If You Could Remove One Current Player From The NHL, Who Would it Be, and Why?

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
While I don't necessarily want him gone from the league, as a Leafs fan I would love if Pastrnak got the flu before every Boston/Toronto game.

He just takes over and dominates every time.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Wilson

But it would be nice to never hear from Carcillo again.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
So many choices...

MacKinnon: probably the most damage I could do to a divisional rival with one quick strike.

Matthews: increase in personal satisfaction from watching a certain fanbase melt down.

Subban: still not over last year's playoffs.

Fleury: the above times 95, which is somewhat close to Fleury's SV% against the Jets in round 3.

Heiskanen: similar case to MacKinnon, but with the added benefit of getting rid of a couple extra years of him compared to MacK.

Ceci: potentially the worst defenseman in the league. Truly deserves a mention, him.

M. Tkachuk: getting ahead on making one potential playoff matchup bearable for the next decade.

Marchessault: nothing against the guy, but it would only be fitting for him to have such a interesting career path to the top, only to be wiped out by a random linguistics student in a blink of an eye.

Going with MacK. Remind me to choose Hughes next year.

Reactions: MoreMorrissey

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Obviously Tom Wilson. He's a menace to the health and well being of everyone he plays against. Obviously there are other plays that would fit that description as well, but he's the most egregious of offenders in recent history.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Oilers fan - Obvious would be Lucic.
But taking away Gibson in Anaheim would see them be a lotto team so that would be nice. Also makes it even easier to be a playoff team in the Pacific.

But yea pretty easily still Milan Lucic

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
I like how you purposely tried to make a Tom Wilson hate thread without saying Tom Wilson.

Justin Abdelkader. Get that contract outta here.

Lol what is with people thinking I made this as a Tom Wilson thread?

I really didn’t. I’m not going to say I love Tom Wilson, because I don’t, but he’s not even on my Top 10 list for candidates for this thread.

Pizza the Hutt

Game 6 Truther
Mar 22, 2012
For a Flames fan, the obvious choice is McDavid.

But by removing him, I rob the world of an exceptional talent.

So instead I remove Darnell Nurse - forcing Edmonton to draft Ristolainen, making them just good enough to miss out on the McDavid sweepstakes in 2015.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Brendan Leipsic, I'll leave it at that.

But considering he'll be out sooner or later, I'll just say Ryan Kesler.

Tom Wilson as another alternate answer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad