Speculation: If you could do one drastic change what would it be?

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
i think this team needs a shakeup .. what will it be?

fire coach hence change style completely? - remember you can't remove dwight king from our top 6 without removing the coach

find a #1B for Quick a la Schneider/Brodeur, Hiller/Fasth, Halak/Elliott, Reimer/Bernier? Quick won't play his playoff style hockey thru 82 games therefore needs to share the load

trade one core player like we did with jack johnson (any of richards, carter, kopitar, doughty, voynov, brown) and get an elite piece or a couple of pieces back to address needs

just wait it out, see where we finish between 10th and 7th, and if we are dissatisfied then, pull the trigger on a couple of F.A.s a la steen, vanek, phillips, orpik etc..

trade our picks/prospects to teams like Florida, Buffalo, Edmonton for veterans a la Ott, Kulikov, Hemsky, etc...

or i'm just panicking, this team is as dominant as chi, sj, ana, col, phx...it's just the points don't add up

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
the only thing i would do though...is fire sutter...why? sick and tired of grinding style hockey

sick and tired of mother ****ing dwight king on our first line !!!!!

end rant

ID

Sep 24, 2008
So cali
all we need is a top 4 dman RR isn't cutting it. I wish we could get someone like Gleason. Our core is just fine

MollerManor

Feb 18, 2009
all we need is a top 4 dman RR isn't cutting it. I wish we could get someone like Gleason. Our core is just fine

This is all we need. Getting a Scuderi like guy frees Doughty from covering mistakes and instead focuses him on creating chances in the neutral zone.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
lol :laugh:

I say either sit pat, which seems drastic around here given the temperature, or let the callups play some games.

I would honestly say the only thing we need minus some puck luck and vets pulling their heads out of their butts is a partner for Doughty.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
why do i hate dwight king so much?

he reminds me of the Jeff Giuliano experiment we had a few years back

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
but all you relaxed fans out there...im telling you we will finish between 10th and 7th this year

and if we do make it, a 2nd round exit is the best this group can do

but yeah, you guys stay relaxed and keep calling me a lunatic

KingKopitar11*

I'd do the first 3, fire Sutter, trade a core player, and find someone to be 1B for goalie because Quick can't perform without an elite defense.

I'm tired of our talented players humping the boards because management has a boner for grind it out hockey. Personally, I'd want DL fired and Sutter for a coach who knows offense as well as defense . so we can stop drafting grinders and draft talent. I want a team like Chicago.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
I'd do the first 3, fire Sutter, trade a core player, and find someone to be 1B for goalie because Quick can't perform without an elite defense.

I'm tired of our talented players humping the boards because management has a boner for grind it out hockey. Personally, I'd want DL fired and Sutter for a coach who knows offense as well as defense . so we can stop drafting grinders and draft talent. I want a team like Chicago.

wow somebody that acknowledges that there's something really wrong with this team? :amazed::amazed::amazed:

rare...very rare

but yeah, Sutter's style got old fast, teams know how to handle us... and his constant line juggling is not helping the team at all

DL is still one of the best GMs out there though, i'd want to keep him around

and i keep saying a Brown that doesn't hit, is a useless Brown. I'm sure we could address our LW by trading him and maybe fill in another piece as well

but before all this... i would love to have a coach that is fun to play for...see how our core responds...

are the kings like the rangers? and by that i mean do the kings need a torterella type coach to always make them work their butts off? Would we fall off the charts completely under a different coach?

all i know is that Dwight King doesn't belong on this roster !!!!

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
why do i hate dwight king so much?

he reminds me of the Jeff Giuliano experiment we had a few years back

If you want to compare a current King to Jeff Giuliano, you've got the wrong guy...

072313_lewis.jpg

KingKopitar11*

We won the Cup and then went to the WCF and you people want to fire DL and Sutter?!? :laugh:

Maybe you haven't realized we haven't played anything like the cup winning roster ever since. Darryl Sutter lit a fire under the team that year, but other then that, our offense is stoll anemic, and our prospect pool is average.

Look at what's right in front of you, not what happened two years ago. Things change, needs change, players change, GMs do as well. Wepplayed like **** last year, and we're still playing like crap.

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
Maybe you haven't realized we haven't played anything like the cup winning roster ever since. Darryl Sutter lit a fire under the team that year, but other then that, our offense is stoll anemic, and our prospect pool is average.

Look at what's right in front of you, not what happened two years ago. Things change, needs change, players change, GMs do as well. Wepplayed like **** last year, and we're still playing like crap.
You've been wanting people fired for as long as I can remember. You're too reactionary. It's still early in the season and we have a winning record, it's not like we're the Oilers. Chill out. This is what happens when there is a long break after a loss, lol.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
You've been wanting people fired for as long as I can remember. You're too reactionary. It's still early in the season and we have a winning record, it's not like we're the Oilers. Chill out. This is what happens when there is a long break after a loss, lol.

i laughed so hard at that !! :laugh::laugh:

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
I would say your overreacting. We're currently on pace for 98 points which should make the playoffs at a lower seed. But with wins in the next 2 games that number then jumps to a pace of 106 points. Which should make the playoffs with a good seed. Right now we seem to be low because as a whole the pac is just crazy right now with 40% of the teams with over 20 points all being in it. I just don't see if holding out.
As has been pointed out our one big hole is needing another D man. Scuds leaving hurt is really bad. But it's really too early to make a big change.

lexlavender

Jun 9, 2013
Put Brown back on the first line.

Crazy, I know...

Would also put martinez over Muzzin.

I'm a mad man over here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad