our team. :laugh:

Obviously joking in case some folks cant understand that. The league would be significantly worse off without such an elite talent playing in it.

Ryan Kesler is the player who immediately came to my mind. Has to be one of the dirtiest players in the league, one of the biggest whiners in the league, and he only gets exponentially worse when his team is losing badly. He's one of the few players in the league I see actively targeting rookies and young guys in the league with dirt cheap shots when the Ducks are losing. Easily my least favorite player in the league.

seancolorado

Oct 8, 2011
Ryan Kesler is the player who immediately came to my mind. Has to be one of the dirtiest players in the league, one of the biggest whiners in the league, and he only gets exponentially worse when his team is losing badly. He's one of the few players in the league I see actively targeting rookies and young guys in the league with dirt cheap shots when the Ducks are losing. Easily my least favorite player in the league.

Funny because, as a fellow Avs fan, his name immediately came to mind, making me wonder if his antics were disproportionately heavier on the Avs or if he is a consistent prick leaguewide

Cal Clutterbuck is the other one I thought of

But honestly, even though I know this is a hypothetical, I wouldn't remove anyone. I feel like that would provide an imbalance with the NHL dark side and force

Reactions: sabremike

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Antoine Roussel because he’s a little *****.

I feel like saying a player on your team because he has a bad contract isn’t really the point of this thread...but if it’s allowed...easily David Backes. Ironically enough, David Backes was the replacement for another player that another fan base does not want anymore: Loui Eriksson.

Second on Roussel, hate that dude. At least Wilson could be a good player when he cleans his game up.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Funny because, as a fellow Avs fan, his name immediately came to mind, making me wonder if his antics were disproportionately heavier on the Avs or if he is a consistent prick leaguewide

Cal Clutterbuck is the other one I thought of

But honestly, even though I know this is a hypothetical, I wouldn't remove anyone. I feel like that would provide an imbalance with the NHL dark side and force
Cluttersuck being on a power play unit may be the stupidest thing in all of hockey so far this season. I love Trotz but I have absolutely no idea what the hell he is thinking here.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Ryan Kesler & Corey Perry cause their contracts would disappear with them.
Both should just retire. Neither plays like a pest anymore.
Kesler is like a 4th line center being paid like a 2nd line center.

bobc222

Mar 10, 2017
Byfuglien- gets away with way to much, will cross check you in the neck, face, etc...even if you are already laid out defenseless. Done it on more than one occasion. Plays like he actually is trying to commit murder.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad