If You Could Remove One Current Player From The NHL, Who Would it Be, and Why?

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
You have the ability to remove one player from the NHL, for whatsoever reason you choose. The person’s cap hit disappears along with them.

Who do you choose to remove and why? Maybe a division rival’s superstar to increase your team’s chances in the playoffs, maybe a goon you think is bad for the reputation of the game, maybe an overpaid player on your own team...

P.S. this person is not materially harmed by removal, it’s not a personal-level “punishment”. Whoever you remove will enjoy the exact same quality of life, happiness, personal sense of fulfilment etc. as they would have if they stayed in the league.

Reactions: DominikBokkFan

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
It's pretty obvious he's why OP made this thread...

Nope, I don’t care much about Wilson, I think he’s a waste of talent with his decision making to some extent, but nothing I personally get worked up over.

Last person to play who I’d pick for that category is Avery, who made the game of hockey look cheap and classless.

Reactions: Psych0dad

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
As an Oiler fan, I'd love to be out of Lucic's contract, so on one hand, there's him. Considered saying Marchand, but even though he's dirty, I find some of his antics a bit amusing. I still don't like Evander Kane though, maybe him. The only thing he's ever done that I have liked was knocking out Matt Cooke...you know, because of that, he can keep his job too.

Lucic.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Elias Pettersson.

Just because i dont want to see HFBoards crash again.

It crashed when Pettersson vs Mathews poll went 70% to 30% in favor of EP40.
This site crashes anytime anything big happens. But lucic is my vote just so I don't have to watch him attempt to stick handle

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Antoine Roussel because he’s a little bitch.

I feel like saying a player on your team because he has a bad contract isn’t really the point of this thread...but if it’s allowed...easily David Backes. Ironically enough, David Backes was the replacement for another player that another fan base does not want anymore: Loui Eriksson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->