If we won the Draft Lottery would you trade that pick? If for whom or what?

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I doubt they're trading OEL for Matthews even if it only took OEL. He's a top 5-10 D man in the league, which is just as valuable as a franchise C, let alone a potential Franchise C.

I wouldn't even entertain a trade with the Coyotes unless their pick is in the top ~8.

It'd have to be something like 2016 1st, Strome + Domi + to get me to not draft Matthews.

Not enough. If they don't open with OEL I'm hanging up the phone. And I don't mean OEL alone. If you think I am asking too much you are right. I'm not talking to anybody who isn't serious about overpaying. Sorry I will just keep him. See ya. OEL + Strome + + and there are no small pluses.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
He could but given the amount of American players we already have I don't think he would turn us down.
He has history with Roslovic and I'm sure he knows who Connor is. He'll likely be playing with Wheeler, Buff, Trouba, and Helle possibly Myers on Team America at International tournaments.

I was just goofing around. I also really doubt the number of Americans on the team would have any impact on his desire to play here.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
I'd trade it for mcdavid or eichel, that's about it. Even though I think there might be a bit of overestimation of his talent based on his age. He was born a day too late to be picked in last years draft iirc. Consensus was he would probably have been taken third if he was available.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
I'd trade it for mcdavid or eichel, that's about it. Even though I think there might be a bit of overestimation of his talent based on his age. He was born a day too late to be picked in last years draft iirc. Consensus was he would probably have been taken third if he was available.

Many said he'd go second.

He's 9 months younger than McDavid and 10 1/2 months younger than Eichel.

Last edited:

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Many said he'd go second.

He's 9 months younger than McDavid and 10 1/2 months younger than Eichel.

Almost a full year younger than Eichel and scores 29 more points than him playing in the same league.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Only For MacDavid

Jets with Matthews?

Ehlers Schiefele Wheeler
Perrault Little Stafford
Connor Matthews Petan
Lowry Copp Lemiuex

Bring on the ROOKIES!!!!

Enstrom Myers
Trouba Byfuglien
Morrissey Postma

Hellybucke
Pavelec

Removing lemiuex and adding Captain Andrew Ladd in that lineup would be more awesome.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Only For MacDavid

Jets with Matthews?

Ehlers Schiefele Wheeler
Perrault Little Stafford
Connor Matthews Petan
Lowry Copp Lemiuex

Bring on the ROOKIES!!!!

Enstrom Myers
Trouba Byfuglien
Morrissey Postma

Hellybucke
Pavelec

Removing lemiuex and adding Captain Andrew Ladd in that lineup would be more awesome.

Swap Petan for Thorburn and Stuart for Morrissey, because Jets.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I think Strome, Duclaire, Coyotes 1st and Coyotes 2nd for 1st overall is a fair deal. I rate Strome and Marner on the same balllpark level as Matthews. Matthews might be better but getting Duclaire, Coyotes 1st and 2nd more than compensates for that.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
I think Strome, Duclaire, Coyotes 1st and Coyotes 2nd for 1st overall is a fair deal. I rate Strome and Marner on the same balllpark level as Matthews. Matthews might be better but getting Duclaire, Coyotes 1st and 2nd more than compensates for that.

Strome and Marner are not in the same ball park as Matthews. Matthews is going to put up 50+ points next year and I wouldn't bet on either of the others doing so.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Almost a full year younger than Eichel and scores 29 more points than him playing in the same league.

If Eichel is 10.5 months older than Matthews then Matthews was 1.5 months OLDER than Eichel was in their respective draft minus one seasons.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
If Eichel is 10.5 months older than Matthews then Matthews was 1.5 months OLDER than Eichel was in their respective draft minus one seasons.

Either way sir. Only 1.5 months older and 29 points is like next level production in any league can't deny it.

Last edited:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
You keep the pick and draft Matthews. He spends a couple years centering the 3rd but you have just drafted the future #1 C. In a couple years you have Matthews-Scheif-Little down the middle with a top 9 winger pool of Wheeler, Ehlers, MP, Connor, Armia, Roslovic or Petan. You shore up the 4th with some combination of Lowry, Burmi, Copp, Lemieux and Lipon and all of a sudden you are able to compete with the best.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
You take Matthews and start the car...

only a Lindros level return of insanity would get me to deal that....

Mathews would have been in the conversation for 2nd overall this year. He is an elite talent. I'd be hard pressed to pass up 7 years of his services for anything less than a franchise player.

I fully anticipate that he will put up 50-60 points as a rookie. Perhaps more.

There is zero chance I would move down or trade Mathews.

If we won the draft lottery I would scream like a child then look for people to celebrate with.

You keep the pick and draft Matthews. He spends a couple years centering the 3rd but you have just drafted the future #1 C. In a couple years you have Matthews-Scheif-Little down the middle with a top 9 winger pool of Wheeler, Ehlers, MP, Connor, Armia, Roslovic or Petan. You shore up the 4th with some combination of Lowry, Burmi, Copp, Lemieux and Lipon and all of a sudden you are able to compete with the best.

All of this. Unless some team makes an absolute ridiculous offer (bordering on crippling their own franchise), there is no way IMO you pass up on a potential franchise 1C (and the 3 ELC years, and the 7 total of guaranteed control).

He would be our 3C next year without question and instantly makes the 3rd line better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad