If we sign Hemsky, who should we target for LW on that line

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Hoffman is already here. Aside from that, drop Kassian from the lineup and lets see what Prince and Puempel have to offer. Makes the decision a lot easier.

Making a deal for O'Reilly. As a UFA Statsny could be interesting. But they are more Centre than wing.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I'm with anyone that has said Hoffman.

Hoffman - Spezza - Hemsky
MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
??? - Zibanejad - Lazar

For me these would be the lines next year. The ??? can be anyone really, but someone like Prince, Stone or Puempel would probably be best.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013

??? - Zibanejad - Lazar

For me these would be the lines next year. The ??? can be anyone really, but someone like Prince, Stone or Puempel would probably be best.

No wonder they were trying to land a power forward at the deadline, talk about a soft team to play against

Busboy

Jul 29, 2011
With Spezza and Hemsky you need a board warrior and net crasher IMO.

If that's the case then it would be worth giving Greening a look on that line.

Most fans probably hate this idea but he's the closest we have to that type of player and he's shown chemistry with Spezza in the past.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

??? - Zibanejad - Lazar

Agreed, I think we even see Hoffman there before this year is done. I would also like to see what stone can do with those to guys.
cammaleri could probably score 30-40 playing with a clicking spez and hemsky though

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
if hemsky does sign here for more than a year or two, puempel would be perfect on that line....but the way hes playing I expect some team to blow any offer out of the water..and then we sign gaborik

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
JJ for sure.

I wanted him last year.

He may not have the speed to keep up with Spezza and Hemsky, but he protects the puck so well in the offensive zone that it would open up a lot of space/chances for the other 2.

FORWARDS
Jaromir Jagr ($3.500m) / Jason Spezza ($7.000m) / Ales Hemsky ($3.500m)
Clarke MacArthur ($3.250m) / Kyle Turris ($3.500m) / Bobby Ryan ($5.100m)
Mike Hoffman ($0.850m) / Mika Zibanejad ($0.894m) / Mark Stone ($0.603m)
Derek Grant ($0.660m) / Zack Smith ($1.888m) / Chris Neil ($1.900m)
DEFENSEMEN
Marc Methot ($3.000m) / Erik Karlsson ($6.500m)
Christian Ehrhoff ($4.000m) / Jared Cowen ($3.100m)
Chris Phillips ($2.500m) / Cody Ceci ($0.894m)
Mark Borowiecki ($0.575m) /
GOALTENDERS
Craig Anderson ($3.188m)
Robin Lehner ($2.500m)
------
TOTALS
(estimations for 2014-15)
SALARY CAP: $71,100,000; CAP PAYROLL: $58,901,667; BONUSES: $1,595,000
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $12,198,333 (+ 4M in actual $ because of Spezza)

Which is pretty much on par with where we are now in spending.

Sens should trade Greening or buy him out if they cant. I believe compliancy buy-outs are not paid for by the team.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Not sure if Jagr would work on LW.

Can Stone play LW? If he can, then he should play with Spezza and Hemsky.

I think it's becoming more apparent that Michalek is not going to be back. But BM re-signed Phillips, so you never know.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
I'm not sure we land Hemmer without MM- which really blows because...so does MM.:laugh:

Jagr is interesting but is a RW.

Moulson will go to the highest bidder, sooo...

Hoff/Prince should get a good look.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
should have gone after moulson and done everything possible to get him to take over michalek's spot. too late now i would think.

TheSenator

The other guys
Apr 4, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Hemsky and "Mikky" are friends from their time with the Czech international team. If we could lock up Michalek to a similar contract as Phillips that would likely give us a much better shot at re-signing Hemsky.

Even if they aren't used on the top pairing together I wouldn't mind Milan as a depth fwd if the price is right.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Hemsky and "Mikky" are friends from their time with the Czech international team. If we could lock up Michalek to a similar contract as Phillips that would likely give us a much better shot at re-signing Hemsky.

Even if they aren't used on the top pairing together I wouldn't mind Milan as a depth fwd if the price is right.

I personally don't mind Michalek as a support player.

Put him on the third line, and use him on the PK, as long as the price is right.

He's a bit of a band-aid, but it gives some of the Bingo players to show what they can do when he gets hurt. (without expecting too much of them if they are only playing on the third line)

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
Please stop mentioning cammilari. I want him nowhere near this team. Murray will take any winger from bingo over him.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
I personally don't mind Michalek as a support player.

Put him on the third line, and use him on the PK, as long as the price is right.

He's a bit of a band-aid, but it gives some of the Bingo players to show what they can do when he gets hurt. (without expecting too much of them if they are only playing on the third line)

Agreed. He has looked a lot better in recent months, and is still pretty quick out there. Loved how he drove the puck to the net last night which almost led to a goal.

If we don't keep Milo, then it's Hoffman's spot to lose because IMO we won't be making an UFA signings. Or like someone mentioned, Hemsky will be our "early" UFA signing.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
I'd be ok with letting Milo go if that means Stone gets a regular spot.

Absolutely. We have spent several years developing some of these guys, and then block their next step to play with the Sens in real minutes by resigning a Grade C player (Phillips as an example).

Michalek would do the same. Signing Michalek would mean we would give up on Prince & Puempel at the least. Prince for sure does not want to be in that scenario as a career AHLer. Hoffman, Puempel and Prince should all get a shot playing these last 18 games to show what they can do. And quality minutes.

TheSenator

The other guys
Apr 4, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Stone-Spezza-Hemsky
Macarthus-Turris-Ryan
Michalek-Zibanejad-(Condra/Prince)
Greening-Smith-Neil

^Thats how I see the fwd lineup looking going into next season.

As far as our defensive core's concerned I could see some curveballs coming our way at the draft so ill be keeping my fingers crossed for tht one. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad