If we sign Hemsky, who should we target for LW on that line

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
So it looks like most of us want to keep Hemsky here due to chemistry with Spezza, but we are less decided on Michalek.

So, who should we try to put on that left wing? A UFA? One of our prospects? Michalek?

For what it is worth, according to capgeek these are the top 5 left wing UFAs:
Vanek
J Jokinen
Moulson
Raymond
Penner

Michalek would come next on this list

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
My bet is it will be Hoffman. He showed that he doesnt belong in Bingo anymore. He prove all he had too and I love to see him play he is a great player. Either that or they resign Michalek at discount

kg3inott

May 12, 2009
Ottawa
Cammy? Can't believe he hasn't been mentioned. He apparently is best buds with spezz too. I'm sure he wants to sign closer to home. Could be the pure goal scorer that line needs!

azashi

May 31, 2006
If I, as a long-time Oilers fan may make a comment... Hemsky worked best in Edmonton not with the pure shooter types, but the Ryan Smyth/Dustin Penner guys who could get to the front of the net and do the dirty work. Obviously he's never had a centre of Spezza's calibre before, but I still think the two have enough shooting ability that they'll need a garbage man.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
It'll be an internal candidate, IMO. That, or it'll be a low-to-mid-cost UFA like Raymond/Setoguchi/Kulemin as "insurance" in case all of our internal guys (Hoffman, Puempel) pull a Greening on us.

Hemsky, if he re-signs (fingers crossed!) will be our "Early UFA signing".

Realistically, I think a guy like Vrbata would excel with Hemsky & Spez, and might come cheaper than a few of the other wingers out there who have a little more hype around them at the moment.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
If you are going UFA route:

- Radim Vrbata
- Ignila (he's 36 but has 20 goals, 29 assists)
- Moulson

Via trade
I'd love to see Stewart here via a trade with Buffalo.

Also a healthy Bolland would be amazing, this guy can flat out play and is clutch.

Sens need a much gritty forward group (especially top 6 if they going to go far in the playoffs)

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
We're not getting a guy like that as a UFA, IMO.

We'd need to trade for that.
I think Kulemin would regain his scoring touch with those 2 he might be a good pick up , I also think Mac should get a look with them , when is he due back ? I hope Turris and Ryan pick it up really pulling for the Sens to make it to post season.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
Said it in another thread and was laughed at but you all watched him last night. Get Spaling out of NSH. Kid can tip shots like a boss and snipe too. Stop looking for treasure in the .99 cent bin. Look for longer term pieces that can grow with the team.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Cammalleri would be perfect. Veteran LW sniper that won't cost too much.

Not sure how much he'd get on the FA market, but I'd imagine it would be a fair bit less than Moulson and Vrbata. We might have to move Greening to make it work with the budget.

Cammalleri - Spezza - Hemsky
MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Hoffman - Zibanejad - Stone
Clifford - Smith - Neil

Awesome forward group.

arglebargle

Feb 27, 2008
My bet is it will be Hoffman. He showed that he doesnt belong in Bingo anymore. He prove all he had too and I love to see him play he is a great player. Either that or they resign Michalek at discount

Michalek isn't worth bringing back IMO. I like your Hoffman idea. With Hoffman playing wing on that line the Sens could go with:

MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Hoffman - Spezza - Hemsky
??? - Zibanejad - Lazar
Greening - Smith - Condra

Then just pick up a good board playing LW to put on that 3rd line and that's a pretty decent group of forwards.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Puempel would be interesting. He doesn't need the puck, he's a sniper and good around the net. If Stone could switch to LW, he'd be a good option too.

Might as well give the young players a shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad