Pre-Game Talk: If we lose to Buffalo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Will it change anything?

Buffalo was supposed to be the worst team this year, right?

Questionable goaltending, not enough talent up front and a few question marks on the blueline.

If we don't win tomorrow I'm going to be speechless.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Buffalo is a truly abysmal team. But in the game against the Habs last night they worked out and came out with a close loss.

If they put in an effort like the one I saw last night, and the Oilers put in an effort like they have the last handful of games, the Oilers most certainly will lose. Maybe they will squeak out a point, because the Sabres roster is just that bad.

But I can't imagine a scenario where the Oilers look good tomorrow.

davidsitar

Apr 12, 2011
If we lose and look badly doing so, does anyone actually believe that Eakins might get fired?

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Nothing will change. MacT is just way too stubborn. Almost in a child-like manner. I think we have to do some reverse psychology on him. I think every Oiler fan should be chanting "let's keep Eakins!!!"

Then MacT would think "Hmmm, they want to keep him, eh? I'm firing his ass!!!"

Worth a try. :dunno:

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Why should it matter if we beat up on a bottom dwelling team from the East? We still can't win games in our division. We could beat them 7-0 and it wouldn't change anything.

flashy

In the name of Kane.
Dec 17, 2009
Edmonton
nothing just like the last 5 years. nothing ever happens until the season is over. it would take a losing streak of epic proportions.

Eakins is Mact's crutch. The minute he fires him, its no longer oh I was cleaning up the mess from before, its I ****ed up. I don't Mact has it in him.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
They have the built in excuse of Hall being hurt so I doubt anything happens.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Who would really be capable of getting something out of that group of players?

You mean this group + one of McDavid/Eichel/Hanifin + Nurse at some point too?

I would bet Terry Murray, Brent Sutter, hell even Marc Crawford could get more out of this group than the last two coaches. But nope. We had to go with the "mystery box" coach.

Dec 3, 2005
Vancouver BC
You mean this group + one of McDavid/Eichel/Hanifin + Nurse at some point too?

I would bet Terry Murray, Brent Sutter, hell even Marc Crawford could get more out of this group than the last two coaches. But nope. We had to go with the "mystery box" coach.

picture233.png

vTaHm9O.jpg

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Who would really be capable of getting something out of that group of players?

Krueger and Renney both got more out of less talented groups.

Either they were amazing finds and the team never should have parted ways with them OR

It probably won't be that tough to find someone who can do better than Eakins.

Lewy

May 26, 2011
Pretty disappointing to be in this spot again. Another 6 months of meaningless games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad