Speculation: If you could do one drastic change what would it be?

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
Put Brown back on the first line.

Crazy, I know...

Would also put martinez over Muzzin.

I'm a mad man over here.

Get out of here with that nonsense rookie! :sarcasm:

On topic I'd trade Fraser and Clifford, and shop Stoll. Keep Toffoli up and bring Pearson up.

KingKopitar11*

You've been wanting people fired for as long as I can remember. You're too reactionary. It's still early in the season and we have a winning record, it's not like we're the Oilers. Chill out. This is what happens when there is a long break after a loss, lol.

Hey I've been right often, just because I call it out early doesn't mean it's reactionary.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
First I would find a legit partner for Doughty. Don't care who, as long as its better than RR.

Other than that, I wouldn't do much else. I would listen to offers of Stoll or Clifford and would be looking to let Fraser go. But nothing too drastic. Firing Sutter is just plain stupid and is going a little overboard. Just a few tweaks here and there and the team will be better off.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
First off the OP ideas are worse than crazy.

I would try sitting Regehr in favor of having Muzzin and Martinez in the lineup at the same time. I think some of the Kings' problems are the result of not moving the puck out of the zone quickly enough with accurate passes to the forwards.

123slam

Dec 28, 2006
Waive Fraser.
Trade Regehr + Kozun (admit it, he won't ever succeed with our style of play) + pick/prospect for a Top 4 Dman.
Keep Vey and Top Titty up with the big club.

Brown - Kopi - Williams
Richards - Carter - Frattin
King - Vey - Toffoli
Lewis - Stoll - Nolan

Carcillo
Clifford
Martinez

Last edited:

kingsholygrail

Almost there.. 38-23-11
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Waive Fraser.
Trade Regehr + Kozun (admit it, he won't ever succeed with our style of play) + pick/prospect for a Top 4 Dman.
Keep Vey and Top Titty up with the big club.

Brown - Kopi - Williams
Richards - Carter - Toffoli
King - Vey - Toffoli
Lewis - Stoll - Nolan

Carcillo
Clifford
Martinez

Toffoli plays on 2 lines?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I don't think you're crazy, KPC, I just disagree that you need to go full Philly on a roster that won a cup then went to the conf. finals. While I agree in some ways you don't want to be stagnant and that as KingKopitar said you have to work with what's in front of you, it would be a fool's errand to blow up the roster. Just overhaul it.

HolyShot*

i think this team needs a shakeup .. what will it be?

fire coach hence change style completely? - remember you can't remove dwight king from our top 6 without removing the coach

find a #1B for Quick a la Schneider/Brodeur, Hiller/Fasth, Halak/Elliott, Reimer/Bernier? Quick won't play his playoff style hockey thru 82 games therefore needs to share the load

trade one core player like we did with jack johnson (any of richards, carter, kopitar, doughty, voynov, brown) and get an elite piece or a couple of pieces back to address needs

just wait it out, see where we finish between 10th and 7th, and if we are dissatisfied then, pull the trigger on a couple of F.A.s a la steen, vanek, phillips, orpik etc..

trade our picks/prospects to teams like Florida, Buffalo, Edmonton for veterans a la Ott, Kulikov, Hemsky, etc...

or i'm just panicking, this team is as dominant as chi, sj, ana, col, phx...it's just the points don't add up

You gotta wait it out. Quick is not the problem. We are good on defense right now, but that may be an issue going forward after this season.

Trading away anybody in our top 6 would screw up chemistry. The way it is right now, we operate with a PWF - SNP - DNG line combination on our first two lines. That has been the recipe for success the last couple of years. Messing with that combination will spell disaster for the Kings.

If you're going to trade away a power forward, you have to be getting a power forward back. Likewise with the other types. You can't slot too many of our prospects into top 6 roles because you don't know how good they're going to be at the NHL level, except for Toffoli. He is the only player that justifies trading away a top 6 forward, because he can fill the shoes of a SNP/DNG. He is a very valuable tool to have, but he needs to be on a line with a power forward. Therein lies the problem...we lack top 6 power forwards.

Toffoli can drop to the 3rd line, but you have to make sure he's got someone big on his line or a power forward.

OldGreatWestern

Aug 27, 2008
I think I'm pretty done with Stoll, Lewis, Clifford. It would nice to get anything for them.

Brown - Kopitar - Toffoli
Pearsen - Carter - Frattin
Carcillo - Richards - Williams
King - Vey - Nolan

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
the only thing i would do though...is fire sutter...why? sick and tired of grinding style hockey

sick and tired of mother ****ing dwight king on our first line !!!!!

end rant

Jesus, man.

I wish we would legalize marijuana so posters like you could take a toke from the peace pipe once in a blue moon.

:D

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
About Quick: Has he really been relegated to just being a hot playoff goalie? Will he ever be back to his 2011-12 form? It sucks to even think about these.

lexlavender

Jun 9, 2013
On Quick, I don't think he's been so terrible this season, though the numbers show that he's been just average. I've seen him make some killer saves, and show that he still has the ability to stand on his head. But I think the injury has effected him, so there's that to get over. Also, alot of the goals he lets in I feel are either just impossible to save, but mostly from a lack of focus. I think he needs a little kick in the pants, or some sort of wake up call, to get him going. The talent is still there, I think he can become beast-mode 2011-2012 quick, he just needs to wake up and start trying.

kingsholygrail

Almost there.. 38-23-11
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Goalies always benefit and suffer from the teams that play in front of them. The Kings are hanging Quick out to dry, particularly on the PK. Of course he's gonna look average.

Puck U

2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
Aug 2, 2005
Apple Valley, CA.
ChickenLittle.jpg

ashleymbhs6.edublogs.org,%20Disney-Chicken-Little-Sky-Falling.jpg

chickenlittle.jpg

evJIcuWuh8OE3J3iReHjM20IyyS.jpg

396609-83249-chicken-little.jpg

BUCK UP ... PuckerChoo

Last edited:

drugold

drunk, goals&swagger
Jul 13, 2009
Brisbane,
Guys I'd target
Giordano- Shame Calgary have so much spirit. They never bend over and take it. I remember one game Giordano just kept assaulting Brown with solid check after check. Brown was scared.

Gilbert, Kulikov. Gilbert should come cheap. Might work out might not. Ala Regher. Chemistry isn't written in books. Kulikov, well it doesn't hurt to ask.
Tyutin- Always solid and under rated
Sustr- massive young talent, Tampa needs him but I dare to dream
Hall- Edmonton needs a shake up. They would be stupid to deal Hall, so it is possible.

Possible tradebait-
Brown, Stoll, Clifford, Muzzin, Vey, Weal, Andreoff. I'm willing to listen

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
Goalies always benefit and suffer from the teams that play in front of them. The Kings are hanging Quick out to dry, particularly on the PK. Of course he's gonna look average.

Yeah, I remember someone posting on the main boards that Quick's PP SV% is low 80s(can be attributed to poor defense leaving wide open slot shots and bang bang plays), while his EV SV% is 91.6 still. Full percent better than last season.

The big issue is not 5 on 5 for Quick it seems, it's special teams

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->