If We Are In The Playoff Push, What Is Your Philosophy On Lazar In WJC?

MtRundle

We once were warriors.
Apr 29, 2013
Toronto
If Lazar is playing over 12+ minutes here he should stay. He already has been "introduced" to international competition and won the Mem cup.

He's in the show now, can't get bigger than that if he's a regular.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Canada has now gone five yrs without winning gold in the WJC so I would like to see Lazar returned to junior so that he can captain the team. I would like nothing better than to see Lazar on a line with McDavid for the press that would generate & Lazar to win a gold medal & lift the cup & the press that would generate & bring to an Ottawa Senator prospect. Ottawa could use some great news.

If Lazar could have a great tournament, maybe be right up there in pts & help the team to win it all would be great for his confidence & we would have an even better more confident prospect next yr. Would that be the same if he was already playing in Ottawa, I don't know? He would probably be considered a pro playing with juniors & expected to be the best player, it may not have the same effect overall. Nor for his confidence but while being a junior there is no argument since every team has great junior players on them. We still don't know for sure if he will be staying after the nine game mark, although BM has said as much & most think he will, we'll see.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Canada has now gone five yrs without winning gold in the WJC so I would like to see Lazar returned to junior so that he can captain the team. I would like nothing better than to see Lazar on a line with McDavid for the press that would generate & Lazar to win a gold medal & lift the cup & the press that would generate & bring to an Ottawa Senator prospect. Ottawa could use some great news.

If Lazar could have a great tournament, maybe be right up there in pts & help the team to win it all would be great for his confidence & we would have an even better more confident prospect next yr. Would that be the same if he was already playing in Ottawa, I don't know? He would probably be considered a pro playing with juniors & expected to be the best player, it may not have the same effect overall. Nor for his confidence but while being a junior there is no argument since every team has great junior players on them. We still don't know for sure if he will be staying after the nine game mark, although BM has said as much & most think he will, we'll see.

That's the thing, the fans just want what entertains them more. For the fan, a two week blitz of international junior hockey and the thought of their prospect leading it is more exciting then seeing him in 3-4 regular season NHL games that are just like the other ones.

If you're actually taking the POV of the Sens it's probably a bad msg if he's still playing as is.

Last edited:

Rals

Apr 5, 2011
Ottawa
Let him choose, either way its not the end of the world. Strengthen the relationship between organisation and player.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I read in the paper this morning that the decision to keep Lazar in Ottawa coming from PM will come down to numbers & business although he also said he hasn't talked to BM about it. Now that's an interesting way of putting things because Lazar really doesn't have great numbers in terms of goals & assists but maybe he also means analytical numbers, who knows. The business part is also interesting given the financial aspect of things that we have been reading about this team for the past two yrs.

Can they afford to waive a player like Greening or Condra & if he is not picked up by any other team, pay him an NHL salary to play in Bingo & for how long? Since Condra is a pending UFA he would obviously be cheaper but then again they could also demote Greening & wait until the time comes to buy him out but that will also be a little expensive. Including one or both in a trade would be the best option but that's easier said than done.

sensfan14

Oct 24, 2014
If he's still getting the time he is now, no chance he goes to the WJC. I'd love it if he did, fans would love it, but I strongly doubt that Ottawa lets him go if he is a solid part of the team come December.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00